Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

CDJR raised their prices across the board and decided to become a luxury manufacturer in a sense. There are all kinds of articles and videos showing growing inventory of Gladiator, Jeeps, Rams , Challengers and chargers sitting.... higher interest rates are killing the market slowly as well.

The Strike, depending upon how long it goes on may mask some of this delaying the arriving glut of inventory ..... but its still a downhill projector y.
Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, that explains it.

Part of me is wondering why you'd put a plug-in hybrid in a pickup that is most popular with the overlanding/long-distance travel crowd. BUT... the one thing my local dealer cannot keep on the lot is 4xe products. Those Wrangler 4xe's sell like crazy locally. So... pretty sure I just don't understand the market.
The only real reason to buy a 4xe is that the 4xe has better acceleration with the electric motor. The instant torque on makes the vehicle move. 0-60 in 5.5s for a 4dr wrangler. The promotional materials say it helps the jeep achieve 49 mpg equivalent, but you have to be careful about when you plug in. Depending on your area, you could be increasing your peak demand- charge uses. No point in saving energy to spend more $.

If you aren't powering your electric car through your own solar panels, (including overlanding setup) unless you're near a nuke plant, you're probably burning more fossil fuels through coal or natural gas power inefficiency and transmission line loss than burning gasoline.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CDJR raised their prices across the board and decided to become a luxury manufacturer in a sense. There are all kinds of articles and videos showing growing inventory of Gladiator, Jeeps, Rams , Challengers and chargers sitting.... higher interest rates are killing the market slowly as well.

The Strike, depending upon how long it goes on may mask some of this delaying the arriving glut of inventory ..... but its still a downhill projector y.
TBH, Ford has done the same thing. They got rid of models like the Base to concentrate on Luxury models which get more moneys. Same with their trucks. You just don't notice it as much "yet" due to all the production issues they have been having since the chip shortage and launch fiasco.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test driving with my wife a couple days ago the discounted Rubicon is still over priced after $12k off $64k MSRP.
My wife stated it had no power. 3.6 VVT engine does not get it done even with my wife's Little Old Lady from Pasedena style of driving! That's bad.
Some charm and utility about the Gladiator otherwise. I have quality concerns.
We have a heritage coming for her, build date 10-2...wait... 10-9...oh ah...10-12...(sorry can't back peddle fast enough.) Anyway, she thinks it ain't coming and a friend has one she loves so we have been exploring adventure vehilce options for her.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ain't gonna lie, I used to like them and planned on getting one. THen I drove my wifes Wrangler. No thanks!

Sponsored

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
TBH, Ford has done the same thing. They got rid of models like the Base to concentrate on Luxury models which get more moneys. Same with their trucks. You just don't notice it as much "yet" due to all the production issues they have been having since the chip shortage and launch fiasco.
We need to bring back cheap cars. I really don't know who is buying 90k trucks or 65k Broncos. Fed is trying to tighten markets and it won't end well.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I should have moved on that local below invoice situation back in fall of '21 where I could have driven off the lot in a Mojave Gladi for @44K total cost. It was immensely tempting.
I guess same to be said about going BaseSquatch on a 2nd res. back when internally I knew it was the best $ decision.
Times change I reckon.
Similar to people posting up here a few weeks back about their build vs. what a '24 would cost for the same build.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just saying, why would anyone want a Bronco truck? Get a Ranger, It is exactly that. or a Raptor if you want. Never understood the Gladiator. They just look odd.
Because Bronco has a stick shift - Ranger does not.

Also we want a 2-door Bronco Pickup. Ranger only comes in 4-door which makes it feel cramped inside.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only real reason to buy a 4xe is that the 4xe has better acceleration with the electric motor. The instant torque on makes the vehicle move. 0-60 in 5.5s for a 4dr wrangler. The promotional materials say it helps the jeep achieve 49 mpg equivalent, but you have to be careful about when you plug in. Depending on your area, you could be increasing your peak demand- charge uses. No point in saving energy to spend more $.

If you aren't powering your electric car through your own solar panels, (including overlanding setup) unless you're near a nuke plant, you're probably burning more fossil fuels through coal or natural gas power inefficiency and transmission line loss than burning gasoline.
One of the guys at work has a 4xe Wrangler. He lives 12 miles from work, and can go from home to work and back with about 25% charge left over. So, he only burns gas on weekends.

I think our overnight power is around 4.5 cents. And yeah, we have the largest nuclear plant in the country.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because Bronco has a stick shift - Ranger does not.

Also we want a 2-door Bronco Pickup. Ranger only comes in 4-door which makes it feel cramped inside.
I went from a PU to a Bronco..I love the Branco but I miss the PU for its utility. I good convertible short bed PU bronco would be in my garage in a second.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saying, why would anyone want a Bronco truck? Get a Ranger, It is exactly that. or a Raptor if you want. Never understood the Gladiator. They just look odd.
I have a 1983 ranger single cab short bed. I think it looks the best and if one was available, I would be all over it. But I’m also in the “Broncos are two doors“ camp.
Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP IMG_8820

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealers have gladiators starting at $40k