Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order was originally a MIC but dropped it to speed up the order. Learning to live with it and don’t mind it most of the time.
In the summer I like to put it in safari mode with the side and rear windows removed.
Wife now has a bronco with the hardtop so we can switch tops if we want for security purposes if we take the Badlands on a road trip and stay in the big city.
Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rear window defroster and wiper on hardtop................
lol very valid point. Totally forgot about that. in the north we need that stuff

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kinda true but $ vs quality is important to me personally. I work hard for my money and want it spent wisely. Poor customer response and quality will doom any company eventually. Ford should be all over these sites gathering feedback for development.
My wife’s Lexus was 60k…worth every penny…not so sure of American vehicles but I hope they get there eventually.
Doom? I guess you do not know the history of the automobile or much about @Ford Motor Company ....

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lol very valid point. Totally forgot about that. in the north we need that stuff
I live in the North and do not miss it. Plastic windows do not fog like glass

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can see a logical argument for both tops. Had a soft top for a day and really loved how easy it was to make it go up and down again. Kinda loud on highway which was no worse than a soft top wrangler. If my bronco was a spare care (4th car) then I would go hardtop if I could find it, sell it to make money and get a soft top :) . Or just get a soft if its all other options worked out for me. My current use case after testing the bronco out is it is going to replace one of our family cars (volvo xc90) for that reason that it will be driven all around in all weather and mostly my little kids will be in the back we needed the hardtop. I never liked driving soft tops on the highway always had a odd fear of something banging into the car and hitting us. Illogical...totally. but thats how my brain works. Had a NC miata for a while and I hated driving it on the highway always felt like I had no protection from the things around me top up or down. for long road trips also I will take a quieter car whenever possible. Although some ambient noise is great to drown out my kids ipads. I am honestly thinking about buying two broncos, ( i have two currently on order being build end of feb) both hard hardtops. Sell the hardtop off the badlands, find a used soft top from a takeoff for cheap as possible. I see them for 1-1200 on occasion. Then sell that hardtop and sell the car with a sof top hoping to breakeven. Now that I type it out its a lot of work to make a few grand...so never mind!
Just realize that those take off ones are often just the canvas and don't have the windows or any of the hardware/brackets to attach it.

I almost bought one but luckily came here and started a thread about it and learned that I would have probably had to spend about another few thousand just to get it to be a complete attached soft top, which sucks because I actually like the way the OEM soft top looks more than the trektop (and I want to be able to put the top all the way back).

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doom? I guess you do not know the history of the automobile or much about @Ford Motor Company ....
I would say I understand US economics and industry well. My first American car in awhile. Hope it’s not my last but trying to give US labor market a chance. We have Honda, Lexus, VW and dodge..now Ford. Guess which ones have little to no issues?

I do know Hyundai was abysmal when they first came out and turned that around quickly.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Places like Orlando havn't seen 103 degrees in over 100 years. As for yearly extreme highs, Florida is one of the colder states in the US. -Cliff Clavin
I read it in his voice.

Ford Bronco Hardtop vs Soft Top 1674769321960

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory Soft Top does not seal on the sides at all. Over the passenger side doors you can actually get your whole arm inside the top!

The Soft Top looks like a covered wagon to me. Hard Top looks much better.

The Soft Top does Not go all the way down and completely blocks the rear view. It's actually quite heavy to take all the way off, but that's an option.

Hey, I have both now. I ordered a 2022 Bronco with a Soft Top and found a MIC 2.0 about 6 months ago. The Hard Top is on it to stay. I just don't think I'll put the Soft Top back on.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As is with all decisions like this, the correct answer is: get both