Sponsored

Get it writing, or switch to a dealer who will.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This sounds great, but it's not accurate. Many have been trying to move their orders for months without much luck. There has only been success moving a reservation without an order. There are whole threads on this.

Please don't believe everything Mr. Levine the marketing guy says...
Sponsored

PBar

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex & several convertibles before kids
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you asked to switch and they said “Yea, we’ll get back to you”?
Essentially, yes. Just make sure to call the number. I had previously tried to do it over the chat on the Ford website and some guy told me the dealer you ordered through had to process the change which is false

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting Ford to allow switching of dealers without question is the next best thing we can fight for if they won't bend the knee of their shitty allocation formula

OP
OP
RedDawg

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Myself and others have been trying to move our reservations (that have been converted to an order) since mid-October. I do not believe anyone has been successful.

Here is the thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/you-can-move-your-bronco-reservation-as-of-today.25636/
Are you and others trying to move it because your dealer won’t give you a price in writing, or trying to better your luck with the allocation lottery?
Just trying to clarify, because Levine’s message was specifically about pricing.

Sponsored

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand what to ask my dealer for if they order isn't in production....how can they give a price for something that isn't even built? And if I ask for whatever this pricing is, how do I make them comply or they might tell me what?

PBar

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex & several convertibles before kids
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never got to have a conversation with the dealer on pricing. I want to switch as I don't trust my original dealer for several reasons.

OP
OP
RedDawg

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't understand what to ask my dealer for if they order isn't in production....how can they give a price for something that isn't even built? And if I ask for whatever this pricing is, how do I make them comply or they might tell me what?
Ask them via email “Am I buying this Bronco at MSRP? Any additional markup or fees? If so what are those charges?”

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to give me dealer next week to reply, so far no response. Talking to Geweke Ford who is eager to do this, for MSRP.

OP
OP
RedDawg

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going to give me dealer next week to reply, so far no response. Talking to Geweke Ford who is eager to do this, for MSRP.
Let us know if it works. See if what Levine said is true or not.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let us know if it works. See if what Levine said is true or not.
We already know it's not. Guys have been trying since October when he first said it.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this true? My Bronco is NOT built yet(No build date) and is in the "ordering with dealer State" on the my orders part of the ford site.
I placed my order 10/13/2021 with my dealer and my reservation date was made on 8/9/2020. 2 door badlands squatch.
My dealer just told me my order is 30-40 orders away and I am in line. They get 10-15 broncos a month. I just asked for a signed purchase agreement, if no response I know some other dealers Walnut Creek, Auburn, Redwood CIty, Oroville, that will not charge me MSRP and sign the agreement. But If I can make the change without being pushed to 2023 i'd like to know.
The Ford Store Morgan Hill is where I picked mine up $1400.00 below MSRP. Worth the drive.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since we’ve been seeing more and more unscrupulous dealers adding excessive ADM’s at the time of delivery, get your price in writing NOW.
If your Bronco does not have a build date yet, talk to your dealer to get your final price in writing.
If they are unwilling to put an agreed final price in writing, find another dealer who will.
Once you find an honest dealer, and there are plenty of them, call customer service 800-392-3673 and tell them you need to move your order because Dealer X won’t put the final price in writing.
I’d think this approach will work better than the Google One Star Blitz, once the shady dealers start losing sales.
If they have a large allocation of Broncos I am not walking away.
Many dealers won't put it in a contract but will email or txt you their MSRP "policy". A txt or email is fine for me. I would not have done business with a dealer I felt I could not force to honor their commitment.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the OP is providing good advice. A co-signed sales contract is required. Anything less, and you are at the mercy of a (potentially) unscrupulous dealer.

I’ve purchased a few new autos in my 50 years. I don’t trust anything dealers say. Period. Just what’s written. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way. One of many benefits of this forum is the ability to identify unethical dealers to a large number of potential buyers. Since Fordhas decided to favor large volume dealers over individual consumers, we can look out for each other by posting our transaction experiences here. That can be worth thousands of dollars and an incredible amount of emotional trauma.

I suppose there are dealers out there who don’t provide sales contracts and still honor MSRP. And those dealers can be identified here from previous transaction experiences. To me, any dealer that refuses to commit on providing a co-signed sales agreement is looking to screw you until proven otherwise.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they have a large allocation of Broncos I am not walking away.
Many dealers won't put it in a contract but will email or txt you their MSRP "policy". A txt or email is fine for me. I would not have done business with a dealer I felt I could not force to honor their commitment.
I too have have multiple emails and texts stating MSRP, no ADM. In fact, when I specifically asked for a purchase agreement, they mentioned the emails/texts back and forth and their commitment to selling at MSRP. So I'm cool with that as well.
Sponsored