Sponsored

Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg???

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 1983 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WHAT?!?! The dealer recognized the error, owned up to it, and is working with you to try and make things as right as possible? What am I supposed to do with this freshly sharpened pitchfork?

At least you have an answer. Since you have a VIN, I am pretty certain there is nothing that can be done to change your build. That is well established here. So, let's break the rest down. Lift and tires will fix the appearance to be similar to squatching. The question is what gearing did you end up with? If you have auto, then you likely were ordered with 3.73 and no rear locker, unless it just happened to up you to the 4.27 with locker. If you don't plan to off-road, the locker will likely not be missed. However, I would personally not be interested in lift and larger tires (let's assume 35s) with 3.73 gears. The 10 speed will help, and I am sure there are a number of people here that have done it, but I would think it would run somewhat sloppy with that gearing. So now you are looking at a re-gear, lift, and tires. If you did get the 4.27, then a lift and tires would get you close enough to where you may want to call it a day. If you were really set on the 4A, the 4.7 gears, or the front locker based on what you plan to do, well that can be a game changer. If so, I would probably make a deal to take the Bronco on delivery and see about expediting a new order.
I had my pitchfork and machete out ready for battle also lol. But I took a few steps back when he treated me with Respect and told Me it was their fault immediately. Imagine that a honest dealer!

If it had been 3.73 gears with no locker I would have hung my head and walked away.
The window sticker shows the 4.27 gearing and rear locker as part of the 2.7 drivetrain pkg.
I have had a 2017 Jeep JK with 3.31 gearing and 35’s and then a 2020 Jeep JL with 3.73 gearing and 35’s, I wasn’t going down that sluggish road again lol.
Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could also just turn your Fox body mustang into an off-road beast instead.

Ford Bronco Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg??? 1983-Ford-Mustang-Fox-Body-Safari

The nice part is that if you are not going to miss the front locker, you could likely make a deal on lift and tires to get the appearance and clearance you want. This way you even get to pick the wheels and tires, which is an advantage the rest of us didn't get. I don't hate the Good Years as much as a number of other people on the forum do, but I am not going to blow smoke and say they are great tires. They are well balanced dealer tires. But, as many have indicated they pick up rocks and throw them at your doors and undercarriage like no ones business, and being only 8 ply they are not necessarily the best choice for certain off-roading conditions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DefNotBuddyLe

That is why ordered the Bronco, so I would not have to dismember the foxbody 😂

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Brutal

sorry to hear that, at least you got the advanced 4x4 and the locker.

Get some 33s on it and what a capable vehicle anyways, if you are only doing pretty mild stuff you could do a lot worse than 33s and a factory rear locker...

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brutal

sorry to hear that, at least you got the advanced 4x4 and the locker.

Get some 33s on it and what a capable vehicle anyways, if you are only doing pretty mild stuff you could do a lot worse than 33s and a factory rear locker...
We are not super hardcore off-roaders but after buying both of my Jeeps, I had regretted not buying a Rubicon since neither of my Jeeps had a front locker.

So this time I was doing it right, ordered the Sasquatch.

It would seem that I‘m destined to never get it right.!

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If they want to make it right, get a signed offer for at least $1K under invoice on your next one (won't take a dime out of their pocket, that's what I got mine for from a small dealer).

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I def would ask or do a little searching if you can find an OBX sas in a color and options you can live with it might be worth asking if they will do a dealer trade. Try to keep it somewhat local but i’m not sure location matters. A lot is going to depend on the other dealer but it’s not unheard of. My wife and I both have OBX with the 4.27 gears mine on 37’s hers on 35’s. I actually quite like the gearing. But after wheeling this year I do wish I had the front locker. It takes me a little more effort to climb some things but it still does great.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hearing that you regretted not having it on your Jeep means that regret will likely follow you on the Bronco. I was originally in on just getting the dealer to give you a good deal on lift/tires since you were getting a rear locker, but after hearing that piece of info I have to change my mind.
As others mentioned, see if they can work a trade/buy from another dealer with a similar unit, or have them prioritize a re-order. If you go with the latter, work out a short-term flexible lease on another vehicle you can live with, or even buying the current Bronco at a discount with the understanding that the discount is to account for a possible loss in equity when you end up trading in for the new Bronco they will be ordering as well as any changes in pricing that may occur when it ultimately gets built.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been looking thru Bronco6g for 2 years but never created a profile. I need some advice so I finale created an account.

