jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disco was ruled out initially but I could probably pull back in at this spec. Slightly bigger than GX and maybe not the easiest for dense traffic. But I’m a HUGE fan

maybe slightly newer than this example…with extended warranty. I see this as a good alternative to GX for a 2.5 row. Completely different beast from a cost to own perspective though

https://www.carmax.com/cars/preview...6--hKPWJhmh1kquiqFYaAiZYEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

so similar to this but say a 2019/20 with ~20k miles.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or better yet, a Nautilus. I looked at them, but the Aviator was more appealing to me.
I looked at the Nautilis last year but the interior was dated and due for a refresh. Not sure if they got one this year or not. The Corsair is smaller but looks a lot better. I would have said Aviator but OP said it was to big.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks guys. I guess we need to check out some of these in person. I really wish it was as easy as just dropping off my S60 lease w/ an early return at the dealer and going home in a decently leased XC90. Would make life so much easier. I would also love to just place an order on a blacked out Telluride now and get in in January at sticker...Will try to sit in a few of these. Shortlist (at least for me) is GX, Disco, Telluride, GLE, X5, XC90. Let's see where that leaves us, although I think a few of these on paper wont work, such as X5 and maybe GLE. Hard to say whats too big, since she's 5-2

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sporty, not too big, not too small, not a cop car...

Flex EcoBoost 😎.
All the fun of the Explorer Sport with none of that pesky "offroad" nonsense.

Only big downside is they'll be used and Ford never offered lanekeeping / emergency braking. Just adaptive cruise.

---

Rented a 2021 Suburban Premier recently. Huge, floaty, vision camera was broken. The 360 Camera was brilliant but it's insane that this huge soccer-mom-mobile didn't have adjustable pedals. Definitely watch out for that if your wife is short. GM reserves that basic feature for the $$$Denali$$$ trim.

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When we faced this decision we went a different direction….. Neither my wife, nor I wanted to drive a SUV (Minivan was never an option) when the kids came along but we needed one to pull the boat and haul all the kids stuff on weekend trips to the grandparents. So we bought a used Tahoe that became our third vehicle. She’s had multiple sport sedans over the years which are way more fun to drive than any minivan or SUV.

Sticking with your 2 vehicle strategy though…Nobody has mentioned a Grand Cherokee. One friend has a murdered out black one that looks good and another has the Trackhawk version. I also like the GX though.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I looked at the Nautilis last year but the interior was dated and due for a refresh. Not sure if they got one this year or not. The Corsair is smaller but looks a lot better. I would have said Aviator but OP said it was to big.
Nautilus got a nice interior refresh. You wouldn't know it's the same model as last years.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was in a similar situation with my wife. She's an high earner and likes nice things. We extended the lease on her Jaguar XE First Edition last September hoping inventory levels would improve. In February there was still no inventory so I started looking at used vehicles which we never buy. We always get new. I was tired of the damage to the lower front end every time she parked and also tired of the curb rash and damaged tires from her bad parking so I talked her into a suv for the first time. Her previous cars have been the Jaguar XE, Maserati Ghibli, and several BMW 750's which all have expensive wheels and tires.

I found a 2018 Jaguar F-Pace R sport that was CPO certified and we love it! It's hard loaded with every available option and was almost half the price as new. The best part is 5 year 60k warranty that covers all maintenance. The CPO extends that to 7 years and 100K miles. It sits up higher but still rides really well. We'll keep it until new cars start arriving at the dealerships and then give it to one of our daughters. One of the best car purchases I've ever made.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@StyleGuy wow, this has great driving reviews. Cargo is pretty small though @ 31. it looks like 2019 off-lease R Sports w/ mid 20k miles are asking ~$47k CPO. Well equipped new (which have improved infotainment) are $68k. Assuming 50-55% residual, that lease buy out would be $34-37k, so a solid $10k+ difference to CPO asking. I wouldnt be surprised if they were sub $40k 4 months ago. You said you got yours almost half the cost of new...

