Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They've said/offered soft top version so I suspect due to quick release option ($200) you WILL have to rotate rack up/back to retract your soft top, then once full open, reattach quick release in the front and you're set. NO rack could allow soft top retraction unless the rack sat above roof line by a HUGE amount and you'd not want that ugly rack.
Excuse my ignorance with this but can the front 3 roof panels be removed without lifting the rack? To me that would be a nice benefit with the quick release. Obviously back section of MIC roof wouldn't come out easily with the rack tilted up.

I like the look but probably overkill for my use. Not sure.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, early adopters please order and workout all the kinks :) I've decided that I live in San Diego, probably the best place in the USA to run a soft top year round. I'm going to run two summers before I decide to address switching into a hard top, and then a rack. As of now, only my daughter comes with me on trips and the Bronco is packed but sufficient enough space-wise.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mounting for the towers are underneath not on the bumper, as all of our racks are non-drilling required!

The previous roller Image I shared was our Badlands Sasquatch package!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, early adopters please order and workout all the kinks :) I've decided that I live in San Diego, probably the best place in the USA to run a soft top year round. I'm going to run two summers before I decide to address switching into a hard top, and then a rack. As of now, only my daughter comes with me on trips and the Bronco is packed but sufficient enough space-wise.
My main purpose/usage of a rack is for a Roof Top Tent like I had on my 4Runner. The rack has many purposes and of course an individual choice but on trips/excursions you can get all the large/dirty stuff outta the vehicle. Another cool function is to climb on top, place a chair and hang out, view stuff, take pics from 8ft up :)

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pre-ordered this morning - can’t wait to get this on my Bronco!

Sponsored

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mounting for the towers are underneath not on the bumper, as all of our racks are non-drilling required!

The previous roller Image I shared was our Badlands Sasquatch package!
Do you have an overall vehicle height for the Badlands w/ Sas package and stealth rack?

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered one, looks great. Being a soft top owner I'd love to see a pic with the top down and/or removed. Cant wait to get some more pictures and details. Im guessing we will be waiting a while, but I think it will be worth the wait.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have an overall vehicle height for the Badlands w/ Sas package and stealth rack?
add 8" to top of whatever your rig height is for clearance to garage openings, etc. Everyone will have slightly different vehicle heights due to tires and lift. Sasquatch tires are only 33.4" but true 35s like Toyo or Nitro or BFG are closer to a full 35". If you have a perch lift on SAS that'll add 3" and so on. So safe to just add 8" to whatever you have. I understand if you don't have a vehicle like me yet, so scrounge around for people quoting heights might be good idea but GOBI used a SAS so maybe they could share as well??

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really wanting to love this thing but it's too chunky for me. I don't like how it attaches at all with all the bars coming down in the rear. Also rides too high above the roof. I understand from an engineering standpoint these things are required. But aesthetically it's not clean at all. I absolutely love how low pro and trim the 4runner Gobi racks are in and in my mind that's what I was hoping for. Hope some other cleaner options come out from other places.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking forward to pics with the soft top, and as I expect to be putting the soft top up and down often (330 days of Sun per year in AZ) it would be incredible if you could get a video up demonstrating removing the Bronco soft top with the Gobi rack swinging up.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really wanting to love this thing but it's too chunky for me. I don't like how it attaches at all with all the bars coming down in the rear. Also rides too high above the roof. I understand from an engineering standpoint these things are required. But aesthetically it's not clean at all. I absolutely love how low pro and trim the 4runner Gobi racks are in and in my mind that's what I was hoping for. Hope some other cleaner options come out from other places.
The GOBI rack has that "safari" type look, so if that is not what you want then Gobi probably not your choice.

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lead times are not geared to the Bronco

The lead time or checkout info in general GOBI and not Bronco! Unfortunately thats a global setting released for all orders that we are working on switching over!
Is not being geared toward the Bronco a good thing or bad thing? Are we looking at shorter or longer lead times? And will we know if we made the first 100 orders (for some of the free addons) when we receive the call from a Gobi rep to go over the order?

Thanks! Even more excited to get this thing!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screenshots from GOBI website

GOBI Bronco 6.jpg

GOBI Bronco 7.jpg

GOBI Bronco 8.jpg

GOBI Bronco 9.jpg

GOBI Bronco 10.jpg

GOBI Bronco 11.jpg

GOBI Bronco 12.jpg

GOBI Bronco 13.jpg

GOBI Bronco 14.jpg

GOBI Bronco 15.jpg

GOBI Bronco 16.jpg
Man, I really liked the Gobi for the 4Runner and it was high on my wishlist when I had one. And I really want to like this, but all those rubber stoppers rubbing on my paint is kind of a killer. I'd hate to take the rack off and have huge round scratches where the bumpers were. Ouch.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I really liked the Gobi for the 4Runner and it was high on my wishlist when I had one. And I really want to like this, but all those rubber stoppers rubbing on my paint is kind of a killer. I'd hate to take the rack off and have huge round scratches where the bumpers were. Ouch.
Put waterproof soft pad on rubber pad. If tight enough should stay clean and no grit scratches but looking at pic again the tightening rubber foot is pressing against a Gobi bracket

GOBI Bronco 17.jpg
Sponsored