jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a perfectly good loaded outback lease with 20k on the ODO. I am so pumped to turn it in and purchase a 4 door sasquatch that....I am spending more on the down payment on the Bronco than the buy-out price of the subaru (and still taking on $500/mo payments for the balance of the bronco). That's how unwilling I am to keep it, even though it makes 10x more sense financially.

Dont get me wrong, the Outback is SUPER capable. 30+ mpgs, could drive over 6" of unplowed snow no problem. It really packs a ton of value. I remember my wife was driving in a flash nor-easter and passed by 100s of stuck SUVs on the side of the highway and made it home no problem....But the fun factor with the 2L CVT is non-existent, and the branding/image. IDK. I am very ready to say goodbye.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Resale tends to be pretty high on them. I'm looking for something to trade in on so I can get some camping in this summer since the Bronco is a year or so off still. I'm down to an Outback or Cherokee Trailhawk. Don't really want to spend Wrangler money if I'm flipping it in less than a year.
Before the Bronco release, I was between the Crosstrek and Cherokee Trailhawk. Both have higher clearance than the Base Bronco.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Subaru is the most practical car you can buy, if you encounter snow.

but life is short and a bronco should be way way more fun. I just saw the tease and immediately thought of all my new best friends here!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Click bait.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a perfectly good loaded outback lease with 20k on the ODO. I am so pumped to turn it in and purchase a 4 door sasquatch that....I am spending more on the down payment on the Bronco than the buy-out price of the subaru (and still taking on $500/mo payments for the balance of the bronco). That's how unwilling I am to keep it, even though it makes 10x more sense financially.

Dont get me wrong, the Outback is SUPER capable. 30+ mpgs, could drive over 6" of unplowed snow no problem. It really packs a ton of value. I remember my wife got stuck in a nor-easter and passed by 100s of stuck SUVs on the side of the highway and made it home no problem....But the fun factor with the 2L CVT is non-existent, and the branding/image. IDK. I am very ready to say goodbye.
I really think my ‘18 cvt 2.5 is pretty responsive. But I went into it expecting absolute tragedy from all the cvt horror stories sooo

Sponsored
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before the Bronco release, I was between the Crosstrek and Cherokee Trailhawk. Both have higher clearance than the Base Bronco.
What’s the base bronco? Coulda sworn someone here was comparing subie ground clearance to non sas, and then a couple people jumped to it being a sas comp.....

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really think my ‘18 cvt 2.5 is pretty responsive. But I went into it expecting absolute tragedy from all the cvt horror stories sooo
You think so? I find myself frequently flooring it to merge in tight spots and need to cross my fingers. But that's probably due to the traffic and roadway layouts in my neck of the woods. But you hear that engine whining at full throttle while you are inching ahead and it's fairly pathetic. lol. I think the 0-60 is mid 9s.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Seacat

Wildtrak