Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And boy did they f*ck it up. Helluva fall. Never a Chevy fan but the old Blazers were pretty cool. This one looks just like a buddy of mines back in day.
Had a 78 like that with 35's and lockers in high school, then I traded it off for a 71 similarly equipped but with a roll cage and a lot more power. Still have the 71, the first gen blazers were the best of them all, hands down.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Per https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/g...c-bronco-rival-wagon-and-small-hummer-pickup/

GM Considering Electric Bronco Rival, Wagon, And Small Hummer Pickup

"Even more excitingly, there was also a small boxy SUV described as a likely competitor to the Bronco and Defender that is electric, meaning it would likely find competition in the form of the upcoming International Scout."

While GM didn't provide nor allow journalists to take any pictures [of the clay models], we took the liberty of creating renderings.

Ford Bronco GM Considering an Electric Bronco Rival 03B0513F-89B1-464A-A3ED-AFB608511DEB
gm just needs to give up. They had so many opportunities to make something worth while and failed everytime, ie. hummer, blazer.

let’s just hope that VW builds the Scout right and gives Jeep and Ford some real competition

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The hood will buckle in the middle,the paint will fall off in splotches, doors and bed will rust clean thru, electric windows will fall and break in doors,v8 engine will get 8 mpg and overheat frequently and die an early death,whole dash will be made of red or blue plastic that turns to powder in a year,but it will be awesome and it will be called the heritage edition.

Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Per https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/g...c-bronco-rival-wagon-and-small-hummer-pickup/

GM Considering Electric Bronco Rival, Wagon, And Small Hummer Pickup

"Even more excitingly, there was also a small boxy SUV described as a likely competitor to the Bronco and Defender that is electric, meaning it would likely find competition in the form of the upcoming International Scout."

While GM didn't provide nor allow journalists to take any pictures [of the clay models], we took the liberty of creating renderings.

Ford Bronco GM Considering an Electric Bronco Rival 03B0513F-89B1-464A-A3ED-AFB608511DEB
If TFL Off Road and the issues they have had with the E Hummer are any indication, I don't think GM is even ready for an exhibition let alone competition with the Bronco🙃

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spy camera shot of GM’s design center showcase room in Warren, Michigan
gelatin-excrement-sculptures-1.jpg
I think they hired the same "artist" who did that modern um..."sculpture" that Boston bought 💩
Ford Bronco GM Considering an Electric Bronco Rival 1674877997689

I think GM's going after the virtue-signaling soi-boi market.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And boy did they f*ck it up. Helluva fall. Never a Chevy fan but the old Blazers were pretty cool. This one looks just like a buddy of mines back in day.
Handsome. Attracts genuine respect.

Brumby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Blazer haters, try an AWD RS. They went for a Camaro theme but its way better. Plus they all have hardtops and those with sunroofs don't leak or fall apart.

I've had a couple Camaros in their current form and that is the car to get frustrated about. The Blazer is a more useful version of it. It's not going after the same market as the Bronco and it does a pretty good job distinguishing itself from other mid-sized SUV's.

If you want to talk about a vehicle that dragged down the Blazer name look at the S10 Blazer and the 95 Blazer that followed that.

The mindset that a Blazer or Maverick has to fit 70's or 80's consumer expectations 40 or 50 years later is interesting. That none of these vehicles fly like on the Jetsons and Back to the Future is what really let me down.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OR... hear me out... they could just unf*ck the Blazer.
You would think that a K-5 and Ramcharger would be in the works. Plenty of demand for Wranglers and Broncos.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If TFL Off Road and the issues they have had with the E Hummer are any indication, I don't think GM is even ready for an exhibition let alone competition with the Bronco🙃
The EV Hummer never should have been a commercial product. At best its a rich man's toy. Too big, too ugly, too long to charge for any practical use. I looked at the Hummer H3 back in 2006. Well designed and proportioned inside and out. GM should start there and offer a hybrid version in addition to ICE. If the vehicle does well, then introduce an all-electric in its first refresh.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I have the unpopular opinion here. I like additional competition, just as the 6g Bronco helped push to Jeep to improve this would likely have same benefit. I'm not loyal to brands, just great vehicles.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I have the unpopular opinion here. I like additional competition, just as the 6g Bronco helped push to Jeep to improve this would likely have same benefit. I'm not loyal to brands, just great vehicles.
I think most of us want competition. To be serious competition, other OEMs will need to target what Jeep and Ford owners value in their vehicles. I think most of us like a body on frame design, boxy looks, modular design, technical offroad capabilites, ability to go topless. Relative ease in suspension and wheel/tire upgrades.

I would cheer a K-5 Blazer built on the Colorado/ Canyon platform. In many respects, that's what the Hummer H3 was. Like the Toyota FJ Cruiser, the H3 was a casualty of the Great Recessesion and high fuel prices. GM tried to sell the Hummer brand at that point to a Chinese company.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having driven EV and ICE cars for a long time, EV is a much better driving experience.
I love all my ICE cars. 2.7 in Bronco is the lowest HP vehicle I have, besides Flex 3.5 turbo the rest are LS or Hemis. However after driving my Rivian over the last month, EV is the way. Except for the 10% time I want old school muscle car feel. Truly amazing how linear and fast EV is with no effort, while being equivalent of about 50+mpg correlated to gas. With 300+ range For 90% of my use, trips under 200 miles, so nice to be "gassed" up from garage. Yes, long trips are still an issue, for next 2 years, but will use ICE for those until networks are developed.
Sponsored