First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He wouldn’t know, he’s clearly an Android user. CarPlay has maps and Spotify, I’m set. What the hell else can I possibly need while I’m driving besides maps and music?
Do.. Do you not realize that Android auto does exactly the same thing?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First. I have the MyQ app on my gate and the device in the house to make it work from anywhere. The app doesn’t show on CarPlay. Second, I use Carplay 99% of my drive. I use Apple Music for my audio and Google Maps for my navigation. Love the full color maps. They help me see where I’m at better.
Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay Garage Opener? 1D54259D-4751-439F-BC9A-40C0D616DBD7

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey y’all. Does anyone with apple CarPlay who also has a MyQ garage door opener that allows you to open your garage door with your phone know if you can use your infotainment screen to open your garage? This idea just popped into my head while thinking about how to maybe use an aux switch for my opener and realizing maybe there was another way. If not, anyone know why it wouldn’t work? Curious about the responses to this.
I use the MYQ APP a lot... Haven't had a lot of luck connecting to CarPlay haven't even tried. Now I ride a motorcycle a lot and I use the MYQAPP on my Apple Watch to open the doors.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y’all. Does anyone with apple CarPlay who also has a MyQ garage door opener that allows you to open your garage door with your phone know if you can use your infotainment screen to open your garage? This idea just popped into my head while thinking about how to maybe use an aux switch for my opener and realizing maybe there was another way. If not, anyone know why it wouldn’t work? Curious about the responses to this.
When you go into settings, general, CarPlay and customize your bronco, you will see that myQ is not one of the compatible apps. So the short answer is no, myQ will not be able to be used on screen. However Siri is a viable option for voice control. Also Alexa can be used in the Bronco and can also control you’re MyQ garage door.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone point me to where you can voice control to OPEN the garage. Everywhere I've read says you can't do this because it's a liability concern. A burglar could just yell out, "hey siri/alexa/google, tell myq to open the garage door" from outside your house. Boom garage door opens and they just got in without forced entry. I can close my garage and check the open/closed status but I can't open it. I must be missing something?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone point me to where you can voice control to OPEN the garage. Everywhere I've read says you can't do this because it's a liability concern. A burglar could just yell out, "hey siri/alexa/google, tell myq to open the garage door" from outside your house. Boom garage door opens and they just got in without forced entry. I can close my garage and check the open/closed status but I can't open it. I must be missing something?
You’re right by default they do not allow you to do these due to the concerns you mention. There are places in the Alexa application where you can allow it/override. One is shown below, but I do not enable it due to the security risk.

2E35EE1A-E904-4ED8-BD79-520C6C33F1FB.jpeg

Havanajoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 coupe. Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been using Alexa with myQ opener and it works great I just supply a voice code . If you have a chamberlain or lift master opener you can add their hub for $45 and your done. Just enable the voice code.

Ghoffed

Black Diamond
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to get the garage open/close tile on carplay menu recently using homeassistant. My myq device is probably one of the first made, its a craftsman assurelink, so it should work for anyone but it is a convoluted process:

• First you need a Homekit hub. (ipad and appletvs work for this, you want something that stays on the same wifi as your myq device and hopefully doesn't run out of juice)
  • You then need to set up homeassistant on a device. I have a computer running docker, you can use raspberrypi or other devices.
  • You then add both homekit and myq to homeassistant. I had to reset my phone and homekit hub a couple of times to get it to pair with homeassistant, however once i was able to get it to pair I haven't had any trouble since.
  • after you get all the steps done the garage door should show up in the Home app on your Iphone
  • make sure you have your home address setup in apple maps and if you do now when you leave and arrive at your house you should get a button to open/close your garage door on the touch screen in carplay
Using voice is the less time consuming way to setup but I do like the button more.

Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay Garage Opener? EZ

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super easy to mate MyQ with Apple Home and then it shows up on CarPlay, just like the above!

Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay Garage Opener? 308BC837-2567-43CF-BED6-CD1C70795366

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if his BlackBerry can search this info online though? Maybe we should cut him some slack...
Kinda funny, but are you aware sync was based on blackberry?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you go into settings, general, CarPlay and customize your bronco, you will see that myQ is not one of the compatible apps. So the short answer is no, myQ will not be able to be used on screen. However Siri is a viable option for voice control. Also Alexa can be used in the Bronco and can also control you’re MyQ garage door.
Thats what is Soooo dumb, I feel like some "motherly" figure is censoring any apps that either don't pay yapple, or they deem "unsafe" for the vehicle. I can make those choices for myself and don't need yapple to choose what's best for me....apple sucks. And so does censorship of any kind.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

He wouldn’t know, he’s clearly an Android user. CarPlay has maps and Spotify, I’m set. What the hell else can I possibly need while I’m driving besides maps and music?
No we need MORE apps an an OPEN platform. CP and AA are severely limited and we'll just stupid.
Obviously only the passenger should be doing some of these things while someoneelse is driving..., if your solo, pull over in a safe area 1st!

How about the ability to open, view, send your email?
Or view pdf or pics from email?
There are TONS of apps applicable that are NOT available in car play or AA. You don't know what your missing, because you have not tried or imagined the possibilies!

I'm able to use the Bronco screen as a laptop screen, I can surf the web, pull up any site or app that works on your phone, change tunes and guages with JB4,

Hell I even open emails, download check pictures from customers and then use banking app to upload check pictures to do a mobile deposit to my bank all on the bronco screen. Try that on yer car play iPhone car play turd!!!

Or how about the Garmin app? Excellent way to find and map your buddy with his Garmin inreach. Sync your Bronco with your garmin!

Also much more powerful topo zone maps....( again not available with apple CP)

OnX works better on the t-box than through AA or carplay. The options are severely limited with carplay junk.

I can even connect to a printer and print from the bronco screen....car play will NEVER allow this.

The multimedia box I use is the carlinkit t-box plus11. This is how Car play and AA should work from the OEM, anything less is prehistoric censorship.

Last edited:

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use SIRI to open my garage doors all the time. I have two doors set up. One I call south and the other north. I say Siri open north door and it opens. You have to have the My Q bridge and Home Kit set up to do it. I have the Apple Home set up with cameras motion sensors etc as well as my garage doors. Alexa will do the same thing.

I saw above Apple home can put a button on the Sync screen which is cool, but tapping the steering wheel button and saying Siri open north door is even cooler.

Sync was based off QNX which was the Black Berry OS, I am not sure now what it is using behind the screen.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you're remotely technically inclined, take a look at HomeBridge - https://homebridge.io/

I set it up and can now access my MyQ controller to open/close garage doors via HomeKit. I do not have the MyQ Bridge, just the $20 MyQ I bought from Amazon.

If you have a synology NAS you can use docker. Or you can just get a small Raspberry Pi setup to run it very easily, they even have their own image - https://github.com/homebridge/homebridge/wiki
Sponsored