Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting data point. Perhaps my viewpoint is state-dependent. My references are Texas (stale, at 6 yrs ago) and MD (many times since). Dunno.
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting data point. Perhaps my viewpoint is state-dependent. My references are Texas (stale, at 6 yrs ago) and MD (many times since). Dunno.
Yeah that was just my experience. GA’s ad valorem definitely favors the dealerships. Removes incentives to buy from a private party and incentivizes you to trade in. I think there’s general belief that dealerships do more than just wash the cars they resell too, helping them command a higher price than an individual. Some people can probably do better than I have, but I’ve learned it’s not really worth it to me.

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check with your state. Arkansas allows the tax incentive on any vehicle(s) you’ve sold in the 30 days prior to buying from a dealer.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, all.

We have a 4/4 build date and have to get rid of the vehicle we're shedding to make room for our Bronco. Having never ordered a vehicle before, I have a bad feeling about showing up on the day our delivery is ready only to have the GM offer a Carvana-like lowball trade-in figure. Has anyone else done this?

We got a pretty decent offer to sell the car outright to the dealer we purchased it from, some $6K to $8K over CarGuru, KBB, Carvana, etc... offers. I'm inclined to offload the ride now, and roll with one car until the Bronco delivers.

Any other advice? I don't think there's a ton of wiggle room when most dealers would be happy if we abandoned our orders so they can mark it up and throw it on the lot.

Thank you and be well.
check with car max, dealer wanted to give me 32k for the wife’s Acadia recently, when online to car max, they offered 43k, and it was a done deal. Took about an hour to do.
Sponsored