Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While Bronco buyers are still shopping around to try to get a dealer to sell for MSRP Jeep dealers are out there marking 38% off MSRP for Gladiators.

I think the low Gladiator sales numbers means it's unlikely Ford would make a Bronco truck variant. With no Gladiator sales to steal a Bonc-iator could only cannibalize Ranger / Maverick sales.
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats at 1 particular dealer only. It says CDJR is doing 10% which would be 5200 and the dealer themselves are discounting the rest. Its also a sport model which is pretty basic.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer in question raised it's pricing since the article was written. Not all buyers qualify for all of the rebates as well. Typical dealer doublespeak then distorted by the media..

Also to note, the Gladiator was just updated for 2024 so they are trying to blow out the leftover 2023's.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No matter how you look at it, that's a hell of a deal for a solid overland build foundation.

Not a fan of them, too long and strangely proportioned and, having had two 2-door JKs with the 3.6, I have to imagine that they're on the gutless side. If they had made a 2-door version with a 6.5' bed I'd have one now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer in question raised it's pricing since the article was written. Not all buyers qualify for all of the rebates as well. Typical dealer doublespeak then distorted by the media..

Also to note, the Gladiator was just updated for 2024 so they are trying to blow out the leftover 2023's.
Reminds me of pre covid when Honda would advertise new civics and accords for like 99 or 149 a month.. Go in and find out its the most stripped down basic version, they only have 1 available, and its conventiently sold or pending sale. The ole bait and switch tactic.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
52500 for a gladiator sport....ouch. I can't see them selling for that. Things have gotten out of hand. Yeah they will need lots of rebates to sell at that price.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

52500 for a gladiator sport....ouch. I can't see them selling for that. Things have gotten out of hand. Yeah they will need lots of rebates to sell at that price.
They are all out of hand. I new loaded Wildtrak is pushing $70k without the ADM. Ram TRX base price has jumped over $25k since the 2021 launch. F250, Silverado HD, Ram 2500, $90k+ for a truck? Just wait if the strike settles to see how much worse it gets. And if the big 3 are getting the $$ you can sure bet the others are not going to lower their prices.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While Bronco buyers are still shopping around to try to get a dealer to sell for MSRP Jeep dealers are out there marking 38% off MSRP for Gladiators.

I think the low Gladiator sales numbers means it's unlikely Ford would make a Bronco truck variant. With no Gladiator sales to steal a Bonc-iator could only cannibalize Ranger / Maverick sales.
Just saying, why would anyone want a Bronco truck? Get a Ranger, It is exactly that. or a Raptor if you want. Never understood the Gladiator. They just look odd.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just saying, why would anyone want a Bronco truck? Get a Ranger, It is exactly that. or a Raptor if you want. Never understood the Gladiator. They just look odd.
yup since the Ranger Tremor package, the Gladiator Sport is DOA.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Gladiator top comes off unlike any other pickup so it fills a niche market. Lots of them around here and the people love them.

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Gladiator top comes off unlike any other pickup so it fills a niche market. Lots of them around here and the people love them.
This is true but the demand has been met. It’s a niche vehicle version of what is arguable a nice vehicle to begin with. There’s a limited audience baked in, it’s never going to be a volume seller at all.

2024 upgrade coming exacerbates, right now the overarching fundamental fact that, for the most part, everyone who wants a gladiator, has one. And at $50k plus for a sport before mods, purchasers are still paying the payments on their first overpriced purchase.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The local Jeep dealer right across the street from my Ford dealer has a TON of Gladiators on the lot all selling below MSRP, and most have sat there for months with very little movement. (Although I did notice that the three diesel Gladiators all disappeared suddenly last week, not sure why.)
The diesel used in the Jeeps and Ram is going away after 2023. So probably combined with the discounts, people jumped on them since they are the last of the breed. There was to be a send off Gladiator Rubicon Far Out Edition limited to 1000 units with ordering through Sept and deliveries to follow but with the strike, that may never happen.

2024 brings the 4XE to the Gladiator.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, that explains it.

Part of me is wondering why you'd put a plug-in hybrid in a pickup that is most popular with the overlanding/long-distance travel crowd. BUT... the one thing my local dealer cannot keep on the lot is 4xe products. Those Wrangler 4xe's sell like crazy locally. So... pretty sure I just don't understand the market.
My neighbor has a 4XE Rubicon Wrangler. I think hybrid is the way to go currently (if looking at EVs) but can't see how only 25 miles or so is worth the investment vs the complexities involved. It's even less mileage when cold or hot out due to the way the battery pack has to be heated or cooled. Seems to work for them though running the kids back and forth to school activities being only 4 miles away. Seems more like a novelty to me though.
Sponsored