Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure?

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if anyone has installed Ford's: Part No: VM2DZ78115A00D, "BRONCO 4DR 2021 DELUXE RAISED LID CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE" or if you have found something better? I need to get something because of the soft top, so looking to see what you are all doing.
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if anyone has installed Ford's: Part No: VM2DZ78115A00D, "BRONCO 4DR 2021 DELUXE RAISED LID CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE" or if you have found something better? I need to get something because of the soft top, so looking to see what you are all doing.
Pickens Party of 5 has a video on YouTube of them installing theirs and a review.

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did and didn't like it. I had the one where the top lifts up. Only problem is that the lid catches on the metal opener so it barely lifts up. I got the rough country storage box and like it. Has tons of space in it, leaves about 6" on the bottom so you can get into the tiny trunk storage and comes with a heavy duty rubber mat for the top to put stuff on

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 1636200685138

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is one of the early accessories I picked out for when my Bronco arrives. But what is to keep someone from accessing the vehicle through the soft top, popping the door locks and opening the tailgate? I think this is a good deterrent from a quick “smash and grab” theft, but it does not appear to offer much protection if the door locks are able to be unlocked?

Sponsored

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this the cargo box with fixed top?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it, dealer installed. The interior walls arrived scratched. I hear most have. No big deal to me, can’t see it, going to uses a car paint pen over them, and got it discounted. So far I am a fan.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 1E8D768D-9F04-4453-BD68-45BF80A5DB47

Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 2E215DFD-6600-4164-9B28-1B3E0AEDBAA4

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it, dealer installed. The interior walls arrived scratched. I hear most have. No big deal to me, can’t see it, going to uses a car paint pen over them, and got it discounted. So far I am a fan.
Ford Bronco Has Anyone Installed a Cargo Area Security Enclosure? 2E215DFD-6600-4164-9B28-1B3E0AEDBAA4

Man, that is exactly what I’m looking for. Do you happen to have the part number handy for that, and also, any chance a set of golf clubs will fit inside the enclosure? Asking for a friend…..

OP
OP
Rubicon 2 Badlands

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, that is exactly what I’m looking for. Do you happen to have the part number handy for that, and also, any chance a set of golf clubs will fit inside the enclosure? Asking for a friend…..
The part number is in the top, original post of this thread.

OP
OP
Rubicon 2 Badlands

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the early accessories I picked out for when my Bronco arrives. But what is to keep someone from accessing the vehicle through the soft top, popping the door locks and opening the tailgate? I think this is a good deterrent from a quick “smash and grab” theft, but it does not appear to offer much protection if the door locks are able to be unlocked?
I’ve wondered about that. I am assuming (and hoping) that it is smart enough to know if the key is not sensed inside the vehicle that the alarm will sound. Haven’t tested it yet……. Anyone tried?

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did and didn't like it. I had the one where the top lifts up. Only problem is that the lid catches on the metal opener so it barely lifts up. I got the rough country storage box and like it. Has tons of space in it, leaves about 6" on the bottom so you can get into the tiny trunk storage and comes with a heavy duty rubber mat for the top to put stuff on

Does this fit a 2 door it looks great

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the would be thief looks into the tinted soft top it must give the illusion that the trunks empty right? Like you said a quick smash and grab would be out of the question but if they had the time they could take the time to see it's a false top and do what you said.