Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is the perfect example of why I love online car forums.
zf74dovssg6fhm5fm371aj7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

And why I hate dealing with the public.
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the used the air deflector to hide the chip plain and simple
explain you will use multi media and give them a bad review if they dont fix this issue
if they dont then contact ford use media and give bad review
then they will either offer take bad survey off and they will fix or tell you f off lol
The dealer is offering to pay to have the chip fixed...the OP was told to get an estimate and they would pay for it.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all, it’s not an air deflector, but a hood protector. It is a Ford OEM accessory. As far as the rock chip, dealer should have fixed it or disclosed it. You could order a can of a touch up paint from a paint shop.
Long story short, I flew to pickup my Bronco several states away as it was nearly exactly what I was looking for with model/options. When I picked it up, there was a cheap plastic air deflector installed on the front of the hood (the type held on with 3M tape). I figured when I got it home I'd remove it, no big deal.

I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

We tried to get Ford touchup paint in that model, but every dealer within 100 miles was out of stock saying it was "impossible to get" (yet another reason for dealer to install deflector).

When confronted with all of this, the dealer requested a quote from a body shop to repair and they would pay the bill. I should mention, they charged me 5k over sticker due to some term I forget, but basically they're hard to come by so pay a premium.

To say I'm livid is an understatement. Before I get into it with the dealer, I was hoping to get a bit of info:

1. A cheap plastic air deflector is not a factory option, this is something only the dealer adds, correct?
2. There was no air deflector on the sticker, or anywhere in the paperwork. Dealers "never" throw in things for free, correct?
3. Has anyone seen a Bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?

71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002).jpg
Long story short, I flew to pickup my Bronco several states away as it was nearly exactly what I was looking for with model/options. When I picked it up, there was a cheap plastic air deflector installed on the front of the hood (the type held on with 3M tape). I figured when I got it home I'd remove it, no big deal.

I got home and decided to get a stealth PPF wrap. The company doing the wrap offered to take the deflector off when they performed the wrap. They then texted me the large chip in the hood that the deflector was hiding.

We tried to get Ford touchup paint in that model, but every dealer within 100 miles was out of stock saying it was "impossible to get" (yet another reason for dealer to install deflector).

When confronted with all of this, the dealer requested a quote from a body shop to repair and they would pay the bill. I should mention, they charged me 5k over sticker due to some term I forget, but basically they're hard to come by so pay a premium.

To say I'm livid is an understatement. Before I get into it with the dealer, I was hoping to get a bit of info:

1. A cheap plastic air deflector is not a factory option, this is something only the dealer adds, correct?
2. There was no air deflector on the sticker, or anywhere in the paperwork. Dealers "never" throw in things for free, correct?
3. Has anyone seen a Bronco on a lot with this air deflector installed?

71528503094__F07E62D4-0C67-49EA-AC8E-90F8ABFFD230 (002).jpg

Fordhammer

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're OCD is causing you to look at this all wrong. My EIO condition helped me realize what happened. When the person who ordered the Bronco came to pick it up and saw that awful hood damage, he refused the vehicle. It then fell into your hands, so be thankful for that chip.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you legit have OCD, then it sounds like your OCD is getting in the way of accepting the easy win and just getting it fixed. Talk to your therapist about this, because getting lost in the weeds is not helping you.

My advice here is based on the fact that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once and is not intended to be professional advice.
^^ This. ^^

Print out this thread and discuss it with your Therapist. By your own admission your OCD is interfering with your ability to interact with society in a normal and proper way.

I genuinely wish you luck with your struggles.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the dealer is willing to pay for the repairs, what's the big deal? Yeah, it's an inconvenience, but slow down. The dealer could've played dumb and told you to buzz off, but it appears they're trying to make right?
“Make right” after up charging him for the sale and trying to cover the chip with a cheap deflector.
Sponsored