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StyleGuy wow, this has great driving reviews. Cargo is pretty small though @ 31. it looks like 2019 off-lease R Sports w/ mid 20k miles are asking ~$47k CPO. Well equipped new (which have improved infotainment) are $68k. Assuming 50-55% residual, that lease buy out would be $34-37k, so a solid $10k+ difference to CPO asking. I wouldnt be surprised if they were sub $40k 4 months ago. You said you got yours almost half the cost of new...
I paid $38,500 with 41K miles. MSRP was just over $70K. I still can't believe the deal I got. I worked the deal for a few weeks and they finally said come get it. It's in absolutely mint condition. It drives like a sports car with more ground clearance. Small cargo capacity is the only downfall. We're now a family of 3 and it works well for us. I also have a Yukon Denali XL if we need to bring the entire family. The backseat is very comfortable with heated seats. I think its the same chassis as the Range Rover Velar. I got the supercharged v6 and its a must for me. The second Jaguar I've had with it . It rips!

The 2021 has an updated body and a far better interior, very RR like. I priced a new one out like mine and MSRP would have been over $80k. Jaguars are great to buy off lease because they depreciate hard and still have a great warranty left.

b99bcc2d98c289932017d78fa2974cc5x - Copy.jpg

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Came up short chasing down GLE AMG night packs. Every time I called a dealer they said the car sold only a day or two prior. Those that did have inventory only had them because they had a 5k mark up and were unwilling to budge. X5 we hated in person.

CPO pricing sucks and leases suck. And MB and BMW maintenance kind of scared me anyway.

wife finally okayed (kind of) a XC90 but only with the R design in a black interior and dark exterior. Frankly I wouldn’t want an XC90 without some differentiating package either as they are super popular here.

What I learned is the R Design package for 2022s and on are limited to the expensive T8 engine. I searched high and low for 2021s T6s. Everything had a blonde interior or a bad exterior color. Enter savile gray. This color was dropped years ago and brought back recently due to popular demand. It’s a dark gunmetal. Darkest you could go while still contrasting the R design black grille and bumper and other parts. Two were left in the eastern seaboard. One 10 miles away that sold hours before I called and the other 1,000 miles away that was available. Signed the papers quickly. They are shipping it in a couple days.

has a similar combo to my AMB OBX sas which I love. Almost black with black bits. Hopefully it’s enough to stand out in the crowd of XC90s

photos below - not mine. Same wheel design but in 20s not 22s. Marked down 4K since it was a 2021. Seemed like a no brainer even with shipping costs.

Ford Bronco Help picking out family SUV DCD3249D-D315-49AF-BF23-6C3AEA93BFB9

Ford Bronco Help picking out family SUV 963F9751-83B0-4FEA-9A19-7B4A4F740A8F

Ford Bronco Help picking out family SUV DF431C2A-54C9-441C-A9D6-BCF47C2A4B8F

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad you finally found a soccer mom car she liked. I think it looks pretty sharp.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reading what you're looking at I can say my recommendations of an economy car are useless... So I have a 2 yr old and an 11. Plus two ankle biters. My wife has a Mazda 6 and I have a jku. Both cars get crammed. But that okay we are small people. The wife wants a third row vehicle. Me nah I want a jk/jl or bronco. We test drove a Chevy traverse. Nice car.. And the gmc Acadia is literally the same thing. Just nicer

Although, I just saw jeep grand Cherokee L... Build one of those and see how you like it.. Third row, 19 speakers, hud nav, heat cam for night time driving, internal cameras and inside cabin active noise cancelation.. That car is insane.. If that's not enough look at the grand wagonnier. Plenty of options out there.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-2022 GX460 (they are updating the tech for 2022, which is the biggest element of this being a dinosaur. Understood this is a super old platform. She said she likes this truck. It will also be available with a night pack for 2022. MPG poor, but the size and price are perfect.
Done.

She decides what she drives. All you can hope for is to provide her with some incite.

Lexus drives like Lexus. They give Great service at the dealerships we go to. Loaners available when the vehicle is serviced. Dependable car. Oil changes can be little more expensive than basic Toyota/Gmc/ford etc.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love our 2021 GLE. Maybe splurge and go for the GLE 53/63.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.