First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going up a 22 degree sand pile with the intent to stop before cresting over. At the top I went to stop but slid over a bit in the snow and got stuck with all the tires spinning in the air after.

As soon as the bronco got stuck the errors came on the dash. I was going pretty slow when it happened. Traction boards were no help but I got out with a single soft tug from a F-150.

ABS and AdvanceTrac lights are on. It still lets me turn AdvanceTrac on and off. ABS, AdvanceTrac, collision, and side traffic alert are all errors I can remember. While idling they will re-alert every 20 seconds or so. On the few mile drive home "Service Vehicle Soon" came up and feels like it's shifting slightly rough. If I try to use the swaybar disconnect, I get an error and it does not disconnect.

The truck is sitting at home while I'm at work today. The battery is disconnected. Underneath the truck it looks fine. The sand is all on the skid that protects the gas tank. No sand underneath anywhere forward of that.

While I was stuck, I noticed that one rear tire was not spinning even with the dif locked. All other three tires were spinning. The power distribution screen shows nothing even when the tires were spinning.

Going to reconnect the battery when I get home. Maybe bring it to the carwash and get some sand out? Anything I could look for underneath? Sounds like some kind of electrical/electronic problem. Nothing was rough on the truck with the stuck or unstuck process. Will be making an appointment with the dealer of course.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was going up a 22 degree sand pile with the intent to stop before cresting over. At the top I went to stop but slid over a bit in the snow and got stuck with all the tires spinning in the air after.

As soon as the bronco got stuck the errors came on the dash. I was going pretty slow when it happened. Traction boards were no help but I got out with a single soft tug from a F-150.

ABS and AdvanceTrac lights are on. It still lets me turn AdvanceTrac on and off. ABS, AdvanceTrac, collision, and side traffic alert are all errors I can remember. While idling they will re-alert every 20 seconds or so. On the few mile drive home "Service Vehicle Soon" came up and feels like it's shifting slightly rough. If I try to use the swaybar disconnect, I get an error and it does not disconnect.

The truck is sitting at home while I'm at work today. The battery is disconnected. Underneath the truck it looks fine. The sand is all on the skid that protects the gas tank. No sand underneath anywhere forward of that.

While I was stuck, I noticed that one rear tire was not spinning even with the dif locked. All other three tires were spinning. The power distribution screen shows nothing even when the tires were spinning.

Going to reconnect the battery when I get home. Maybe bring it to the carwash and get some sand out? Anything I could look for underneath? Sounds like some kind of electrical/electronic problem. Nothing was rough on the truck with the stuck or unstuck process. Will be making an appointment with the dealer of course.
I agree sounds like a fuse somewhere... or a module.... Something electrical... Damn the Flip is awesome! FORD needs to start paying him just for his time on here!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully you just blew its mind and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will let it reset and return to normal. And I agree, flip, Ducati and others on here are awesome. Definitely need to be getting bonuses from Ford for their efforts here.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still new to the off road universe so not sure if this makes a difference but did you have your traction control turn off prior to the obstacle..

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still new to the off road universe so not sure if this makes a difference but did you have your traction control turn off prior to the obstacle..
This particular time, no. I go to a washed out dirt road that is closed to traffic but I can make it down to a trailhead I use. It's fairly mild and I only use 4A or 2wd.

This is the sand I was on. This is from an earlier time this week. It's used to block access to the road and my son likes when we pull up onto it. After, we back down and go around.
Ford Bronco Got stuck on breakover angle and now multiple errors 1000000623

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This particular time, no. I go to a washed out dirt road that is closed to traffic but I can make it down to a trailhead I use. It's fairly mild and I only use 4A or 2wd.

This is the sand I was on. This is from an earlier time this week. It's used to block access to the road and my son likes when we pull up onto it. After, we back down and go around.
1000000623.jpg
This is an awesome shot, love the rapid red.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I did the same thing in Galveston last year. I made it over luckily but all kinds of alarms started going off. I stopped and killed it for a bit and everything went off.
Sponsored