First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the things I missed was having the garage door buttons on the visor. I found a solution for this lack of functionality that I prefer much more. My solution is for Apple/iPhone but I’m sure Androids are similar.

First, I do have the MyQ devices on my garage doors, this is nice but you have to unlock the phone, open the app, then execute the open/close command; this was just clunky and by the time I got the door open I was parked and waiting for the door to open.

I found a device (and there are several) that installs on the door opener and gives you HomeKit and Siri capabilities. Now on my screen, displaying CarPlay, I get a garage door button when I’m in proximity to the house. As I’m pulling into my driveway the button shows up, I hit it, and the garage door opens and same thing as I’m pulling away for closing the door. You can also set up automation to do it automatically as you approach or pull away from your house.
Ford Bronco Garage Door Opener EC55C13F-8A46-4310-A40B-2CDDA330CF29
Ford Bronco Garage Door Opener 63A8CDCB-EC56-434F-9FEF-DF691C529DF7
Sponsored

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually never looked into it. What is the garage door opener situation?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lucky to have the visor buttons, but I am shocked that MyQ didn't have a Carplay compatible App. I would have guessed that it would be one of the first!

Probably not going to add another device, but this is a much better solution than having to dig out the phone (which I have to do because of wireless Carplay)

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice solution!

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is cool, good to know. I have a similar device I plan to use pictured here:
Ford Bronco Garage Door Opener image
Having remote access (like at work) to open and close my garage door, has enabled me to let the kids in, the furnace repair company, the plumber, and the neighbor) You don't know how useful it is, till you try it.

OP
OP

Cdsielaff

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having remote access (like at work) to open and close my garage door, has enabled me to let the kids in, the furnace repair company, the plumber, and the neighbor) You don't know how useful it is, till you try it.
[/QUOTE

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was really bummed that the homelink wasn't in the lower packages. But my kids like to open the door so I call ahead and they meet me outside. I like it better this way.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leaving a garage door opener in an open top vehicle is not the best for security.
Also having the screen open the door and not a dedicated device getting you one less thing rattling around the interior.

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I have that as well…just giving you a hard time!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another workaround that you might consider is something like Home Assistant, found at https://home-assistant.io/

The learning curve on getting it going can be a bit steep at times, but it can do smart geofencing and such, so that it will auto-close and open your garage door based on proximity, and things like that.

Looks like some people have gotten it working with the baby broncos and Ford Pass on the other forum, too:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/fordpass-home-assistant-integration.2732/

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I have a key pad outside my garage and and I have to push buttons. How old school and my kids are confused. Lol

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a liftmaster wireless battery backup garage door and have for 5 years. It's pretty awesome to use the MyQ App and open/close my door from anywhere.
Sponsored