I got my window sticker today and the Bronco is missing the Sasquatch package, everything else is correct but no Sasquatch option?

When the dealer converted our order to a 2023 the email from Ford showed A non-Sasquatch outer banks Computer image. I contacted the salesman immediately and told him, he called me back later that day and said he confirmed the order with Ford and it was correct with Sasquatch pkg. and told me it is a computer generated image and is not always correct.
I remembered seeing on Bronco6g a thread about how to check your order thru the back door with Ford. I checked it thru the Ford back door link and it shows the order correct, I can check it right now and it shows correctly.
My production week is 11/28 with a blend date of 12/1. I’m guessing we are screwed and this cannot be corrected. I am contacting the dealer in the morning but I feel like it will end up being take this one or reorder and wait another two years.

On top of all that, when we received a build date on the Bronco, we sold our Explorer while the market was still good. If we go the reorder route and have to wait another 2 years we will have to buy something to fill the gap. I know my stupidity!

Any advice?
More importantly, what is your VIN number, because if it is 1FMDE5A or 1FMEE5B, or 1FMDE5B, you can pretty much assume that you are screwed.

Unless you have a VIN of 1FMDE5C or 1FMEE5D, you are not even getting the advanced 4x4 transfer case, which means that there is no way to change your build without changing your VIN number.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It does have the 4.27 locking rear axle and advance 4x4.

I did call the Bronco hotline yesterday before the general manager called me, to try and figure who dropped the ball, was it on Ford’s side or the dealers? The Bronco hotline told me it was all up to the dealer and that my Bronco went to the line on 11/21, so it was not going to get any changes.
There is a chance that they can get it changed to a sasquatch, as the VIN does not need to be changed to become a Sasquatch.

That said, fear not, the OBX with some mild mods can be next level sick. You can upgrade to a better suspension than the sasquatch and the rims and tires aren't missed from where I stand.

This is my lowly OBX in 3 legged trim.

See, it could be worse. I actually like the 4.27 with the 2.7 engine (and I have 50k miles on it).

Ford Bronco Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg??? IMG_20220910_180947

I installed Badlands shocks and springs for $1500 along with $2000 in rims and tires. (those are only 33.5" tires!)

Currently installing the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a chance that they can get it changed to a sasquatch, as the VIN does not need to be changed to become a Sasquatch.

That said, fear not, the OBX with some mild mods can be next level sick. You can upgrade to a better suspension than the sasquatch and the rims and tires aren't missed from where I stand.

This is my lowly OBX in 3 legged trim.

See, it could be worse. I actually like the 4.27 with the 2.7 engine (and I have 50k miles on it).

Ford Bronco Got my window sticker and the Bronco is missing Sasquatch pkg??? IMG_20220910_180947

I installed Badlands shocks and springs for $1500 along with $2000 in rims and tires. (those are only 33.5" tires!)

Currently installing the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.
255 80 R17 tires ?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the only way to get the DORA from the dealer? I do have a picture of the order sheet that the dealer texted to me when they put in the order.
Yes. The DORA is the order confirmation from Ford to your dealer. It is the only true order sheet.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
295/70R17 (33.5") fits under the stock OBX wheel well with a 17x9 +30 offset rim with no lift.
nice, i am a fan of skinnier tires, most 255 80s are around the same height, glad to hear that size fits okay

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More importantly, what is your VIN number, because if it is 1FMDE5A or 1FMEE5B, or 1FMDE5B, you can pretty much assume that you are screwed.

Unless you have a VIN of 1FMDE5C or 1FMEE5D, you are not even getting the advanced 4x4 transfer case, which means that there is no way to change your build without changing your VIN number.
My VIN starts 1FMEE5D, window sticker shows 4.27 Rear Axle-Locking Diff & Advanced 4x4.
Sponsored