jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a best man give a speech once in which he warned the groom, "be careful, all little girls grow up wanting a pony...your wife actually got one...good luck with that".

After reading three pages about your quest, all I have left to say is "good luck with that". šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
Thanks for the words of wisdom. But I donā€™t blame her. Who are the little girls exactly? I like many here just dropped 60k on a luxury toy (whether I admit it now or later) and want to keep it to myself. Matching the budget for a standout cool family truckster by comparison is understandable. Iā€™m 10x more particular about my vehicles than she is.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's good to know. Maybe i will cross the atlas off. As for the model x, our search started there. But given our mileage usage (5k/yr), its difficult to get behind paying a premium on an electric, or hybrid for that matter....The only thing that is standing out would be the 2022 GX (with updated infotainment, apple/android, black pack), that would make her happy and my wallet happy. Another option is the GLE, although it's starting to stretch the costs (lease isnt great, and need to wait on CPOs to come down).
2021 Land Cruiser
The last one . Looks great.

CPO E65 Wagon

A6Allroad or RS6 Wagon

Audi RSQ8

ball out, your wife would have all the enthusiasts checking out her ā€¦ride.

ps didnā€™t you swear off the Bronco months ago? (May have been someone else)

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the words of wisdom. But I donā€™t blame her. Who are the little girls exactly? I like many here just dropped 60k on a luxury toy (whether I admit it now or later) and want to keep it to myself. Matching the budget for a standout cool family truckster by comparison is understandable. Iā€™m 10x more particular about my vehicles than she is.
cool. best of luck with your search.šŸ™‚

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what itā€™s worth, my wife has had Denali, LR3 (2x), LR4, X5M, and is now on her 3rd LC 200 Land Cruiser. She is super picky and this 2021 is IDENTICAL to the 2017 and 2019 LC she had. She loves them. Terrible gas mileage, but tons of room. Quite a few of them here in Fredericksburg, but she always has the only silver one. Of all the SUVs that she has owned, these have been the most trouble free and very little depreciation.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didnt even discuss a lease....i think they've gotten even worse. Although i would definitely inquire about the lease at a later date. and yes, two trucks getting ~15 mpg mixed real world will not be fun. Although we drive <10k miles a year (in aggregate between the two vehicles).
If YoU wAnT mPg GeT a PrIuS aNd iF yOu CaNt BuY iT fOr CaSh YoU cAnT aFfOrD iT
Oops sorry wrong threads

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you are asking CPO and SUV, but I kind of like the new Sienna Hybrid. 36mpg, and so much more room than my current 2018 Wrangler or my wife 2019 MDX Hybrid. I never thought about having a van until a recently trip with 2 other families who own a van.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't even imagine how was the process of your wife to choose you as a husband.

Not to mention a wall color for the house! WOW!

Edit: Now I feel lucky about having a simple life.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh - your 40-lb dog slobbering all over new Bronco interior ? - No !!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
2021 Land Cruiser
The last one . Looks great.

CPO E65 Wagon

A6Allroad or RS6 Wagon

Audi RSQ8

ball out, your wife would have all the enthusiasts checking out her ā€¦ride.

ps didnā€™t you swear off the Bronco months ago?
nice list

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lincoln Corsair. Not as big as the Aviator but has the same lines and glass covered D pillar.
Or better yet, a Nautilus. I looked at them, but the Aviator was more appealing to me.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Telluride - Found a place with no mark up. 5-6 mos wait. Feedback was 1000% no on Kia, even though it looked great to me SX loaded night pack...tracked down a GLE AMG night pack, 66.7k. Good lease should be $700/mo with tax a title out of pocket. They quoted me $945/mo with $4,200 out of pocket, 7.5k miles. Which is HORRIBLE. If leasing is out, it sounds like there is little sense to go new. And instead of waiting 5-6 months to order, I might as well wait 5-6 months for the CPO market to cool down and snatch up a CPO, and finance. whatever that vehicle may be.
Your search starting point was a minimum of 40 cubic ft of space behind the second row. You keep bring up the GLE but it has 33 cubic ft behind the second row and 75 cubic ft with all rows down, which is almost identical to a 4 door Bronco. You ruled out the X5 because of cargo space but it's almost identical to the GLE too....

It sounds like you are being just as indecisive on what you want as your wife šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Really hope that GX works out because if not, seriously, good luck šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying to get to bottom of that. Some sources say up to 38 cu ft others say 33. But seems like obtaining it is tricky between poor leases and 2020 refresh for CPO market

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jaguar Looks pretty nice... granted Iā€™ve never been in one, so I have no idea of anything about them. However, my neighbor is driving one and she looks pretty hot... lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.