Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actualy like the new latter design on the sides.. thats the version I would choose.. :)
Definitely cleaner design and maybe a little safer as your first step will be tire, but then again will be a higher first step too.
Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a full photo of the ladder on side! You could put up to fours ladders on your Bronco if you so desire! The tabs on the top bar of the tower are there for when someone decides to switch from soft top to hard top and vise versa. It allows to the upper isolators on the hard top!

DSC08049@0.5x.jpg
For those of us that have already gotten in line for our rack, how do we select this version of the ladder? @GOBI Racks ?

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely cleaner design and maybe a little safer as your first step will be tire, but then again will be a higher first step too.
I think either way, your going to need a step ladder to get to the first rung of this ladder...

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think either way, your going to need a step ladder to get to the first rung of this ladder...
hmmmmm...I think you stretch to step on tire then pull yourself up. On my 4Runner I always stepped on bumper first then pulled myself up. I would not want to carry a step stool w me unless it had additional benefits on the trail

Rear.jpg

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us that have already gotten in line for our rack, how do we select this version of the ladder? @GOBI Racks ?
I will be setting up an email for those whom have ordered and we can change the ladder setup!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will not need a step stool! You can hold on to the tower or ladder then pull yourself up! Its about the same step up as the normal ladders!

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actualy like the new latter design on the sides.. thats the version I would choose.. :)
I think the side ladder works better for tents like the SuperLite. I was trying to figure out how to get around the corner of the tent with the corner ladder.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the side ladder works better for tents like the SuperLite. I was trying to figure out how to get around the corner of the tent with the corner ladder.
show us a pic of what you mean.

deathadder

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks So the ones who preordered with soft top, do we have to choose the side ladders? I actually like the ladder behind but from your statement about soft too functionality. If I don’t change the ladders, does that mean I won’t be able to put the soft top all the way back unless I get the side ladders? Thanks for posting the pics

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
show us a pic of what you mean.
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 1651530615049

The access is either in the back or the sides. Climbing a corner ladder would put you face to face with the corner of the tent. Climbing the side ladder should give better access to the side entrances.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks

Great.... how noisy is it?

Can you put the roof into the first position without adjusting the rack? Any chance you can share a pic of that?

Not knowing if that'll work is the only reason I haven't tried to order yet.

This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!
The noise is very minimal, especially for it being a soft top! We put mini wind deflectors on top of the rack to also help deplete any extra noise!
Unfortunately, the soft top open is so tall that the rack would have to be at least six inches wider and another 4-6 taller (really impeding use of garages and making the car more top heaver especially if you put a tent on top)

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 1651530615049

The access is either in the back or the sides. Climbing a corner ladder would put you face to face with the corner of the tent. Climbing the side ladder should give better access to the side entrances.
Ok. I didn’t realize the side entrance

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Matching design taillight guards would be both attractive and functional with the corner ladder - I can see those lights taking hits from climbers

CBF1AD40-E4EE-47AB-BCCA-B6435A0D2D44.jpeg

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a full photo of the ladder on side! You could put up to fours ladders on your Bronco if you so desire! The tabs on the top bar of the tower are there for when someone decides to switch from soft top to hard top and vise versa. It allows to the upper isolators on the hard top!

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] CBF1AD40-E4EE-47AB-BCCA-B6435A0D2D44
Can you please show how close ladder is to window surface and if shoes might hit window when climbing up?

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GrumpyVet are you gonna consider this new design or you're happy with corner ladder location/access?

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] CBF1AD40-E4EE-47AB-BCCA-B6435A0D2D44
Side ladder looks cool. Could possibly be useful for additional attachment points but corner ladder is more functional for intended purpose plus I’m hoping to one day replace the rear side glass for a side storage solution. So I’ll stick with the corners. Side note - the middle roof panel fits great on top of the rack. I used 3/4 pipe insulation to protect rack and panel this weekend and was able to fit all my camp gear in the back.
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 3AF15F6B-CB92-43AC-BF0A-91CF2F4B25FF
Sponsored