Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like it is in a kind of dumb place anyway so it wont probably see enough use to break. A fair enough issue though if it is flimsy and someone breaks it the cost to fix it wouldnt be covered under warranty.
Why wouldn't it be covered? Anything breaks, especially like that while covered by warranty should be 100percent warrantied
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree it was flimsy, and the dash grab handles had some flex too. Depending how stable the base is, aftermarket solutions could fix this.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not thegtab handle itself that is flimsy. It's how it's mounted/ bolted under the cover. Anything you put there is going to shake until you fix the mounting issue. But who wants to waste time taking the whole console out and adding a couple big washers to fix something that doesn't really matter. Lol. If it breaks, warranty it.
from the video it looks like where it is mounted is strong and not the problem. Seems like the handle themselves are flimsy.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from the video it looks like where it is mounted is strong and not the problem. Seems like the handle themselves are flimsy.
Well we can hope.

Sponsored

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why wouldn't it be covered? Anything breaks, especially like that while covered by warranty should be 100percent warrantied
Id just worry if it damaged the surrounding area when your morbidly obese neighbor hauled his arse into the car with it when it broke it wouldn't look like a defect.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id just worry if it damaged the surrounding area when your morbidly obese neighbor hauled his arse into the car with it when it broke it wouldn't look like a defect.
That seems a little far fetched.... Buuut....if it breaks and still has warranty. 3year/30000miles... Then they don't have a choice. Especially if you haven't modified it at all...

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found this video interesting and helpful. The Bronco will be the wife’s rig. These handles are critical for both my physical and psychological safety. Clearly these will need to be reinforced.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ones at Supercel East were all flimsy as well. Hopefully this is a preproduction issue and is corrected for retail units because it's laughable for $40k+ vehicles.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That seems a little far fetched.... Buuut....if it breaks and still has warranty. 3year/30000miles... Then they don't have a choice. Especially if you haven't modified it at all...
Truly?? I genuinely had no idea you could get stuff fixed under warranty that you broke yourself. This. Changes. Everything.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truly?? I genuinely had no idea you could get stuff fixed under warranty that you broke yourself. This. Changes. Everything.
It's not that you broke it yourself, it's that it broke. If it broke it wasn't built properly... Like shifting like stupidass and breaking a transmission as long as you haven't modded anything it still covered... Just say when you take it in that "it broke, I was getting in and it broke. Fix it. " Lol.

I mean it is a grab handle right!?!? It's meant to be grabbed. Lol

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumper-to-Bumper3 years/36,000 milesComponents that need repair as a result of a defect in material or workmanship

Not an issue for me, based upon the location I don't see it being used much. It appears that the passenger may have to lean forward to grasp the handle, not an ideal situation with an air bag.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found it to be a little flexible, which is just fine if you're holding on, takes some of the 'shock' out of your arm by flexing a bit. I doubt you'll ever break it off unless you try to, LOL.

Non issue to me, it'll be fine. And rarely used anyways, not really in the most convenient "hold on for life" location...

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree it was flimsy, and the dash grab handles had some flex too. Depending how stable the base is, aftermarket solutions could fix this.
Did you feel like the dash handles (passenger and/or driver side) were the same "flexiness" as this grab handle in the video, or a little more stable? Just curious as I could see these dash ones getting more use.

And everyone needs to keep in mind the hundreds/thousands of people getting in and out and trying to rip this vehicle apart each week. The fact that it's not snapped off or stolen is a miracle at this point...
Sponsored