Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baja Kits knocked it outta the park with their Upper and Lower trailing arms for the Ford Bronco! Not only do they look stunning, but the trophy truck functionality that Baja Kits is known for bled through in the design. Overall, it was a piece of cake, but there was a minor hurdle I encountered, was determining the method for dropping the gas tank instead of entirely removing it. I highly recommend checking out the installation video at your convenience, as it provides a clear visual guide. These arms offer massive strides in getting the most out of your rock crawling machine. And if you've got any burning questions about the process or these awesome Baja Kits, don't hesitate to shout 'em out. Here to help you!

Link:

Ford Bronco Gas Tank Drop Mystery Solved | Upgraded Upper and Lower Trailing Arms Baja-over-Stock
Sponsored

Last edited:

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this vid WHs. I have to complete this vary job in a couple weeks. Should be interesting. Appreciate you removing some of the mystery.:)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sawzall also works if you don't want to drop the tank if just doing lowers. Was surprised their brake lines didn't let go. Looked to be stretched past what I would be comfortable with.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reusing the factory hardware is a no-go. They are single use parts and should be replaced. Those brake lines, YIKES!

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had my Metalcloak arms that I won at the round up and still have not installed because I didn't want to remove the entire tank. This is perfect timing. Thanks man!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reusing the factory hardware is a no-go. They are single use parts and should be replaced. Those brake lines, YIKES!
Banjo! I detatched the brakeline backets during my MetalCloak install, intalled the RC Relo bracket on the bottom. I found I didn't need the top bracket since my Radflos aren't long enough to need that bracket.

The hardest part of the project was that damn blue clip since I didn't know how to open it.

Ford Bronco Gas Tank Drop Mystery Solved | Upgraded Upper and Lower Trailing Arms 1690473890579
Sponsored