First Name
Jessica Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Granger Bronco order is scheduled to be built next month. They want a non-refundable deposit now but are not willing to talk about my trade until 30 days from the arrival of my Bronco. Can anyone who has traded in a vehicle at Granger share their experience? Specific examples of what you traded and what they offered would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not with Granger but had the same issue so figured this may be of value if the Granger offer does not work out for you. I would at least ask around even after you get a price to see if you can do better. Just keep in mind the tax savings for trading when comparing offers.

My dealer recently offered a very low trade on my soon to arrive Bronco. So I contacted Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, Carsense, Car Gurus, Carwiser. All pretty much gave some sort of quote online. Just had to watch as some were quotes, some a range. Carmax was the highest but they would have to inspect the car and confirm condition, were also 2 hours away. Carvana was second and they come to the house for pickup. Think the driver inspects before pickup. Anyway, last minute, I tried Webuyanycar, the ones with the annoying commercials. Turned out they were closer and offered even more than the rest, no hassle, no pressure. Check in hand after me asking a lot of questions in just under an hour. Ended up $4,711 higher than the highest the dealer would go. This was on a $28,000 car for reference. More than pays for the taxes lost from no trade.

Just note that a lot of them have some fees for title and such, still came out that far ahead after all was said and done. Results may vary by location but for my area, Webuyanycar had excellent reviews and they were legit. Not sure how they do it as they are just a middle man and do not sell direct to the public.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi. My first experience with Granger was Sept '21, bought a Bronco Sport as a holdover until my first Bronco is built. Saw it on their website (I live in MN). I offered to by it, their price was maybe $1,000 below MSRP. Paid the deposit ahead of time. I did not have a trade. Drove down and picked it up. Great experience.

Second experience, June '22, my first ordered Bronco is being built. Granger sends me an email stating I have a VIN, please pay non-refundable deposit. No problem, I'm excited as hell, because I didn't expect if for another year. Granger sent me another email day or two later with a form describing my trade-in if I have one. Of course I'm trading in my Bronco Sport, less than a year old. They offered a couple thousand less than what I paid. I'm good with that.

My Bronco arrives Aug '22, we take care of all the paperwork via email. Bought the Ford Premium Extended Warranty at $50 over cost. I go in, sign some papers, get the keys to my new Bronco, give them my Sport. Less than a half hour in their store. Everyone's happy, best car buying experience ever.

Just this week I get word my second Bronco is being built in April, again a year earlier than expected. I get the email from Granger, invoice for the deposit. Another email with a form describing my trade-in if I have one. Unfortunately I have to turn it all down as I can't afford 2 Bronco's this close together. Granger will have one to sell on their lot.

Not sure why they will wait on your trade-in until 30 days before, I can't speculate. Delivery is still a few months out, maybe the market changes.

In any case I have nothing but positive things to say about Granger. I highly recommend them and would buy my next vehicle from them again. Too bad I can't get my second Bronco.

Be patient, I believe they will be fair come time.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a great experience with Granger without a trade in. I do work in Finance and can tell you trade in value's change every single month. I just did a deal for a customer and the JD Power book value changed from Feb to March by about 10%. Thirty days is normal.

Usually you can get more from your vehicle if you sell it yourself. Right now is a great time to sell because lots of people have income tax money.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, I saw that thread. I am hoping to find some info more recent than 2020.
What you can take away from the examples shown in that thread is that the trade-in values will be lower than elsewhere but they are propped up by the relative value to the discount applied. The greater the discount, the lower the trade-in value.

I was going to trade in my '22 Black Diamond, but I won't reward them by essentially giving them the sale of 2 Broncos.

wrangler2bronco??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi. My first experience with Granger was Sept '21, bought a Bronco Sport as a holdover until my first Bronco is built. Saw it on their website (I live in MN). I offered to by it, their price was maybe $1,000 below MSRP. Paid the deposit ahead of time. I did not have a trade. Drove down and picked it up. Great experience.

Second experience, June '22, my first ordered Bronco is being built. Granger sends me an email stating I have a VIN, please pay non-refundable deposit. No problem, I'm excited as hell, because I didn't expect if for another year. Granger sent me another email day or two later with a form describing my trade-in if I have one. Of course I'm trading in my Bronco Sport, less than a year old. They offered a couple thousand less than what I paid. I'm good with that.

My Bronco arrives Aug '22, we take care of all the paperwork via email. Bought the Ford Premium Extended Warranty at $50 over cost. I go in, sign some papers, get the keys to my new Bronco, give them my Sport. Less than a half hour in their store. Everyone's happy, best car buying experience ever.

Just this week I get word my second Bronco is being built in April, again a year earlier than expected. I get the email from Granger, invoice for the deposit. Another email with a form describing my trade-in if I have one. Unfortunately I have to turn it all down as I can't afford 2 Bronco's this close together. Granger will have one to sell on their lot.

Not sure why they will wait on your trade-in until 30 days before, I can't speculate. Delivery is still a few months out, maybe the market changes.

In any case I have nothing but positive things to say about Granger. I highly recommend them and would buy my next vehicle from them again. Too bad I can't get my second Bronco.

So what are the specs of the 2nd bronco? the one you won't be getting but is being built in a month or so? just wondering if its something i might be interested in. thanks

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what are the specs of the 2nd bronco? the one you won't be getting but is being built in a month or so? just wondering if its something i might be interested in. thanks
Black Diamond 2.7L Auto Velocity Blue, pretty basic.

Ford Bronco Granger trade-in Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 6.21.41 PM

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger does things in stages once your Bronco has been shipped. Stage 3 is when you provide them with trade in info. I was looking to trade in a 23’ Cadillac CT5 with only 1993 miles but yesterday they offered $2225 less than local dealers. Sure, there is a $2100 tax savings but at local dealers I had +$2225-$2500 more in appraisal plus tax savings for purchasing other vehicle $4500 under msrp.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it depends on what you are going to trade in. If you have something desirable like a Bronco...then they can sell that nationally and they will give you a good price. If you have a minivan, it isnt going to fetch much in a small town in iowa...This was the experience from our group trading in.
In general, agreed with the other posts, you can't expect top dollar for your trade when they are making almost no money on the sale.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In regards to the Bronco Sport trade in value, you said it was a couple grand less than what you paid, do you know how that compared to KBB trade in value? I'm trying to get a feel for how close they may come to KBB for my trade.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In regards to the Bronco Sport trade in value, you said it was a couple grand less than what you paid, do you know how that compared to KBB trade in value? I'm trying to get a feel for how close they may come to KBB for my trade.
At the time I did not know the KBB value, didn't even look it up. Bronco Sports were still kind of hard to come by back then, in the market they were going for more than MSRP. I was happy with what Granger offered, I felt trading it back to them was the right thing to do. I bought it for about $1000 less than MSRP and I was getting a Bronco for $1000 under invoice. Win Win.

That probably doesn't help you in your situation. Shop around in the meantime to see what you can get.
Sponsored