First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw e36
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just experienced this on my 2 door bronco, just got it month ago and woke up to the headliner in the back falling. smh
Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, just wow. I see my wife’s bronco headliner is starting to let loose. I’m just going to pull it down and reapply with some 3M spray trim adhesive and see how that works on the offending panel.
I’ve installed quite a few new headliners on 70s vintage GM cars - the kind with the thin foam backing the material, where the foam deteriorates/disintegrates causing the material to sag. I’ve gotten pretty good at it, but have found that the 3M heavy duty trim adhesive needs to be applied to both surfaces, and it will not stick long term unless the fiberboard shell that it is glued to is removed from the car, turned upside down, and the new headliner is glued on top of it with the foam of the headliner facing down until completely cured/dried. If you try to cut corners and stick the headliner up with the shell in the car it WILL fall. I’m assuming the same would hold true for the (heavier) Bronco headliner….

OP
OP
Muddog899

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had my headliner replaced last week took them a few days. But looks good. Holding up to the heat here in el paso has been 110 for the last week so looking good so far.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you considered moving a little further away from the Sun?

Sponsored

mackoy21

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw e36
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took mine in today for the headliner fix, they took it to a local upholstery shop to put it on again. We'll see how it goes.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THANKFULLY, even though we had some hot days here in New England, mine has not had any issues..😬

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took mine into the dealer last week and showed them the SSM 51667.

They said "OK, we will order and let you know when it comes in"

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just as a follow up the headliner came in, the dealer installed it and I picked it up this morning and drove to work.

It is sitting outside in the 100 deg heat so will be a good test to see if the fix works.

Also only the large liner in the rear came off.. the small ones on the front panels had no problems.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just as a follow up the headliner came in, the dealer installed it and I picked it up this morning and drove to work.

It is sitting outside in the 100 deg heat so will be a good test to see if the fix works.

Also only the large liner in the rear came off.. the small ones on the front panels had no problems.
What's the verdict? Also, did they replace your old headliner? And did they do anything different in terms of the adhesive? Apparently Ford didn't think of heat resistant glue. Brilliant.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's the verdict? Also, did they replace your old headliner? And did they do anything different in terms of the adhesive? Apparently Ford didn't think of heat resistant glue. Brilliant.
It is sticking up great, no issues after full days in 100+ deg days in the full sun.
They did replace my old headliner, in fact I had left it home and they had me bring it in so they could return it to Ford as part of warranty.
I’m guessing they used different adhesive but they didn’t explain anything.

it was interesting that front 2 small panels were fine. So must have used different glue just on rear panel?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sticking up great, no issues after full days in 100+ deg days in the full sun.
They did replace my old headliner, in fact I had left it home and they had me bring it in so they could return it to Ford as part of warranty.
I’m guessing they used different adhesive but they didn’t explain anything.

it was interesting that front 2 small panels were fine. So must have used different glue just on rear panel?
Yeah my front panels have been fine the whole time, too. I'm at 7,500 ft in Colorado. Highs in the 80s is hot here. And it was a problem within a matter of weeks of buying it. It's like someone just didn't even consider heat when they threw the liner in on builds. Thanks for your response, glad it's resolved.

tmkfordbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah my front panels have been fine the whole time, too. I'm at 7,500 ft in Colorado. Highs in the 80s is hot here. And it was a problem within a matter of weeks of buying it. It's like someone just didn't even consider heat when they threw the liner in on builds. Thanks for your response, glad it's resolved.
I don't think the headliner likes the new Mexico,Texas heat.
23 base sasquatch 2 door

20230524_084443.jpg

20230524_084447.jpg

20230524_084249.jpg

20230524_084258.jpg
I have a similar problem with my 2023 Big Bend 2Dr manual. Built: 3/20/2023, Shipped: 3/23/2023, Delivered: 4/15/2023, Washington State. I noticed my headliner doing the same thing about a month ago even though I keep the Bronco in my garage when not in use. I've tried adding additional 3M adhesive with some success. The adhesive the Ford factory used for this application is just plain wrong, hopefully they can recommend a spray adhesive that works in all temperatures so those of us affected can resolve this issue quickly.
Sponsored