Sponsored

HELP-- Wiring LEDs To Upfitters with Relay Harness?

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Essentially I got LED pods that I want to connect directly to the AUX switches. They have 2 modes, Amber and white so its a 3 way switch. I don't want to use the provided switch on the harness (which also has another fuse+relay attached). Anyone have a clue I can install these? Pics of harness added
Ford Bronco HELP-- Wiring LEDs To Upfitters with Relay Harness? Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.19.37 PM

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.19.50 PM.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
F1NDx

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just cut the harness before the relay and wire to 2 of the upfitter wires , and of course ground the 3rd.
Yes, thats is exactly what I did. I should have specified that.
However, no power at all. Prior to even cutting the harness (before the relay), I tested the leds on a battery to make sure they were working, so not a defect.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, thats is exactly what I did. I should have specified that.
However, no power at all. Prior to even cutting the harness (before the relay), I tested the leds on a battery to make sure they were working, so not a defect.
it should work fine assuming u got everything wired correctly to the switches and grounded properly. Iā€™ve cut up many a fused relay cable in my day and never had an issue. If u are 100% sure u did, Iā€™d get a voltage meter on the upfitter wires to be sure u donā€™t have an issue, or check for blown fuse

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The switches only work with the Key in the on position. I too cut out the relay and connected the 2 hots to the upfitter switch 6 and the 2 grounds to the body ground.

Sponsored

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just cut the harness before the relay and wire to 2 of the upfitter wires , and of course ground the 3rd.
So to wire cube lights in a Bronco with factory switches there is no relay needed, correct?

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So to wire cube lights in a Bronco with factory switches there is no relay needed, correct?
Correct, relays and switches are all part of the Aux switch package, simply wire positive wires to the aux wires in the engine bay, and ground to any existing ground. Easy peasy

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct, relays and switches are all part of the Aux switch package, simply wire positive wires to the aux wires in the engine bay, and ground to any existing ground. Easy peasy
Thank you, much appreciated!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Essentially I got LED pods that I want to connect directly to the AUX switches. They have 2 modes, Amber and white so its a 3 way switch. I don't want to use the provided switch on the harness (which also has another fuse+relay attached). Anyone have a clue I can install these? Pics of harness added
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.19.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.19.50 PM.png
Saddly those kinds of kits don't include the proper wiring harness for a Bronco. They over complicate your installation with their generic harness.

You can just cut the switch off and use the hot legs from the harness. That's all you care about. You're cutting the harness back before the relay. So you'll essentially have 2 pigtails (or 2 plugs that go into 1 pigtail for you to connect to your upfitters)

EDIT: I see this is an OLD post. Weird a lot of OLD posts are getting brought back up to the top today

Sponsored

TeamUSA

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this work. Iā€™m about to try as I donā€™t want to order a new harness and restring the entire set again

OP
OP
F1NDx

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does this work. Iā€™m about to try as I donā€™t want to order a new harness and restring the entire set again
Yes, it works. Still working flawlessly to date.