Sponsored

Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to a Bronco?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I good friend and neighbor is on his 2nd 4 Runner in the last 22 years and loves his Bronco. The 4 Runner is a better vehicle if most of your miles are on pavement but the top down/off makes the Bronco a completely different animal. His wife now drives the 4 Runner and both are very happy.

My wife drives a Range Rover and itā€™s a stark difference from the Bronco. Itā€™s plenty capable off-road, quiet as most luxury sedans, and its diesel engine is perfect for towing our 6,000 pound boat. It simply doesnā€™t have the fun factor of our Bronco. My Bronco will get the MyTop power soft top as soon as itā€™s available and Iā€™ll have the top down about 75% of the time and the doors off at least half of its miles. Itā€™s that top down/doors off go anywhere ability that makes the Bronco way more fun than any fixed top truck or SUV.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if the T4R was a 2 door and had removable top and doors and a manual transmission, I would be driving that instead of a Bronco

Andrewjn220

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd 4 runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Badlands SAS built and "shipped" somewhere in the country with a constantly changing ETA. Currently I own a decently modified 2021 4Runner TRD Offroad and sometimes wonder if switching from it to the Bronco is worth it. I orginally bought the 4Runner to just get by until the Bronco came. Except I went a little crazy with mods on the 4Runner since the Bronco took so long.

Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to the Bronco?
Whats your opinion on the switch?
Was it worth it?

Thanks!
I have owned 6 TRD 4Runners up until 2023. I was just offered a 24 in Undergroud Gray delivering in Decemberā€¦ā€¦I am a die hard TRD owner.
BUT at this stage I donā€™t think I can give up my 4 door Badlands Sasquatch.
The bronco is 10xā€™s more fun to drive not including any of the convertible features.

Itā€™s way more responsive, the stance 100 xā€™s better, the seating way more comfortable, the ride by far better, breaking, the sheer difference in torque, the rubber flooring, the technology.

I never thought I would say it, but it blows the TRD away. While I may still consider picking up the 24 being the last year before the redesign comes out in 25, I am not sure I can go back to the ancient feeling, slow, low to the ground stance that the Bronco solves all around.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just traded in a 2018 4Runner SR5 that Iā€™ve been driving since new for a 2023 Black Diamond Bronco. I loved the 4Runner and I will miss some aspects (the hatchback and roll down window in the rear was super convenient). I also have a soft top Bronco, so I will certainly miss the ability to strap things to the top.

The 4Runner was incredible solid, comfortable, and capable. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. Would I buy another one? Probably. But for me it was time for a change. I had just hit 100k miles and wanted to trade it in while it still had some value, and the Bronco just completely captured my imagination. Itā€™s going to be a trade off for sure, but I can see myself having an absolute blast in this thing.

Ford Bronco Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to a Bronco? IMG_2499
Ford Bronco Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to a Bronco? IMG_0213

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just traded in a 2018 4Runner SR5 that Iā€™ve been driving since new for a 2023 Black Diamond Bronco. I loved the 4Runner and I will miss some aspects (the hatchback and roll down window in the rear was super convenient). I also have a soft top Bronco, so I will certainly miss the ability to strap things to the top.

The 4Runner was incredible solid, comfortable, and capable. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. Would I buy another one? Probably. But for me it was time for a change. I had just hit 100k miles and wanted to trade it in while it still had some value, and the Bronco just completely captured my imagination. Itā€™s going to be a trade off for sure, but I can see myself having an absolute blast in this thing.

Trade off on what???? Don't get me wrong I liked my 4R but other then Toyota's reliability reputation ( I know that's a big deal!!) I like everything else about Bronco better, looks, tech, comfort, doors top comes off, gas mileage and power!!
Ford Bronco Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to a Bronco? IMG_0110.JPG
Ford Bronco Has anyone switched from a 4Runner to a Bronco? IMG_0316.JPG

Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Badlands SAS built and "shipped" somewhere in the country with a constantly changing ETA. Currently I own a decently modified 2021 4Runner TRD Offroad and sometimes wonder if switching from it to the Bronco is worth it. I orginally bought the 4Runner to just get by until the Bronco came. Except I went a little crazy with mods on the 4Runner since the Bronco took so long.

Was it worth it?

Thanks!
Traded my ā€˜22 TRD Off Road Predator Package for a 2 door Black Diamond. The refinement of the Toyota is night/day better than the Ford. No comparison. The only thing going for the Ford is personality. Toyota is like driving a vanilla Tylenol but that V6/5 speed auto is silky smooth.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trade off on what???? Don't get me wrong I liked my 4R but other then Toyota's reliability reputation ( I know that's a big deal!!) I like everything else about Bronco better, looks, tech, comfort, doors top comes off, gas mileage and power!!
I explained the trade off in my post. My Bronco is a soft top. I donā€™t have the ability to easily open the hatchback and fit larger items in the back, nor can I put things on the roof. Being that I just purchased the Bronco, I already ran into a situation with buying a Christmas tree that I couldnā€™t handle and had to use the wifeā€™s Subaru to do. That being said, I do not regret trading in the 4Runner one bit for the Bronco. Iā€™m really excited about this vehicle, particularly in the summer when Iā€™ll be able to ride around with the top down.

Andrewjn220

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd 4 runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Was it worth it?

Thanks!

Was it worth it?

Thanks!
I have owned 6 TRD PRo 4 Runners starting 2017. I turn them every year w high miles.
While I will always have a soft spot for them and likely will buy the last year Gen 5 to hold onto, my Bronco Badlands loaded if way too much fun! Fun being the major differentiator. The stance, the response, handling, interior design etc simply nails it. While I miss the fact that the 4Runner maintains its value, fun outweighs the savings. Yes they are two different vehicles but if I had to choose one or the other it would be a bronco hands down.
Sponsored