AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely take into consideration whether you’ll pay more tax without a trade (depending on your state), but honestly selling to Carvana is a breeze. We sold our last car to them and got 3k more than any dealer was offering.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on your situation I wouldn't do anything with my car until the Bronco was paid for and in hand. Too many variables, damaged in transport, some recall, ADM BS when it arrives, etc.

We picked our Bronco up on a Friday and dropped our car at Carmax on Monday. I didn't feel comfortable getting rid of it before the Bronco was paid for.

Just think about getting rid of your car then something happens with the delivery of the Bronco and you have to go out and buy a car, not good.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carvana offers fluctuate a lot. I had a quote from them and realized I had given them a mileage 5k too high. I adjusted it to proper lower mileage and lost $1k on the offer. Updating the data about your car at all causes them to invalidate it.

Something interesting I found. The quote is tied to email, not vin. So long as you are not logged into your Carvana account when getting a quote, you can do it multiple times with different email addresses. It’s change $1k for me within hours. note: if you have a gmail, you can append +whatever to your username and they all get delivered to you. e.g., [email protected] would go to [email protected]’s inbox.

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, all.

We have a 4/4 build date and have to get rid of the vehicle we're shedding to make room for our Bronco. Having never ordered a vehicle before, I have a bad feeling about showing up on the day our delivery is ready only to have the GM offer a Carvana-like lowball trade-in figure. Has anyone else done this?

We got a pretty decent offer to sell the car outright to the dealer we purchased it from, some $6K to $8K over CarGuru, KBB, Carvana, etc... offers. I'm inclined to offload the ride now, and roll with one car until the Bronco delivers.

Any other advice? I don't think there's a ton of wiggle room when most dealers would be happy if we abandoned our orders so they can mark it up and throw it on the lot.

Thank you and be well.
I would suggest selling outright now if you are able to maintain without the extra set of wheels. It is a primetime to sell vehicles and homes. Using the cash as a down payment with be far more beneficial than a trade.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn't anybody sell their own vehicles anymore? Interesting that only one person in this thread made a casual reference to selling it yourself. I have always cleared way more dollars than what any reseller was offering with my past vehicles, and with only a relatively small amount of expended effort. And not just a little bit more....

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my dealer to give me a written offer for trade value ahead of delivery - I took in Carvana and Vroom offers as backup, but didn’t end up needing them. Most dealers want decent used vehicles right now, so if they know you’re willing to go elsewhere, they’ll usually give you a decent offer. If not, you can sell to the other dealer.

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I gave both the Honda dealership I bought my 2016 CR-V I bought it from new and the Ford dealership I was buying my Bronco from the chance to buy it and they both lowballed me on their offers, which I found a bit of an insult. I even gave them both the opportunity to come anywhere near Carmax’s offer to save me the 2 hour drive to drop my old car off at Carmax, but neither would budge. 5K and 4K lower than Carmax was offering, so it was a no brainer to sell it to Carmax in my case. The only thing I would do differently is wait until my Bronco was delivered, and make sure no surprises like ADM or damage in transit before selling my old car. In OP’s case, it sounds like they are willing to give you similar to what Carvana, Carmax, etc. would, so that would be my choice if I were in that position. Plus, like others have stated, depending on your state, the tax savings on trade in may be a factor.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every car I have sold, including when I took delivery of my Bronco last month, I have sold using the auto trader instant trade in. In my experience, as long as you take your time to be as detailed as possible about your trade, the dealer holds true to the value given. Its been an incredibly easy experience every time for me.

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, all.

We have a 4/4 build date and have to get rid of the vehicle we're shedding to make room for our Bronco. Having never ordered a vehicle before, I have a bad feeling about showing up on the day our delivery is ready only to have the GM offer a Carvana-like lowball trade-in figure. Has anyone else done this?

We got a pretty decent offer to sell the car outright to the dealer we purchased it from, some $6K to $8K over CarGuru, KBB, Carvana, etc... offers. I'm inclined to offload the ride now, and roll with one car until the Bronco delivers.

Any other advice? I don't think there's a ton of wiggle room when most dealers would be happy if we abandoned our orders so they can mark it up and throw it on the lot.

Thank you and be well.
Bring your car to trade in the day you pick up of your bronco. It’s been feast or famine with the date being accurate. 1/18 blend. ETA 5/20 for me. Wouldn’t trust your expected date. The day you are to pick up your bronco bring your best offer with u for dealer to Match. Drive your trade in car the least amount possible the next few months. It would suck only having one car and that car goes in the shop and they can’t give you a loaner. I have spoken to many people in the car industry and the value of used cars are not predicted to budge much in the upcoming months

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sold my truck outright. Dealer was him hawing over hour he didn’t want to be in it for the price I wanted offered 3 k less. (Still would not have been negative equity). So I listed it sold in three days. It was rough only having one car between us for a short while. But worth it for the price I sold it for.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe i'm the oddball here, but i don't believe in automatically freely handing over my value to a reseller, whether its carvana or a dealer or anybody else for that matter, unless there is a very compelling reason for doing so. What is the value that i'm getting in return? Convenience? In today's market, cars are selling like hotcakes. No reseller is going to give you the full value of your vehicle, which you can very easily capture by selling it yourself. There is much hoopla on this site about dealers marking up new vehicles, etc. etc., but then when it comes to selling a used vehicle, the default seems to be to simply give away a significant portion of your hard-earned value through a trade-in or to carvana or somebody. We wait for our broncos, and then rush to freely give away the value we have in our existing vehicles. I understand the convenience factor, but in today's market you can very rapidly sell any decent used vehicle yourself.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't anybody sell their own vehicles anymore? Interesting that only one person in this thread made a casual reference to selling it yourself. I have always cleared way more dollars than what any reseller was offering with my past vehicles, and with only a relatively small amount of expended effort. And not just a little bit more....
Since GA changed their title tax years ago, I’ve struggled to sell private party for much more than trade. People no longer have tax incentives to buy from private party. About 4 years ago, it took me 6 months to sell my 135 and I ended up only getting about $500 over original trade in offer and had to deal with BS offers, scam attempts, a showing, and meet up for cashier’s check/title swap. It so wasn’t worth it. Similarly, I had my gti listed on FB for a couple weeks trying to get $1500 above Carvana offer and wasn’t easily able to. Got my ford dealer to get within $500 of Carvana and saved $1500 on taxes.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I placed my order in April 2021, I asked my salesperson what the trade-in value would be on my Grand Cherokee. They gave me a number, put it in writing, and noted that it would be honoured even with a higher mileage upon when my Bronco arrived. It was open ended, as we didn’t know when my Bronco would arrive.

Fast forward to December 2021, and they honoured that - no issue at all. I was quite happy as it took the stress out of getting a low ball offer when my vehicle arrived.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since GA changed their title tax years ago, I’ve struggled to sell private party for much more than trade. People no longer have tax incentives to buy from private party. About 4 years ago, it took me 6 months to sell my 135 and I ended up only getting about $500 over original trade in offer and had to deal with BS offers, scam attempts, a showing, and meet up for cashier’s check/title swap. It so wasn’t worth it. Similarly, I had my gti listed on FB for a couple weeks trying to get $1500 above Carvana offer and wasn’t easily able to. Got my ford dealer to get within $500 of Carvana and saved $1500 on taxes.
Sponsored