Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In all seriousness. Who are you?

Okay, seriousness aside, you should make a thread announcing your departure and also have it be your intro to the forum.

Godspeed, you magnificent Bastard (assumption here, no clue who you are).
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aside from the Toyota reliability, I'd have a tough time plopping down cash on a 4-Runner, Tacoma, or Tundra until the redesigns come out. They are overdue for updated transmissions, engines, and interiors. Great resale though. Enjoy your new truck!
The engine and transmission on 4Runner are bulletproof. I’d take that reliability over most things that are out there. If they kept the same engine and went to an upgraded 7 speed or higher auto, most 4Runner owners that off-road would be over the top for it. Unfortunately I think Toyota is going with a smaller engine with forced induction, which will be a tough pill to swallow for any 4Runner owner....Myself included....2019 4Runner TRD Off-road Premuim.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who used to weigh 360 and now weighs 190 you can fuck right off with the weight comments. It was very narrow. And my comment was more on height than anything. I was very close to touching the roof and I had to lean down a bit to see below the top of the windshield cowl. Reminded me of my Miata actually. At 6'6", you're possibly in trouble.

You continue calling it a turd pro so your bias is showing....and so far I'm the only one who has presented facts because you haven't sat in one yet 🤷‍♂️
I'm thinking the seat was raised to the maximum height. I'm taller than you and had zero concerns about height. I coulda held a couple of pizza boxes on my head. 😄 If you're 5'1"/190, there shouldn't be any issues with fit. The truck was literally designed for your size (and a lot larger in mind). Maybe when a dealer has a demo unit, circle back and spend some time adjusting the seats.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until the latest generation the Tacoma was made and assembled in the US, since 1995. And some of the latest gen are built in the US but some in Mexico.

And Toyota has over 1.5x the number of US employees that Ford does but keep thinking 'buying american' matters.

Ford Bronco Good bye bronco 1623430302894

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone is going to be jelly belly once they see a Bronco roll by them in their obsolete truck from the 90s :)

Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I currently have the TRD off road. It’s nice, but probably my second or third choice, obviously behind the Bronco. It only has 15 k miles and had to have the serpentine belt replaced. Seemed a little weak to me. I also can hardly ever get the thing to connect to my phone without choosing my phone, and /or going into Bluetooth settings on my phone. I know this is a little thing, but totally frustrating. I agree about it being a bit of a slug, but I guess you can fix that. I also can’t get the seat adjusted quite right or something. The visibility seems weird and it feels bigger than it is when I’m driving it if that makes sense. Anyway, I guess I’m just burning time writing on the forum while waiting to get a build date for my Bronco. Good luck with the 🌮.

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dumb.

Toyota makes great commuter cars, but Tacomas and Tundras are lame. Get a Raptor.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until the latest generation the Tacoma was made and assembled in the US, since 1995. And some of the latest gen are built in the US but some in Mexico.

And Toyota has over 1.5x the number of US employees that Ford does but keep thinking 'buying american' matters.

Ford Bronco Good bye bronco 1623430302894
Toyota includes direct and indirect employees in their numbers.

According to Cars.com, the “Big Three” employs far more Americans than any other automaker in the U.S. does. However, Toyota is still a massive employer of Americans as about 30,000 Americans are employed by Toyota. This puts Toyota within range of Fiat-Chrysler's number of American employees.Feb 14, 2020

But it is great that they build a ton of cars here.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who used to weigh 360 and now weighs 190 you can fuck right off with the weight comments. It was very narrow. And my comment was more on height than anything. I was very close to touching the roof and I had to lean down a bit to see below the top of the windshield cowl. Reminded me of my Miata actually. At 6'6", you're possibly in trouble.

You continue calling it a turd pro so your bias is showing....and so far I'm the only one who has presented facts because you haven't sat in one yet 🤷‍♂️
Everyone has a different body type, and I guess a different definition of "cramped". I was surprised at your comment as well as I am 6'2, 210, and have short legs (so tall torso). When I sat in the Bronco (4dr), I was also very much looking at shoulder room as it was back when the big discussion was the "B pillar" placement making it seem narrow. I adjusted the seat to my preferred position and had plenty of room. And for comparison, I just ended a lease on a Volvo XC90, and am currently driving a 4dr JLU. Now, if you want to talk about headroom (potential head banging on the roll bar), Bronco has smartly moved that back to the back seat.

So, I accept you felt it did not fit you, but for everyone else who reads your comments and worries, just know that YMMV. Try it on for size, and make sure you adjust the seat - even (and especially) if it is a manual one...)

Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why are we talking about Toyotas on a Ford Bronco forum? 🤔
Because Tacoma dorks wish they had a Raptor or Bronco to put on the rooftop tent and Maxtrax they never use.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you feel about Germans and Italians?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.