Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP here, just thought I'd clarify after reading the comments.

I know my Bronco is going to get dings, dents, scratches... what has me livid is that the dealer willfully deceived me about a defect in the vehicle.

Their online advertised price included the markup over sticker, it was fully disclosed, so it was my choice to pay it, i.e. they didn't spring it on me at the last second. Had I showed up to pick up the Bronco and a huge chip was in the hood, I would have refused pickup until it was fixed, or I had a resolution in writing.

They hid the defect which in my opinion, they don't get forgiven for that by simply paying for the repair.

I've sent my offer to the dealer to resolve this. It includes on my part a General Release of Liability and a Non-Disclosure Agreement, so if you don't see any follow-ups from me, it means it went well. If not, I'll share all the details.
I can't stand when dealerships do shady shit, but damn, it's just a chip. You're talking about NDA's and release of liability. I wish I had that kind of time in my life. Then again if I did, I surley wouldn't waste it on something so small.

You should buy an ADV hood. Yes, if you settle with them, use the cash to buy an aftermarket hood.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know my Bronco is going to get dings, dents, scratches... what has me livid is that the dealer willfully deceived me about a defect in the vehicle.

Their online advertised price included the markup over sticker, it was fully disclosed, so it was my choice to pay it, i.e. they didn't spring it on me at the last second. Had I showed up to pick up the Bronco and a huge chip was in the hood, I would have refused pickup until it was fixed, or I had a resolution in writing.

They hid the defect which in my opinion, they don't get forgiven for that by simply paying for the repair.

I've sent my offer to the dealer to resolve this. It includes on my part a General Release of Liability and a Non-Disclosure Agreement, so if you don't see any follow-ups from me, it means it went well. If not, I'll share all the details.
Just take their offer to fix it. It seems like you are trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don’t get it.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should be more angry at yourself for paying over MSRP...

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the concern if dealer is offering to pay for it? Ford/the dealer installing the guard is not proof they were hiding a scratch. There is also no way to prove (you) or the film shop didn't scratch it. I'd get a repair quote and take the dealer's offer.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, I flew to pickup my Bronco several states away as it was nearly exactly what I was looking for with model/options. When I picked it up, there was a cheap plastic air deflector installed on the front of the hood (the type held on with 3M tape). I figured when I got it home I'd remove it, no big deal.

I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

We tried to get Ford touchup paint in that model, but every dealer within 100 miles was out of stock saying it was "impossible to get" (yet another reason for dealer to install deflector).

When confronted with all of this, the dealer requested a quote from a body shop to repair and they would pay the bill. I should mention, they charged me 5k over sticker due to some term I forget, but basically they're hard to come by so pay a premium.

To say I'm livid is an understatement. Before I get into it with the dealer, I was hoping to get a bit of info:

1. A cheap plastic air deflector is not a factory option, this is something only the dealer adds, correct?
2. There was no air deflector on the sticker, or anywhere in the paperwork. Dealers "never" throw in things for free, correct?
3. Has anyone seen a Bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?

71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002).jpg

I don't understand the question....as it really doesn't matter if the dealer is fixing it.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This thread has the makings of a classic.
I was thinking that too. OP is kind of new to the site / game. He better make it a pavement princess, he’ll never be able to stomach the damage you get off roading. Forget chips, how about stuff getting ripped off, LOL.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002).jpg
Looks like the paint scraper they shoved down between the hood and deflector to get the tape to turn loose took a chunk of the paint out . Why so quick to blame the dealership and not question the wrap shop ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All this over a chip the dealer said they’d fix? It’s nothing. Get it fixed. Let the dealer pay. Life is difficult enough without purposely making it harder.
Makes me wonder how you handle real adversity.

Get it fixed. Move on.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just because we don’t hear any follow-ups from you doesn’t mean it went well. Rumor has it the same thing happened to Epstein and we haven’t seen him since! Get yourself a trunk monkey my friend.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've sent my offer to the dealer to resolve this. It includes on my part a General Release of Liability and a Non-Disclosure Agreement,
:ROFLMAO: It's a paint chip that you can't prove that it wasn't the wrap company when they pried off the hood deflector. The dealer is being gracious in offering to pay for the chip. Are you actually trying to claw back some of the ADM as remuneration for the paint chip? If so, this isn't going to end well for you.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just because we don’t hear any follow-ups from you doesn’t mean it went well. Rumor has it the same thing happened to Epstein and we haven’t seen him since! Get yourself a trunk monkey my friend.
Love the trunk monkey!!!

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Huh ?

Their lawyer is going to tell you to pound sand. You have provided zero evidence that the dealer caused this. It sounds like they are doing the right thing by repairing it. I’m confused why you are upset about this.