Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see the Bronco and Ranger being competitors. Different segments in my opinion.
And yes, the Ranger fold down rear seat is pathetic.
Ford Ranger is now a viable option for the midsize overlander pick-up truck, whereas before they weren't even in the game. Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, Jeep Gladiator, Chevy Colorado Bison, now Ford Ranger Tremor is in the conversation, albeit a little late to the game. Better late than never I suppose.
I just don't see how adding some shocks and slightly bigger tires changes the truck from an overlander non-competitor to competitor. I put a leveling kit ($100) and 32's ($900) and haven't found a place that the Pro/Bison/Gladiator can go that I can't. Even fully stock it's a stout 4x4 and will go anywhere 99% of the owners want to go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give it a decent tow rating while you are at it ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually like the content of this package and availability across the trim lines, like the Sqatch. If I was in the market for a small truck I'd definitely go this route (with graphics delete). If the Squatch is really $5k it's probably a better buy but if the Tremor was offered on a Bronco for $3500 I'd go with it as 35's may be a bit much for me.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thought as well. The Fox shocks can be valved vehicle specific, so may offer a nice ride and good off road performance as well. Different descriptions from Ford have mentioned the SQ package is “stiffer”. All things being equal, I prefer a more compliant ride. If they are adjustable, even better! I saw a new 4dr Rubicon on 35s Saturday and it did look good. Decisions, decisions! It is a truly great time to be alive in the world of SUVs, trucks and cars!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with the tremor package the ranger is just a meh for me. I just don’t think the design has any appeal to me. It’s a fine truck but I think needs many modifications to become a desirable truck in my mind..

yawn ?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scrap the Ranger design language and make the Bronco's answer to the Gladiator!!!
(the Caesar?)

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But if you bought a current-gen Ranger wouldn't you be worried about being jealous when the next gen rolls out soon or when you see a Bronco on the road in a year or the Bronco pickup announced?

I assume current-gen Rangers can be had today for a decent deal, but they are fairly dated and about to look really dated when the next batch of Ford vehicles start appearing on roads...

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody notice the tires are 32” general grabbers? Tread design is similar to the cooper atp’s (I love these things), wonder if it’s the same thing the BD is getting?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do wish they refreshed the interior and exterior. It’s dated looks wise for sure.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This right here would never make me consider the Ranger. Hopefully the next gen will have a rear seat that lays completely flat.

2FE8D091-2E0F-4FBC-BCA7-8BA883EA242C.jpeg
What's wrong with that Ranger? Our ranger doesn't have that problem at all.

Bronco people sure get their panties in a bunch over the rear seat, based on the responses on these forums about rear seat fold-flat. I'm genuinely surprised that Ford hasn't announced Chapter 11 bankruptcy over the lost revenue.

Ford Bronco Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch Truck detailin

Ford Bronco Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch trailer hookup1

Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit annoyed that this Tremor package isn't offered with the Supercab.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco and the Ford Ranger Tremor are not even in the same category, so they really cannot be compared. Yes, the Ranger Tremor is an offroad vehicle with some suspension (if you call 0.8 inch lift an upgrade), tire, and locker upgrades, but that is where the similarities end. The Bronco is an offroad SUV while the Ranger Tremor is a mid-sized pickup that happens to be able to do some offroad stuff. Offroad capabilities differ greatly due to approach, break-over, and departure angles between the vehicles (the Tremor being a lot worse). With the pricing at around $4300 for the Tremor package, and the Sasquatch tentatively being at $5000 for a whole lot more (35in rubber, electronic transfer case, front and rear lockers, 1.2 inch suspension lift, fender flares, and position-sensitive Bilstein shock absorbers), it seems like Ford is raping folks hard for essentially some cool graphics on the side and some minor upgrades. Makes me wonder if Ford priced the Tremor package this aggressively to make us Sasquatchers feel like we're getting a good deal. Maybe they're both priced way too high......

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched a reveal on TFL Trucks for the Ranger Tremor. The pricing is about $4200. I didn’t see all the details, but it sounds similar to the SQ package, less the front axle upgrade and front locker, but adding the Fox podium 2.0 shocks. Seems like the SQ package is pretty well priced in comparison. This does create some internal competition for the Bronco, adding a competitive package to the Toyota TRD Pro and GM midsized equivalents in the midsized truck market too. The Tremor maintains is 7500lb. tow and already considerable Ranger payload rating as well. Does that make anyone consider the Ranger more seriously? I know it does for me.
Not for me! I am ordering a Badlands because of the off road capabilities, (rock crawling to baja). The Tremor seems more like a mid level 4x4 more suited to baja running than rock crawling. It's something to put out there till they come out with a Ranger Raptor.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good looking truck, reminds me of my 86' Ranger 4x4 with the 4' lift and 33' only better, nice, more comfortable and with graphics. So it only reminds me because of the name badge.

I agree this is a practical choice for someone who lives in the city and does not have room for a F150 Rapter.

The name gets me, not sure I like it. Can we start some memes about the Tremor (remember the Nova)?
A girls best friend.
It shakes driving down the road.
The pitch vehicle for the San Jose Earthquakes.
Follows the Rapter around trying to act like its shadow.
An afterthought to the Rapter. (you have to have live through a few earthquakes to understand).

Still I like the look of it and it should be a great 40k entry level truck. Wait, 40k is entry level now. ¡Ay, caramba!

Ford Bronco Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch 1600105783684

Ford Bronco Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch 1600105818463

Ford Bronco Ranger Tremor vs. Sasquatch 1600105930826

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take my money. That stuff is beautiful. Prefer a 92 4.0 5spd.
Sponsored