Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP 20220117_144800 (1)

Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP 20220609_183019 (1)

As someone else said, the Gladiator only looks good after $20k of mods. I dumped around $18k into mine.

Resale value was strong when I sold it last year though...

I replaced the Gladiator with the Ranger, which is just a completely different vehicle.

The Gladiator is a Wrangler with a pickup bed slapped on the back. Good, bad, and ugly.

It doesn't do truck stuff well, but it is a great platform for an Overlander.

The Ranger is just a great mid-size truck.

One thing to note, all Gladiators get Dana 44s front and rear. The Max Tow, Rubicon, and Mojave get beefier D44s.

Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP 1695688950337

$33k is a great starting point for a solid overlanding rig.

Suspension: $2-5k
Wheels tires: $1500-3k
Lockers $3k installed?

So not bad!
Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the gladiator wasn't so god awful ugly looking that would be an interesting price

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is true but the demand has been met. It’s a niche vehicle version of what is arguable a nice vehicle to begin with. There’s a limited audience baked in, it’s never going to be a volume seller at all.

2024 upgrade coming exacerbates, right now the overarching fundamental fact that, for the most part, everyone who wants a gladiator, has one. And at $50k plus for a sport before mods, purchasers are still paying the payments on their first overpriced purchase.
$50k is nothing compared to the upcoming Ineos Quartermaster which as a 4 door pickup will run $65k-$75k based on Grenadier pricing and they will sell every one they build.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As someone else said, the Gladiator only looks good after $20k of mods. I dumped around $18k into mine.

Resale value was strong when I sold it last year though...

I replaced the Gladiator with the Ranger, which is just a completely different vehicle.

The Gladiator is a Wrangler with a pickup bed slapped on the back. Good, bad, and ugly.

It doesn't do truck stuff well, but it is a great platform for an Overlander.

The Ranger is just a great mid-size truck.

One thing to note, all Gladiators get Dana 44s front and rear. The Max Tow, Rubicon, and Mojave get beefier D44s.

$33k is a great starting point for a solid overlanding rig.

Suspension: $2-5k
Wheels tires: $1500-3k
Lockers $3k installed?

So not bad!
Wow. Before scrolling down thought your 18k of mods to pic one gave you pic two.

Seriously though your Ranger looks too pretty to offroad

Rocks

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Mach e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only real reason to buy a 4xe is that the 4xe has better acceleration with the electric motor. The instant torque on makes the vehicle move. 0-60 in 5.5s for a 4dr wrangler. The promotional materials say it helps the jeep achieve 49 mpg equivalent, but you have to be careful about when you plug in. Depending on your area, you could be increasing your peak demand- charge uses. No point in saving energy to spend more $.

If you aren't powering your electric car through your own solar panels, (including overlanding setup) unless you're near a nuke plant, you're probably burning more fossil fuels through coal or natural gas power inefficiency and transmission line loss than burning gasoline.
Other "only reason" is the $7,500 tax credit. Takes bit of the sting out of purchase price. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had four Fords in a row. Never had any warranty work done on any of them. No repairs other than a screw in a ko2. I would never own a jeep, period.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quite possibly the ugliest Jeep product ever produced in the history of the company.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Gladiator top comes off unlike any other pickup so it fills a niche market. Lots of them around here and the people love them.
I have never seen a Gladiator with it's top off, and there are several of them in my area.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had four Fords in a row. Never had any warranty work done on any of them. No repairs other than a screw in a ko2. I would never own a jeep, period.
Tell that to my '19 F150, which had been in the shop three times in its first 20K miles...

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never seen a Gladiator with it's top off, and there are several of them in my area.
The neighbor takes his off all the time. Point being, people compare the Gladiator to other pickups is like comparing a Bronco to an Explorer.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

While Bronco buyers are still shopping around to try to get a dealer to sell for MSRP Jeep dealers are out there marking 38% off MSRP for Gladiators.

I think the low Gladiator sales numbers means it's unlikely Ford would make a Bronco truck variant. With no Gladiator sales to steal a Bonc-iator could only cannibalize Ranger / Maverick sales.
Ain't a Jeep and Ain't a truck. I think they are really fugly.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hideous unless you put $40k worth of stuff on them.
Yep, the made a jeep with tacoma problems off road. The longer wheelbase makes them ride a little better than the wrangler, but the long wheelbase and rear overhang makes them not great offroad unless you put a huge lift and big tires on them. Add to that they're not really any more practical than a tacoma/ranger/colorado/frontier and you get slow sales. fwiw, gladiator sales have been slow since the initial novelty wore off when they came out.
Sponsored