Sponsored

HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer?

Deleted member 3063

my dealer would have called me and started the repair almost immediately. Depending on where you live it may even be illegal to deliver a truck in that unsafe condition.
Let them replace, repair, caibrate and then inspect before you sign. No point fussing about what you cannot change. If you decide to walk the vultures will be circling.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We would all be surprised to find out how often something like this happens and it is repaired before delivery without anyone knowing.
All the time, depending on the vehicle, I know my GT500 had carrier damage from a rock because they loaded in the wrong place and rather than fix it I left it because of the rarity of the car. Itā€™s a badge of honor for peopleā€™s laziness. Itā€™s a windshield, which is designed to be replaced, and letā€™s be honest MAP employees arenā€™t nuclear technicians. These things are designed to be fairly simple to assemble.

BroncoBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW! That looks very unfortunate and I am concerned for you! Sorry to see that!

I am assuming here, but it looks like an error by the transport team and perhaps they hit something like a large tree branch. Having a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU that is driven carefully, I have had 4 windshields replaced now within 59k miles and each one did not look anywhere near this bad.

Your post reminds me of a big concern I have for the possibility of frequent windshield replacements on this Bronco.

To share, below are a couple pics, one is from a Bronco Outer Banks at the dealer showcase a few weeks back. I was taking pictures of the B&O speakers and realized a crack in the windshield. Hairline crack but wondering how it got there, looks to be from a rock.

The second image is from my Wrangler JLU 4th damaged windshield, a rock hit just at the top of the glass where it meets the frame, no body damage occurred. I was at least 8 car lengths back when this one hit and driving around 65mph on highway. Nothing like your damage so I assume yours was hit by something other than a rock.

Anyway, best of luck with a resolution and congrats on getting this far in the Bronco order!!

Ford Bronco HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer? 1627661621133

Ford Bronco HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer? 1627662023392

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Donā€™t sign anything. They have to replace the windshield to sell it. Make sure they use OEM glass and do any camera calibrations. Also have them fix and paint the chipped frame. Then after repair look it over, if your happy your Bronco is waiting for you to sign and take it home.

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My bronco was delivered to my dealer yesterday - YEAH!

However, it showed up with a cracked windshield - see attached.

They can have their body shop replace it - but is there any risk / issue I should also be aware of with this resolution? Any help suggestions would be huge help
Ford Bronco HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer? 1627662023392
In CT? what dealer? Looks like chains from the car being hauled above it

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Makes you wonder why they ship vehicles unprotected, I've seen Audis and VW on the backs of trucks all cocooned up in plastic. At least that protects it until it gets to the dealer.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Windshields are easy to do. Don't have any worries about the after quality. Make sure you inspect the surrounding area for impact to paint though.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have not taken delivery and signed paperwork, its still the dealerships issue. Let them fix it. Vehicles come in all the time dinged and scratched and have to go to have PDR or bodyshop work done before they hit the lot. Its no big deal man.

I bought a ZL1 Camaro once that had a major dent in the door, the dealership had it PDR'd after i signed paperwork. couldn't even tell.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Especially the window frame, because the customer is looking at body repair and repaint on a brand new vehicle.
Meh.

I bought a new Toyota pickup long ago (1987ish). Only one in the region in the color I wanted. When I went to make the purchase it had a small dent and paint damage to the left front fender. Put it on the due bill and had it fixed a few weeks later while on vacation. Could never tell it had been touched.

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell them you do not want a volume installer replacing it. My friend does high end glass replacement for a premium. Being exceptionally careful, and performing a factory like install takes time. Most shops want to turn it over quickly.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who as ever worked at a dealership knows a number of vehicles come in bumped and bruised. The consumer just never thinks to ask about it. There is no question the repairs will be made with Ford parts and carried out to the same build quality of the factory. People act like these things are sealed from the factory and any light touch will let the originality evaporate and the vehicle will cease to exist. If you think it will get delivered less than perfect then you have an exceedingly poor dealership on your hands.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The consumer just never thinks to ask about it
Not that dealerships are obligated to report any damage that was sustained and repaired prior to purchase even if a customer were to askā€¦

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
An accident that I get into is one thing. But taking delivery of a brand new vehicle that already had some mishap, with broken windshield and possibly scraped/dented windshield frame? That would not make me happy. Especially the window frame, because the customer is looking at body repair and repaint on a brand new vehicle.
If you have ever bought a vehicle made overseas and think they don't sometimes arrive with damage, then...
Sponsored