First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you like the Ranger Tremor, check out the new GMC Canyon AT4 for 2023. I would take that over a Ranger Raptor.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did similar. Bought my Ranger in Jan waiting on the 2-Door BL. The wife knows I want to keep the truck, so she has agreed to trade in her 2020 CRV for the Bronco. We get both.

The problem for me, she gets to pick which one she wants to drive. I'm alright with that because we get both and I'd be happy with either. So many CRVs on the road now, it's looks like all the other metro grocery getters.

I specifically did not buy a Tremor Ranger because it would be two vehicles with the same focus. I'd be hard pressed to keep both knowing they served the same function of "off roader."

I do not envy your hard decision.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you like the Ranger Tremor, check out the new GMC Canyon AT4 for 2023. I would take that over a Ranger Raptor.
I think GM did an awesome job with the new twins. Both are great looking trucks. But for me there is a deal breaker. There are no physical controls for the headlights. Only through the infotainment. If your screen dies at night you are pretty much screwed unless you happen to have them on auto. Also from what I have seen there is no option for push button start.

I do not like the direction many manufacturers are going with eliminating redundant controls for various necessary functions. Had my screen freeze in my 2019 Grand Cherokee and had no way to control the heat. And we were in the middle of a deep freeze.

Reactions: MJJ

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go with whichever one moves you.

Personally, even if I was ultimately going to go with the Ranger, I'd keep the Bronco for now. Since we are so close to the next generation Ranger, I'd enjoy the Bronco for the next year (or so... it is Ford) and then trade on a next generation Ranger.

OP
OP

emoty-c

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate the input. My line of thinking thanks to a post on Range5g- the truck is a tool, the bronco is a toy. I have an '84 4runner which in a pinch can work as a truck. I also have realized I can replace the Tremor (if I decide I hate the Bronco) much easier than I can replace the Bronco (if I hate the Tremor). So the Tremor is going up for sale - thanks to all.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for opinions. I bought a Ranger Tremor 6 months ago while I waited for my 4 DR Badlands 2.7 L non-SAS. Ive owned a 3rd gen Taco and Silverado before, as well as TLC and 4runners indlucing my current '84 4runner w a safari top. I love the Tremor - best truck Ive owned.

It is quick, agile, smooth on the road. I've had my Bronco for a couple days, and am having a hard time seeing myself switching to it (I cannot afford both). I know the "Its not a truck" mentality - I've lived out of both. Looking for anyone who as owned a Tremor and switched to a Bronco - what do you miss/like beyond the obvious it doesn't have a bed?
I too owned a 2021 Ranger Tremor while waiting for my Badlands.

I do miss that truck, but I wouldn't trade back from the Bronco. The bed is quite literally the only part I miss. It was about as loud inside as my Badlands. The stereo was good (I had a Lariat with the B&O), but Bronco is better with a tad bit of setup. The shocks on the Tremor ended up being its weak point and I blew 2 in about 6 months of ownership. Of course, I used it like it should be used..

The Bronco is better in every way - especially if you off road. Even if you don't, it's more fun around town and way roomier on the inside. The Tremor always felt a little cramped.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And then the next question, will the newly redesigned Ranger built on the same Bronco platform, Look and feel more like a Ranger or a Bronco with a bed? I know which one I'd prefer but I'm betting I'd be wrong.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We tried at my house to switch from pickups a couple of times (gas, size, regular cab issues) to no avail. I still have my regular cab, wife has her crew cab and the dog claimed the Bronco.

At this point My wife and I agree that we don't need the Regular Cab. We just don't want to drive and park are nice vehicles at work due to homeless and vandalism so it stays.
Sponsored