Sponsored

Has anyone been able to do a purchase agreement on a 2022 Bronco?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not order before 3/20/21 or whatever the cut-off date was last spring, so I do not have price protection. I do want to try and get price protection for the 2022 Bronco I ordered in October, and thinking Ford might not offer it again because everything is so crazy right now. My dealer seems great and I have asked him a couple of times if there is anyway to lock-in on my order, and he says I should be set. So I might be fine, but tt sounds like the 2022 models still might not be price protected?(if your order was not before March of 2021)

Has anyone done any kind of purchase agreement or anything that allows them to lock-in on price for a newer 2022 order?
Sponsored

Mercury

Outer Banks
First Name
Ki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I ordered before the deadline so I am price protected for a 2022 or so I am told. I cannot speak on a newer order.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically, the more you get in writing, and the more formal it looks, the better. At order time, nothing is truly set in stone, as the vehicle does not exist and both parties have some degree of wiggle room to escape any deal.

A majority of dealers will honor even a verbal deal but the bottom line is that you definitely want something in writing. Text message from the salesman is much better than nothing. DORA sheet with your build's MSRP and an email from the salesman saying "this is the price you'll pay" is much better than that. DORA signed by both parties is better than that. Something purchase-agreement-esque (usually on a form specific to the dealer) with all costs itemized and signed by them is the best you can get -- not a guarantee you won't get hosed, but it's a very strong document to wave in their face if they try to go back on the deal. Naturally, the further you go down this list, the more reluctant the dealer will be to provide the documentation. So you'll have to decide how much is enough, based on your own circumstances and your sense of the vibe given off by the dealership.

The one thing I would absolutely avoid is any dealer who talks about you paying the "market price at the time of delivery" instead of "MSRP" or a specific number. That is a way of saying you'll pay massive markups. Also try to find out if they intend to force any unwanted dealer-installed "accessories" onto your Bronco.

Finally, if your order slips into MY23, all bets are off. That's a different vehicle and a different negotiation. As a post-March order, your price will likely go up at that point, but even the pre-March 2021 MSRP price protection from Ford doesn't adequately protect against dealer markup being added at that stage.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i Don’t want to get political here, but, appreciate that with annual inflation currently at 7.5%, for those of us that had late 2021 orders that weren’t price protected but with the published Ford price increase at something like $975 (Badlands), we might be getting a serious bargain. How long can Ford go with inflation at 7.5% before we will be seeing substantial price increases?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, my dealer and both signed a purchase agreement when I place my order for a '21 and then again when I had to resubmit for a '22. Not a chance in the world i'd order from a dealer without one.

p.s. I took delivery a couple of weeks ago and my purchase couldn't have went any better.

Sponsored

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
i Don’t want to get political here, but, appreciate that with annual inflation currently at 7.5%, for those of us that had late 2021 orders that weren’t price protected but with the published Ford price increase at something like $975 (Badlands), we might be getting a serious bargain. How long can Ford go with inflation at 7.5% before we will be seeing substantial price increases?
Purely economical and politics put aside, your assessment of the situation is quite right.
Inflationary pressure is going to have a direct impact on Ford's ability to maintain production costs.
Watching the funds put aside for my Bronco deal lose purchasing power is a nasty bit of business to be dealt.
I'm ready to accept the fate of using cash to purchase a non-Bronco vehicle for the sole purpose of obtaining an hard asset during the interim of the Bronco waiting period. If and when the Bronco does make an appearance said interim vehicle is traded in with the hope it held better value than the set aside cash. Insane used vehicle prices indicate this may favor this move, especially if the new vehicle market dries up.
It does not bode well my friend.
Toss in the geo-political forces going on abroad and any move to protect assets is a good move.
Really bakes the noodle trying to make any sense of it.
Ford Bronco Has anyone been able to do a purchase agreement on a 2022 Bronco? 1645404938845

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
One reserved first week and ordered before and one ordered after. I've seen no evidence I will ever see price protection on that early order. Dealer only acknowledges price that configurator shows which is the 2022 price. I would be interested to know what price protection actually looks like.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To echo what others said, the more paperwork/documentation the better. I got a signed DORA confirming build with price signed. Got two people from dealership in text saying it would be at sticker, screenshotted. Then got them to do a purchase agreement with agreed upon price. The more straws you get in the bundle, the harder the bundle is to break.

EDIT: I ordered this year.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not order before 3/20/21 or whatever the cut-off date was last spring, so I do not have price protection. I do want to try and get price protection for the 2022 Bronco I ordered in October, and thinking Ford might not offer it again because everything is so crazy right now. My dealer seems great and I have asked him a couple of times if there is anyway to lock-in on my order, and he says I should be set. So I might be fine, but tt sounds like the 2022 models still might not be price protected?(if your order was not before March of 2021)

Has anyone done any kind of purchase agreement or anything that allows them to lock-in on price for a newer 2022 order?
I just picked up a second one after I changed my order and received a VIN. So I went to my dealer ans they filled out a new one which reflected price and build changes and included fees and new VIN since I have one now. So far Suburban Ford has been very good to deal with when it comes to details.
Sponsored