Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, everything about this is sketchy.

The thing is if someone has $70k cash, I imagine they have the cash to buy a Braptor off a lot. I don’t see them looking on Craigslist.

Ford doesn’t owe you anything, the dealer doesn’t owe you anything. That’s between you and your budd……. I mean the scammer.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want to find real Sympathy in a B6G thread, you’ll find it in the B6G Online Dictionary between shit and syphilis.

I’m sorry OP but I’m trippin’ balls on the heavy duty schadenfreude in this thread

Bluezone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Classic tale

greed over common sense

1) greed - new the car was undervalued and thought you could buy the car and then flip to dealer for the car you wanted and make a profit on the trade in.

2)common sense - the seller could have just went to a dealership and sold for more profit. When a dealer buy a car it is also in cash- although make take 1-2 days to fund bank account.

tough lesson - insurance company owns car not ford and you will never get the car. You will also never get your money back from the seller.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to clear things up:

Do you have an officer assigned to your case? IF so, other law enforcement here will have access to the info.

Did you contact the FBI? I went right to their local office in the past & they were very helpful.

Do you have a withdrawal slip from the bank for $75k? Key evidence.

I see PI mentioned. Does he have a picture of the culprit? My Identity was stolen & I had a picture of the man/woman couple. The (chicago) police were less than helpful and to their point, a non-violent crime, was not on their priority list. My PI had the couples address within a week.

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mean at the end of the day my current tacoma is falling apart I dont go to dealers and without a tax credit and this put me there to avoid sales tax pretty common. I had equity in it more than 75k thats pretty clear. Az title exactly as normal. As stated my now 7 year old Tacoma has paint damage, faded headlights, blown cv boot, needs an alignment. Can walk outside and take pictures of the thing lol. Old tech its slow I need a truck. I bought the bronco without the full intent of keeping as who would at that price. I was just browsing the webs for fun on a sunday afternoon looking for a new vehicle to purchase anyways. What does a dealer do they make profit right? Everyone probably paid some sort of mark up here? I paid a mark up at the dealer for the F150 didnt I? I just had equity to burn. The bronco had damage and they kinda smoked in it. Fresh start. I had it 15 days little over 2 weeks. I am not gonna respond over and over again to the same stuff its all here its public. Im missing the money and one of the vehicles I actually planned to keep. I havent bought something off the lot since 2016
I believe you said somewhere in these 17 or 18 pages of this thread that you are 27 years old. Fortunately you are young enough to recover from this. I had a scumbag builder steal $30,000 from me when I was 34. He took my security deposit and the first draw of the construction loan and then bolted and left town During the early hours of the morning. He stole from 30 others who had contracted to build with him. Had a beautiful model home and a complete sales team. It was an expensive lesson in life for me but I recovered. This will be an expensive lesson in life for you as well but you are young enough that you will recover. One thing is likely and that you will never make this mistake again. I remember my father always telling me if something is too good to be true then it probably is. My father would have been 100% correct on this one.
I feel for you buddy. I really do as it’s a tough nut to swallow.

Sponsored

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of things...

If Ford was paid for the truck from insurance why were they able to take it back from you?
They have already been paid back and the vehicle is a write off. If anything it would be an insurance company thing, no?
I had a truck stolen from me several years ago and it was paid out to me from insurance. They found it eventually, (Guy was daily driving it!) but I wouldn't have expected to get it back without paying the insurance company something, they technically own it...?

Second, I know nothing about you, but I would think if you paid $75k in cash you would have a withdrawal slip from a bank? I mean some people keep cash in a safe, but $75k would be a large amount to just have. That's not fitting in a wallet. (For evidence you paid for it)

Also, it looks like someone mentioned the VIN on the tire gauge sticker being cut off.
There are several places on the vehicle you can confirm VIN numbers, even without the seller knowing.
Most importantly all the fenders have a sticker and it can't be tampered with due to them being tamper proof.
Also, if you know where to look the engine has one too.

