Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mpeugeot, What part of TX are you in ?
I routinely drive from Corpus Christi to San Angelo. Sometimes I get out to Dallas-Fort Worth (it's about 3-4 hours from San Angelo).
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a '21 OBX. I received a message in FordPass on 9/23/22 that I'm "rolling with the latest Ford Power-Up". Clicking on Update Details shows that Ford Power-Up 3.5.2 and that this update "helps prepare your vehicle for Alexa and other future improvements" and that I should "stay tuned because another download will arrive soon to complete the process". They "promise, it will be worth it".

The Software Updates section in the app shows the "recent changes" as 9/17/22 and points to Ford Power-up 2.3.2.

In the car, Sync shows Sync4 version 22087 Rev 415, which I'm guessing based on julian dates (that's what it looks like to me) that's around March 28, '22 - months after the car was built and delivered.

I'm not sure what the relationship to Power-up versions vs Sync4 versions, if there is any.

So I got an update - I just have no idea what it is. I do not know if I ever had the 21146 rev 145 version.
21146 rev 145 was power-up 1.9.0

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a theory, because of the size of the update, Ford update servers were maybe waiting for the vehicle to be parked for multiple days... Which it has over the holidays.
Meh... No update 🤷

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a theory, because of the size of the update, Ford update servers were maybe waiting for the vehicle to be parked for multiple days... Which it has over the holidays.
Meh... No update 🤷
Nope, tried that when I had covid recently.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, tried that when I had covid recently.
I just called and spoke with Ford over the Air area. No luck. They told me the updates are rolling out by VIN, and my vin is showing nothing coming. We walked through everything and the only new tip was that the parking brake may need to be on for some updates….I’ll try it. Here’s the number if anyone else wants to use it.
Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 2B40B047-EBE1-4F12-8629-5B3407D4B2E4

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just called and spoke with Ford over the Air area. No luck. They told me the updates are rolling out by VIN, and my vin is showing nothing coming. We walked through everything and the only new tip was that the parking brake may need to be on for some updates….I’ll try it. Here’s the number if anyone else wants to use it.
Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 2B40B047-EBE1-4F12-8629-5B3407D4B2E4
They are lying to you. Trust me, I went through this BS with them several times. If you had FDRS, you could prove that they are lying.

A155X1

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The wireless Carplay is really bad on my bronco. It cuts off music all the time. They should work on fixing that as well.
Or maybe work on better logistics so they can get thee sumbitches delivered.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI: I got updated on Dec. 22/23 when I was parked over night far from home. No wifi, no emergency brake and the update just happened. So, not sure what the rhyme or reason is with these updates.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI: I got updated on Dec. 22/23 when I was parked over night far from home. No wifi, no emergency brake and the update just happened. So, not sure what the rhyme or reason is with these updates.
I wonder if it was downloaded while you were at home, but didn’t install until a later date? You shouldn’t need wifi for the installation.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder what the logic behind the VIN sequence is as it does not seem like they are rolling it out chronologically or trim specific.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if it was downloaded while you were at home, but didn’t install until a later date? You shouldn’t need wifi for the installation.
I have never connected my Bronco or F150 to Wi-Fi and they updated. The 5G modem will download the update just fine, like it always has 😉

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never connected my Bronco or F150 to Wi-Fi and they updated. The 5G modem will download the update just fine, like it always has 😉
Didn’t know that - I assumed you needed to be on wifi for these.