Sponsored

Got my windshield recall notice today, should I do it?

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What website did you check?
Ford.com

There is an option for recalls under the Support and Service option in the drop down menu. Just got to plug in your VIN.

I did it on my phone so desktop site may be a little different, but somewhere in the Support and Service section should be a page for recalls.
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The old way was pretty destructive. Now they use fiber cables to cut the seal and it doesn’t damage anything. If the windshield cracks it’ll stay together because windshields are laminated. I would be more concerned with a tech accidentally damaging something else, like denting or scratching a body panel, scratching your dash, or anything else. Good idea to watch the work if you ask me.

not really wild about the idea of re using the glass. Suppose you could get glass coverage and just get it replaced when a rock destroys it. It’s bound to happen.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't because I figure odds are good I'm replacing the windshield every 6-8 months anyway.

And, I don't really care if the windshield breaks loose in an accident.

On the other hand, they will hound you forever until you get it done.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership ordered backup windshields in before scheduled. They worked with me and had in and out in about 4 hours. Plus, the loner they gave me was a a new F150 Lighting.

Frankbronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco, 2020 Ford Mustang GT 500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got my windshield recall notice! I'm on the fence on this one, as it's best to leave something alone if it isn't broke in my opinion. I had my rear window on a pickup replaced one time, and they ended up breaking the glass. I was finding broken glass for years in the cab! My windshield has no leak or wind issues. I don't just take what the government says at face value, not anymore! Even if the windshield came out during a crash, what's going to happen? You are not going to be ejected through the windshield if your seatbelts are on and/or the airbags deploy. Seems like the risk is infinitesimal small if at all. That said, If I have it done do they reuse the existing windshield or put in a new one? Anyone have this done yet?
I would just leave it alone till you get a chip or a crack in it that requires replacement. Make sure the crack goes all the way to the edge at the top and bottom so they cannot pull it out and put it back in after te-sealing. They would have to replace it for free as you can dispute that it was because the Glass was never properly seated at the factory and has recall. You need to make it very clear that the recall does not require any paint work whatsoever so they can be extremely careful when grinding to The bare metal behind the glass. They almost messed my vehicle up and wanted to paint the whole frame. Heck no! Take a look at the pictures. They had me on pins and needles for three days. Good luck

963F4D3F-3E75-4C3B-B7A0-5EF9CE21D81B.jpeg

48E3648B-DC6B-4D38-8727-58D733E49E0B.jpeg

9C08006D-EFEE-4884-BBC9-223AE4931D06.jpeg

3F0ED7BE-38F2-431B-82C1-29DEBBEE83C3.jpeg

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish mine were recalled. It would save me $250 getting this fixed. The result of a rock getting flipped up on the highway and bouncing off of my windshield. 😫
Ford Bronco Got my windshield recall notice today, should I do it? 3F0ED7BE-38F2-431B-82C1-29DEBBEE83C3
I observed the replacement of my windshield yesterday. The guys from Safelite definitely put quite a bit more sealer in there than Ford had used. And they added some stuff at some of the seams to make it seal better. Glad to get ride of that big divot in my windshield.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They will hound you until the recall is completed and their records indicate such. I received my notice as well.
True! I'm still getting recall notices for some obscure part on my '95 Mustang from 15 yrs ago!
Sponsored