Good luck with your battle!

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dont need sympathy is what it is not expecting much anyways but it did go public and at the end of the day this could happen 2 to 20 more times who knows. There is 5-7 million in vehicles missing. I wouldnt pay 110k for a bronco but thats just me. off a lot and then pay 10k in fees and sales tax. Thats getting hosed. Az is a no sales tax private sale and private sale is how I like to buy. Not my last dollar I make more than enough with my business theft is tax deductible apparently. Bought a new house that same month I just gave more of a down payment to scammer than I did to the banks that's what really is annoying to me anyways

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Um, you seem to have your metaphors cross-threaded (at least I hope so):
Tough nut to crack.
Hard pill to swallow.
Maybe, but if I was a squirrel it would be a tough nut to swallow. But yea if we are talking metaphors then yes you are correct.

Sponsored

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no different than someone buying a new, unopened, in-box, iPhone 14Max Pro at 25% off, for cash (but not from Apple)”. But the stolen phone is now locked out by Apple. But you think Apple should Should accept the phone as a trade-in for another one. Ha, ha. Well, it’s not the dealer’s fault that you (unsurprisingly) got a “great deal” on stolen property. The rest of the world pays $110,000 - $120,000 for a Bronco Raptor, and you land a cash deal for $75,000. Yeah, no “red flag” there, LOL. There are so many ways to verify a vehicle, and that it is not stolen. Protecting the buyers of stolen property merely protects the thieve’s business model and takes away the need for due diligence buy the buyer. If you were reimbursed by the dealer, than why not take a chance on the stolen property if the system is simply going to reimburse the buyer of stolen goods. No risk for the buyer, so heck yeah, buy that Raptor, and the iPhone to run your Apple CarPlay.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no different than someone buying a new, unopened, in-box, iPhone 14Max Pro at 25% off, for cash (but not from Apple)”. But the stolen phone is now locked out by Apple. But you think Apple should Should accept the phone as a trade-in for another one. Ha, ha. Well, it’s not the dealer’s fault that you (unsurprisingly) got a “great deal” on stolen property. The rest of the world pays $110,000 - $120,000 for a Bronco Raptor, and you land a cash deal for $75,000. Yeah, no “red flag” there, LOL. There are so many ways to verify a vehicle, and that it is not stolen. Protecting the buyers of stolen property merely protects the thieve’s business model and takes away the need for due diligence buy the buyer. If you were reimbursed by the dealer, than why not take a chance on the stolen property if the system is simply going to reimburse the buyer of stolen goods. No risk for the buyer, so heck yeah, buy that Raptor, and the iPhone to run your Apple CarPlay.
Ya those 110-120k days have departed same ones still sitting on the lot for 105k for months now

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A couple of things...

If Ford was paid for the truck from insurance why were they able to take it back from you?
They have already been paid back and the vehicle is a write off. If anything it would be an insurance company thing, no?
I had a truck stolen from me several years ago and it was paid out to me from insurance. They found it eventually, (Guy was daily driving it!) but I wouldn't have expected to get it back without paying the insurance company something, they technically own it...?
The original dealer that it appears to be stolen from, likely recieved a claim check from AMRO (Ford's subsidiary insurance company)--so technically it belongs to AMRO. The vehicle is probably being held as evidence, but will probably be returned to the insurance company once the case is solved and prosecuted...until then, it'll likely be impounded for the duration. It doesn't matter if Ford or the dealer got paid for it already..it never belonged to the OP due to the fraudulent transaction. Chances are this Bronco will never see the road again.

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ya those 110-120k days have departed same ones still sitting on the lot for 105k for months now
Point? So are they selling below MSRP for $75,000? They are still moving here within 1 or 2 days at 10K over ($95-$100K).. Yes, they sit on the lot if a dealer is asking $120. If you are buying a gently used one for $75k, good luck with the legitimacy of that offer.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.