Help! Dealer refusing to transfer title

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not new, that has been around for a long time, it has also been documented on the MCA side as a requirement to be a member of MCA for 90 day min to get access to the Xplan stuff.
Is it 90 days prior to an order being placed, or 90 days prior to the contract being signed and money changing hands?
Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I needed, thankyou.
And then.... tell them you hope birds have stomach problems as they fly over the dealership.

OP
OP

archer87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people including broncobase1 have questioned my integrity. That'll always happen, there's always going to be contrarians and simps, but when considering whether I'm a 'reliable narrator' please ask yourself this:
- Did I name the dealership? (no)
- Have I ever named the dealership that I bought from on this forum? (no)
- Did I disclose enough information to figure out what dealership it is? (no)
- Did I ask anybody here to do anything, other than give advice? like calling the dealership, review bombing, or discouraging people from going to this particular dealer? (no)

Some people have made a fuss that I didn't have "proof" of this. What proof would you like? I got a phone call at 6pm while grocery shopping from a person whom I had up until that point trusted, I had no reason to record that call. To those expecting proof - do you record all your calls? even from people you trust? What other proof do you imagine I might have? do you think the dealership would be stupid enough to write an email clearly laying out their extortion? Of course not.

What was I hoping for at 1am when I made this thread? I was hoping for a bit of advice on fixing this situation. Perhaps somebody would have said "call this number, its the Ford corporate hotline for complaints against dealers" or maybe somebody could connect me with a person at Ford corporate who could help, or maybe somebody has experienced this before and could help me navigate it...

I got what I needed from here. To those of you who helped, thank you.
I also seem to be getting what I need from the dealership, now that I'm in contact with their Sales Director, so that too is a good thing.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some people including broncobase1 have questioned my integrity. That'll always happen, there's always going to be contrarians and simps, but when considering whether I'm a 'reliable narrator' please ask yourself this:
- Did I name the dealership? (no)
- Have I ever named the dealership that I bought from on this forum? (no)
- Did I disclose enough information to figure out what dealership it is? (no)
- Did I ask anybody here to do anything, other than give advice? like calling the dealership, review bombing, or discouraging people from going to this particular dealer? (no)

Some people have made a fuss that I didn't have "proof" of this. What proof would you like? I got a phone call at 6pm while grocery shopping from a person whom I had up until that point trusted, I had no reason to record that call. To those expecting proof - do you record all your calls? even from people you trust? What other proof do you imagine I might have? do you think the dealership would be stupid enough to write an email clearly laying out their extortion? Of course not.

What was I hoping for at 1am when I made this thread? I was hoping for a bit of advice on fixing this situation. Perhaps somebody would have said "call this number, its the Ford corporate hotline for complaints against dealers" or maybe somebody could connect me with a person at Ford corporate who could help, or maybe somebody has experienced this before and could help me navigate it...

I got what I needed from here. To those of you who helped, thank you.
I also seem to be getting what I need from the dealership, now that I'm in contact with their Sales Director, so that too is a good thing.
Sometimes you have to sift through the the garbage to find what you're looking for. I think in this case you had plenty of solid advice. Don't let the few who questioned you wipe that all away. Just let them live on, you aren't going to change them. They'll either figure it out someday or they'll just continue questioning everyone's motives vs having some faith in humanity.

Glad you're getting it figured out though. That's all that matters. Enjoy the weekend.

Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Advocating for the OP to lie abut the x-plan and the nature of the sale is terrible advice. Especially when you expect the denial to result in two people being terminated.
I am not advocating for any one to be fired. They did that to themselves for failing to follow Ford and dealership protocols and requirements. That is how sales people and finance people get fired at dealerships. Fact of business life at dealerships.

You are assuming so much and were never a party to the conversations. Who knows what was and wasn't said, particularly to someone new to the US dealership culture. Who knows what was verbally represented, and if it was understood by either party.

If the dealership gave him the pricing, signed the contract, and let him drive off the lot, then they gave him attractive pricing without any further obligation. Period. End of conversation. If something was still expected, it would be written on the Due Bill. Nothing is being said of that, so I presume there is none. I am taking the legal perspective of what is evidenced by the documentation. That is what will show up in court and Ford's dealership admin offices. If they submit it without the required plan information, Ford dealer management are going to be calling the GM. And when the owner gets the quarterly dealership report, you think he will be happy about this?

The OP doesn't have to be nice to these people. They are screwing him over because they f'd up. He owes them nothing. They owe him his plates. It's pretty black and white. There are good dealerships with bad people, and bad dealerships with bad people. Both are responsible for their people. Too bad for them they have to learn how to manage them. It's not the customer's responsibility. This dealership has earned their hand slap. And the wake up call.

So take the self righteousness somewhere else.

Last edited:

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought my Bronco in mid January and have been waiting to get my plates from the dealership since then. Today I was told that they are refusing the transfer the title because X Plan want more documentation from me/the dealership before paying out the X Plan side of it to the dealer.

To be clear:
- I’ve signed a purchase contract.
- Given them my trade in vehicle
- Taken the new Bronco and put 1100 miles on it.
- Seen the auto loan in my online banking and made the first payment.

I’ve sent them the proof of employment that they’ve demanded but I feel like they’re extorting me, refusing to transfer title on a vehicle which I’ve paid for. I’m also worried that they’ll continue dragging this out or even try to repossess the vehicle, or demand more money from me.

I want to bring this to the attention to Ford corporate. I called their hotline today and got a very weak response (they’re putting a complaint to the dealer GM)… does anybody have any contacts or advice on who to talk to at Ford?
Depending on your State, there may be a law this addresses this situation. If you are in GA, there is definitely a law on it.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then, Fourth - File a complaint with the TX Better Business Bureau.
The BBB has zero power over anything. It's literally Yelp for boomers. They somehow scammed the public into thinking they are a legit bureau of some sort.

So, don't bother with that one. Just leave reviews on google and yelp.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When was the Bronco part of Xplan? I checked occasionally and when it was there, it was listed as not available for Bronco, then subsequently removed from the Vehicle & Pricing page and is currently still not listed.
Bronco Sport has been there a while.
Hopefully you get it sorted! 🍻

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can we see the proof of employment. Did you meet all the requirements for the plan at the time of purchase?
When you signed is what matters, not now.

I feel there is not her portion of this story that is not in this thread.

Extortion usually involves Money. They're just asking for some paperwork/documents? Why cause yourself so much stress fighting it?
You need to read more closely then.

They're asking for me to provide another copy of my proof of employment as a means of verifying X Plan eligibility.

I provided this during the sale process before getting the car.
I provided this again about 4 hours after the request last night.

Bottom line:
- I have the car in my posession.
- They have my trade in car.
- My loan has been executed and the funds distributed.
- I have a sale contract.
- Despite all of this the dealer is refusing to either title it or provide the plates (I suspect its title it, because I did a search on the VIN last night and there's no ownership/title info on record).

As for my comment about more money - what I suspect is that they're holding off titling the vehicle because of a dispute between the dealership and X Plan, and that if X Plan refuse to pay the dealership then the dealership will demand more money from me.

OP
OP

archer87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can we see the proof of employment. Did you meet all the requirements for the plan at the time of purchase?
When you signed is what matters, not now.

I feel there is not her portion of this story that is not in this thread.
The proof of employment that I shared with the dealer was my most recent pay statement. Do you really think I'm going to share that on a public forum just to back up a story?

And lets say I did, what then?

Be realistic.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well.., I’ve never done x-plan but I would think proof of employment is only required if you are claiming employment at an eligible employer

If you are claiming eligibility because of a club membership, I don’t see how it applies
Sponsored