Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would recommend if your heart isn’t in it wait

40-60k for a vehicle that doesn’t light your hair on fire probably isn’t the right choice for you right now

Good luck !

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My only take is what do you want your last ICE to be? If you're good with whatever you're driving now then go for the Hummer.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Supposedly in collaboration with Volkswagen I saw there was an all electric VW badged Bronco on the horizon (22 or 23), but I am not sure.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all the new technological advancements like electric and more,
Getting a simple 2.3 or even 2.7 turbo is just not it
Idk if I should just wait for a plug in hybrid or all- electric bronco,
To be honest, I’m a hummer guy, and the moment they come up with a entry level hummer ev in the $40k range, I know ima regret not waiting. Confused soul here ??‍♂?
I would not wait, a true EV off roader Hummer will never coming in $40k range. They currently start @ 80k. I don’t think they can build a basic smaller version for less than $50k.
If they could have they would have... lot more sales opportunities.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest, I’m a hummer guy, and the moment they come up with a entry level hummer ev in the $40k range, I know ima regret not waiting.
I think the current $80k Hummer is what they consider entry level. And with it not being available until 2024 you will be waiting a long time for a 40k Hummer and I doubt you will ever see one. For comparison, the entry level Mach E is $43k.

edit. @Idiosyncratic beat me to it

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Jeep will have that electric vehicle, but IMO the tech is just not there for an off road/overland vehicle. If it was I would be all in. For now the best bet seems the gas engine. Easier to carry extra gas than extra batteries for a car. I have a pedal assist mountain bike and that thing is fantastic, but I can carry an extra battery in a backpack. Right now I can just see doing a lot of climbing in an electric Jeep or Bronco or a lot of rocks or mud and just eating up a battery in short order.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I am just not understanding electric vehicles in this environment (off roading). You break down or run out of battery your done. Sitting in the woods, just you and the squirrels. Yes, that can happen with a gas but someone could happen by with fuel or maybe the repair you need to make can be done yourself in the field and limp it home. I live in northern California and projects involving EVs come through my office (Civil Eng for the State Gov.) that are in my area. We just now finished installing chargers in our rest areas in rural California to get people from Oregon to Sacramento. If its a mall crawling 4x4 in the city then fine, it will be great. Or maybe in an OHV park with a lot of people around and charging stations in the parking lot. Up where I live where most 4x4 work can be done there is nothing and no one to help.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Supposedly in collaboration with Volkswagen I saw there was an all electric VW badged Bronco on the horizon (22 or 23), but I am not sure.
A new VW Thing??? Hmm or maybe throw the Van body on an electric Bronco chassis!!!

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume it would be hybrid, run out of juice, switch to gas...

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With all the new technological advancements like electric and more,
Getting a simple 2.3 or even 2.7 turbo is just not it
Idk if I should just wait for a plug in hybrid or all- electric bronco,
To be honest, I’m a hummer guy, and the moment they come up with a entry level hummer ev in the $40k range, I know ima regret not waiting. Confused soul here ??‍♂?
Just curious, but what is the motivation for a plug-in or electric vehicle? Are you just into the technology aspect or want to be “green”?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not into running out of battery on top of a mountain.

Do I smell an opportunity...The Jerry Can Battery!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oil prices are on the rise now too with the announcement of the Covid vaccine. ?

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I am just not understanding electric vehicles in this environment (off roading). You break down or run out of battery your done. Sitting in the woods, just you and the squirrels. Yes, that can happen with a gas but someone could happen by with fuel or maybe the repair you need to make can be done yourself in the field and limp it home.
To play devil's advocate, solar panels my friend. Solar panels have more capability than a 5 gallon spare gas can. Yeah you might be sitting there a while and hope for a sunny day. But how do you make gas in the woods; find something to ferment for 5-7 days then break out your portable ethanol still just to produce some ethanol to get home.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No way in hell a 40K EV hummer will ever exist. Electric cars are still a high dollar vehicle. Maybe this will change in 25 years.
Sponsored