Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bold statement right there, have you seen Jeep/AMC products 😂
yes...owned many of them over the past 47 years of driving.
Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising... A local dealer here in Scottsdale has 128 new Gladiators and 63 Wranglers on their website and their lot is packed with them. Another local dealer has 63 Gladiators and another has 55 Gladiators. Lots to choose from for someone wanting a Gladiator!

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer near me has 34 Gladiators. 8 are Sports marked down to $42k, and 26 of them are Rubicons marked down to $52-53k.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, the made a jeep with tacoma problems off road. The longer wheelbase makes them ride a little better than the wrangler, but the long wheelbase and rear overhang makes them not great offroad unless you put a huge lift and big tires on them. Add to that they're not really any more practical than a tacoma/ranger/colorado/frontier and you get slow sales. fwiw, gladiator sales have been slow since the initial novelty wore off when they came out.
Yep can't take them anywhere LOL
Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP Bat BH1.JPEG
Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP Bat BH2.JPEG

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, that explains it.

Part of me is wondering why you'd put a plug-in hybrid in a pickup that is most popular with the overlanding/long-distance travel crowd. BUT... the one thing my local dealer cannot keep on the lot is 4xe products. Those Wrangler 4xe's sell like crazy locally. So... pretty sure I just don't understand the market.
Same thing where I live. It doesn’t feel like an exaggeration to say that half the 4-door Wranglers I see around my neighborhood are 4xe. This seemed to happen overnight.

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Gladiator always reminds me of one of these:

Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP 1695813911619

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before the Bronco was announced I was test driving gladiators. The diesel was amazing to drive. That extra weight just made it solid and the torque..omg!

But I couldn't get past the price tag (This was back in 2020).

I agree, a stock Gladiator is ugly. But the moment you put 35/37s they completely change.

Things can change between now and then, but right now my next vehicle after this Bronco will most likely be a Gladiator (or if not a Wrangler).

Flat towable, alternator where it should be, Steering that is stong.

However, the Diesel is out...they have had alot of issues with those, especially with overheating when towing which is ridiculous.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before the Bronco was announced I was test driving gladiators. The diesel was amazing to drive. That extra weight just made it solid and the torque..omg!

But I couldn't get past the price tag (This was back in 2020).

I agree, a stock Gladiator is ugly. But the moment you put 35/37s they completely change.

Things can change between now and then, but right now my next vehicle after this Bronco will most likely be a Gladiator (or if not a Wrangler).

Flat towable, alternator where it should be, Steering that is stong.

However, the Diesel is out...they have had alot of issues with those, especially with overheating when towing which is ridiculous.
Same.
Looking for my "more user-friendly and still capable" O.L. rig.
Right now the plan is to use the Moardoor Bronco, which has proven to be supremely capable.
However the appeal of a bed for to store items (some dirty after days of adventures) and easier outfitting of an RTT (if we ever drink the kool-aid and go that route) make the Gladi something that always sits in the back of my brain.
Reignited when I see a well-done one with the right setup and gear.

I think when the time comes (Bronco should be paid off in about 2 years) the largest decision will be to go with the Factory-capable Rubi or go a lower trim and do my own upgrades.
Prior to acknowledging in my mind that the Base Bronco is (was...may it RIP) the value leader in comparo, I always thought the Rubi was the way to go from the get-go.
I like the Mojave looks and Fox setup better, but the Rubi gives you more goodies not aimed toward baja, which is not on the O.L. agenda for when I am "older" folks.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the 2.7L the alternator is mounted very low on the engine. Impacts water fording in a big way. And to make matters worse, it is driven by a belt that doesn't have a tensioner on it, so field repairs become much more difficult.

The alternator is a lot higher on the engine on the 2.3L (which is why I suspect the Everglades is 2.3L only), but it's still lower than you'd ideally want it for an offroad vehicle.
The alternator on the 2.3 is at the bottom of the engine, well below the safe fording depth of a regular Bronco, so I can't fathom why it would matter with the Everglades. Submerged is submerged rather being 4 inches or 6 inches.

Ford Bronco Gladiator gets $20k off of MSRP alt 2 (1)

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes you are correct, hence why I said both the 2.3L and 2.7L alternators are not in the ideal spot for off-road vehicles. But it is still physically higher off the ground on the 2.3L than the 2.7L by several inches. They have it mounted slightly below the crankshaft on the 2.7L. Basically in-line with the lowest part of the engine.

For Everglades I can't say for certain obviously, haven't talked to the engineers. My two best guesses are either the alternator location or the added weight of the winch (or maybe both?). But admittedly speculation on my part either way.
Since the alternator on the Everglades would be completed submerged while at the it's safe fording depth, I have a tendency to believe that it's just the same false information repeated over and over again. The manual transmission weighs less than the auto, I guess it's more prone to water damage, and that's the reason Ford doesn't offer it in the Everglades.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at the Gladiators about a week or so ago. Was only considering a Rubi. Found numerous Rubi Gladiators with discounts $14-17k off. My own searches never revealed $20k but that is still an amazing price cut.

Wife was pushing for a Wrangler instead. Looked at those too. The deals weren’t as sweet but found numerous Rubi’s at $4-5k off. Had a few unicorns around $8k off. That blew my mind. I had to drive to KC and use a buddy’s F&F discount code to save a few thousand on my old TJ. Local dealers were not budging off sticker and this way before COVID. Wranglers traditionally get small or no discounts.

Of course, we drove a Bronco and it’s roomy and more powerful and hits the sweet spot in so many ways. Plus we prefer to burn money, lol. Fighting tooth and nail to get MSRP and no ADM.
Sponsored