Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please elaborate. I haven't been on the forums in a bit. Is Granger still legit or going on the shit list?
Granger isn't charging ADM. The issue is that, at the rate Ford is sending them Broncos, it'll take into the second half of the decade before Granger's orders are all delivered.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger isn't charging ADM. The issue is that, at the rate Ford is sending them Broncos, it'll take into the second half of the decade before Granger's orders are all delivered.
Don’t sugar coat it lol, we’re wondering if F*** lets us keep our orders long enough if we can just be transitioned to the 7th gen.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please elaborate. I haven't been on the forums in a bit. Is Granger still legit or going on the shit list?
Granger is great as a dealership. They are transparent, straight shooters with great customer service. It's the Ford corporate office that is hamstringing this dealership and other small shops out there and it's customers with its voodoo math allocation garbage. I am a day 2 rez and they are telling me I won't get a whiff of my truck until likely 2023. At that point a whole lot of people will be driving Broncos. A lot of people who ordered well after me if they even had a rez at all. That is Ford Motor Company not honoring its reservation holders and there is no explanation that justifies doing that to me or others in my boat. None. So if you are "late" to the Bronco rez/order game I would order from Granger because you will get a great deal and you will sleep at night knowing they are not going to ambush you will any BS. They are 100/100 in my book.

It's my local dealers in northern IL that are garbage eating, chiselers. I think they are all secretly run by the Hutts. Sorry, a little Star Wars humor on a Sunday morning.

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking for a while that Illinois seemed underrepresented, compared to what I expected.
I would have expected more dealers in Illinois doing this shit too. Nothing confirmed yet, but it seems as though most, if not all, dealers in the Chicagoland area are honoring MSRP to orders. Had a sales rep at Rod Baker Ford (Plainfield, IL) tell me that Golf Mill Ford (Niles, IL) was marking up peoples orders although I talked to multiple sales reps at Golf Mill who said they were in fact selling at MSRP for orders. Like I said, not completely sure if any of this is true or if one dealer is throwing the other under the bus to try and get a sale

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
Did you get something from the dealership saying that you will only be paying MSRP with no ADM or other additional dealer fees? (like a signed contractor sales agreement) for your Bronco when you placed your order? unfortunately locked in can mean couple of different things here because of the way Ford is doing things with reservations/allocations and the fact that reservations are spanning model years. Unless you you were really specific the dealership is going to say locked in meant MSRP for 2021 vs 2022 vs 2023 model year price change, and not final sales price.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well...looks like I may have to figure out a plan B. Ford corporate was no help, Mike Levine messaged me a few times saying they were ‘working on it’ and then ghosted me, and the dealer won’t budge. I really hate to wish bad things on people, but if everyone at this dealership got genital warts the size of grapefruits, it wouldn’t make me sad...

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well...looks like I may have to figure out a plan B. Ford corporate was no help, Mike Levine messaged me a few times saying they were ‘working on it’ and then ghosted me, and the dealer won’t budge. I really hate to wish bad things on people, but if everyone at this dealership got genital warts the size of grapefruits, it wouldn’t make me sad...
So does that mean it is open season on 1 star reviews? Have they been warning this is coming?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that’s sad and frustrating to hear. Sorry, man. I hope you end up with a Bronco 😉

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does that mean it is open season on 1 star reviews? Have they been warning this is coming?
Yes. This is crap.

brncoil

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
To the poster who refers to Golf Mill Ford in Niles IL, I would avoid them like the plague. This week I was notified that they had several cancelled orders come in and would be selling for MSRP. I was surprised by this so asked for confirmation - twice - before making the trip to buy one for MSRP. I was assured that they do not add markups. But low and behold, when I arrived, I was informed there is no way they would sell for MSRP. The guys there were total jerks. Golf Mill Ford is to be avoided for sure.

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1* review left

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The saga continues! Mike Levine messaged me back, said that the dealer was unwilling to budge, but if I found one I wanted to work with, he would help get a new order expedited. I found a dealer that is charging msrp on customer orders, got a signed purchase agreement, and off we go again. Fingers crossed! Btw: if you’re in northern Illinois, Kunes Ford in Antioch is charging msrp on customer orders 👍👍
Sponsored