Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happens pretty much every time I stat my Bronco or my F150. Both are up to date, both my wife's and my iPhones are up to date, Google Maps is up to date. I can select the 6 dots select Google Maps again and it finds me. If I hit find my iPhone while this is doing this, it is spot on. Some times I get a complete black screen, some times I get a gray screen with white squares (think Matrix). I have 5G service most of the time so it is not bad cell service. I have been driving a few hundred miles and towards the end of the trip it will do this. I don't live in the middle of the ocean. No the Fox News App is not causing it. Waze also does it when it wants to work. I will keep my Factory Nav which never has a problem knowing where I am.

Ford Bronco Google Maps is so much better than factory. Not IMG_5487.JPG
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This could be a Ford thing. My AA works nearly flawlessly in my wife's GCL300. On my BD, with the exact same phone, it is a glitchy freezing POS that requires a reboot of the head unit at least twice a day. You pretty much have to start it on your phone and then never touch the Bronco screen.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This happens pretty much every time I stat my Bronco or my F150. Both are up to date, both my wife's and my iPhones are up to date, Google Maps is up to date. I can select the 6 dots select Google Maps again and it finds me. If I hit find my iPhone while this is doing this, it is spot on. Some times I get a complete black screen, some times I get a gray screen with white squares (think Matrix). I have 5G service most of the time so it is not bad cell service. I have been driving a few hundred miles and towards the end of the trip it will do this. I don't live in the middle of the ocean. No the Fox News App is not causing it. Waze also does it when it wants to work. I will keep my Factory Nav which never has a problem knowing where I am.

Mine does this about 75% of the time too. iPhone 14 Pro Max up to date and connected to a ‘22 Wildtrak

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
3 fords and no issues for me. Try removing your phone then add it back to your bronco.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is ever a problem with something related to the touch screen it is a Ford issue. Sync is pretty bad. Been like this on my last 3 Fords. No issue whatsoever on our 2 VW’s.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't know that I can help you, but my OCD is having a panic attack with the adhesive garage door openers :(

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have removed it reinstalled it several times. My wife's phone does the same thing. If I go out of Google Maps or Waze and back into it they work almost fine.

When I was in TX for the Roadeo, at the hotel in Marble Falls it wouldn't start at all both mornings. Cell coverage wasn't as good there, so I figured it was causing this.

I am not worried about this currently. I posted this because every time someone says they want factory Nav, a lot of folks seem to ask why and proceed to tell us how much better Google/Waze are. You can down load the maps if you know where you are going ahead of time so you don't need cell coverage.

I have a felling my issue is I keep my phone in my lower pocket on my leg with out a clear GPS signal. My wife keeps hers in her purse on a hook on the back of the seat.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that I can help you, but my OCD is having a panic attack with the adhesive garage door openers :(

Is it really OCD? Because if it was why would it be CDO? Letters matter

They are Velcroed there. I figure out of the weather out of sight for the most part, and easy to reach when needed. I can remove them with out leaving a mark.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never had this issue. The vehicle choice wouldn't matter as it's the phone that is pushing to the screen. This could be some weird Apple + Google maps not playing well together issue

UncleTerry

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get this occasionally as well in the bronco but I also got it on an aftermarket unit I installed in my previous vehicle. Leads me to believe it’s an issue with CarPlay/Apple or the Google maps app. I wouldn’t be surprised if Google doesn’t prioritize bugs for Apple CarPlay.

Also make sure your Google maps app is updated. I had an app update today. Version 6.69.

Sponsored

garrybooker

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks (production week 5/22)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was looking for a similar answer this morning..

this happens 100% when my app isn't open on my phone
It happens 0% of the time when my app is opened on my phone.

I just set up a Automation for Google Maps to open when connected to carplay.

Hopefully that fixes issue.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna chalk that up to CarPlay issue. I have used Google Maps on Android Auto on Sync3 & Sync4 on various Fords since the introduction of AA without issue.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took my first (short of my pickup drive PA->VA w/ no issues) longer road trip to OBX this weekend and had my wireless carplay drop out a few times about an hour into the trip. Both ways. I am liking the inbuild navigation the more I use it and its integration into Amazon (don't use Siri) is pretty nice too. There are a lot of POI on it.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Must be an Apple thing, Google Maps and Waze both work fine on my android phone in my Bronco 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored