First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, I flew to pickup my Bronco several states away as it was nearly exactly what I was looking for with model/options. When I picked it up, there was a cheap plastic air deflector installed on the front of the hood (the type held on with 3M tape). I figured when I got it home I'd remove it, no big deal.

I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

We tried to get Ford touchup paint in that model, but every dealer within 100 miles was out of stock saying it was "impossible to get" (yet another reason for dealer to install deflector).

When confronted with all of this, the dealer requested a quote from a body shop to repair and they would pay the bill. I should mention, they charged me 5k over sticker due to some term I forget, but basically they're hard to come by so pay a premium.

To say I'm livid is an understatement. Before I get into it with the dealer, I was hoping to get a bit of info:

1. A cheap plastic air deflector is not a factory option, this is something only the dealer adds, correct?
2. There was no air deflector on the sticker, or anywhere in the paperwork. Dealers "never" throw in things for free, correct?
3. Has anyone seen a Bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?

Ford Bronco Need Help Fighting Dealer 71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002)
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't see an air deflector...
It was there and they took it off (hence the double stick tape)... under the deflector was that paint chip.

You are probably not going to get what you want. How are they supposed to know that the chip didn't happen when the deflector was taken off. You already got taken advantage of by paying MSRP. cut your losses and go to your local competent body shop and get it fixed properly.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Situation sucks…. But seems like they said they will pay for it and take care of it so nothing more to really fight about?

and to answer one of your questions, yes that deflector is an add on and does not come factory.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are they supposed to know that the chip didn't happen when the deflector was taken off. You already got taken advantage of by paying MSRP. cut your losses and go to your local competent body shop and get it fixed properly.
Before I read the full post from the OP, I thought it had occurred from removing the hood deflector as well. It's going to be difficult to prove one way or another unfortunately.

The hood deflectors are a dealer installed option, however when I asked my dealership to install mine they fed me a bunch of BS that they don't install them because then they're liable if they fly off and cause damage and the 3M tape is garbage blah blah blah. Essentially they just didn't want to do it.

If the dealership is looking for a quote from a bodyshop to fix it, get it for them and see what happens. I would just order the touch up paint and whenever it arrives, it arrives.

Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was there and they took it off (hence the double stick tape)... under the deflector was that paint chip.

You are probably not going to get what you want. How are they supposed to know that the chip didn't happen when the deflector was taken off. You already got taken advantage of by paying MSRP. cut your losses and go to your local competent body shop and get it fixed properly.
He asked "has anyone seen a bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?"

There is a ford optional hood protector/deflector but I couldn't say how its attached, but it does look cheap and is made of plastic.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the dealer is willing to pay for the repairs, what's the big deal? Yeah, it's an inconvenience, but slow down. The dealer could've played dumb and told you to buzz off, but it appears they're trying to make right?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IDK i'd sell it man. But seems like the dealer is willing to pay for a repair so I guess delete this post and move on

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well as someone that works with Paint protection, if you use touch up paint you will still see the affected area. Only way to fix it and make it look like there isn’t contamination under the film is to have the paint fixed by a shop.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or order a Dr. Color Chip kit and move on with your life.

Somehow I ended up with a strange scratch/ding on the hood of my '19 F150 when it was new and had less than 500 miles on it. Probably a parking lot thing. I touched it up and installed one of those cheap deflectors (GTS), and I'm glad I did because Ford's paint is trash and chips easily. But the front of my hood looks great. Funny part is I pondered a deflector the day I bought the truck....

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, I flew to pickup my Bronco several states away as it was nearly exactly what I was looking for with model/options. When I picked it up, there was a cheap plastic air deflector installed on the front of the hood (the type held on with 3M tape). I figured when I got it home I'd remove it, no big deal.

I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

We tried to get Ford touchup paint in that model, but every dealer within 100 miles was out of stock saying it was "impossible to get" (yet another reason for dealer to install deflector).

When confronted with all of this, the dealer requested a quote from a body shop to repair and they would pay the bill. I should mention, they charged me 5k over sticker due to some term I forget, but basically they're hard to come by so pay a premium.

To say I'm livid is an understatement. Before I get into it with the dealer, I was hoping to get a bit of info:

1. A cheap plastic air deflector is not a factory option, this is something only the dealer adds, correct?
2. There was no air deflector on the sticker, or anywhere in the paperwork. Dealers "never" throw in things for free, correct?
3. Has anyone seen a Bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?

71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002).jpg
No Broncos come with air deflectors.

It’s an after market option on Ford’s accessories section or independent suppliers. The buyer puts it on or a dealer could. Either way it’s not an option to select when you’re building a Bronco online or buying off a lot.

It will be hard to determine how that scratch got there and/or if in fact someone was trying to hide it.

It’s also called body armour. You can get other PVC pieces with 3M tape to cover different corners of the truck. All AFTER market/accessory items through Ford or independent suppliers.

But I agree with others. If the dealer is willing to fix it, then let them without confrontation.

They could have easily said no and walked. The short of it is, you have to go back to the dealership. They are your point of contact.

Don’t burn that ridge.

~Reese

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer willing to pay for it, so get it done. If you’re livid now, wait until you get more chips and broken windshields. It’s unavoidable. Your driving a shoe box, better get used to it.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think they covered up that chip with the air deflector.

That is disappointing... A good dealer would have just fixed it, no questions asked the second it was noticed on the lot.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The stock paint chips very easily. My first chip off-road I about fainted. Now I’m use to it. 🙂
Agreed! I had a Whippled 2006 Mustang in Tungsten Gray that I sold for mod $ when I bought the Bronco... That paint was solid and had 0 chips over 17 years and a lot of go-fast miles... I've already had 2 on the Bronco in 8 months! Luckily I found some CG touch-up paint at my local dealer...wet sanded and buffed it out .
Sponsored