Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What's a dora? This?

Screenshot_20210725-154933_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
That’s a PA. Dora just details your order that the dealer submits to Ford.
Ps youll wait until 2023 for that painted black hard top if you didn’t know.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a PA. Dora just details your order that the dealer submits to Ford.
Ps youll wait until 2023 for that painted black hard top if you didn’t know.
That's my first PA... We changed it to MIC top (but I didn't get a new PA... Just an order preview)
Should I ask for a new PA and a DORA?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I negotiate contracts for a living. I've negotiated new car purchases numerous times. I've only once negotiated the price on a car I ordered, the other times I've bought off the lot. I'm no stranger to negotiations.

What you did, and what your father did is a different case. The young woman in this story was taken advantage of. All price negotiations take place under context of broader circumstances. In the case of walking in and buying a car off the lot, you have numerous other locations to purchase the same or similar model of vehicle. When ordering, you can order from numerous other dealerships. So the context of the negotiation has broader implications for the dealership, because you have leverage of buying somewhere else. Of course depending on where you live the leverage can be better or worse depending upon the available dealerships you are willing to drive to and if those dealerships are or not part of the same dealership corporation.

The Bronco is a different situation. The Customer paid $100 to Ford to secure the ability to order a Bronco at a near-term future date. Part of the terms for the $100 reservation was Ford required the Customer to select one of its franchised dealerships to place an order for a Bronco at the time the Customer reserved to make a future order. And once the Customer ordered, that $100 agreement locked him in to not being able to switch dealerships, so in essence the Customer and Ford agreed that Dealership X was where the Customer would buy his ordered Bronco. In this case, the leverage of negotiation is clearly the advantage of the Ford franchised dealership because the Customer agreed by paying a $100 reservation fee to have no other choice than to buy his ordered Bronco from a specific dealership. At the time of reservation, the only pricing information available to the Customer so he could determine the affordability of the Bronco was Ford Corporate's website that provided only MSRP pricing, which makes it the implied pricing. Additionally, the circumstances of the negotiation are dictated by Ford Corporate, because in an effort to protect its franchised dealers from Customers switching at the last minute for a better offer, it forced the buyer to lock in the sale with his selected Ford franchise dealership at the time of order placement.

In my opinion, because Ford required a reservation fee and selection of a Ford franchise dealership, it has liability to control the pricing the dealership uses for reservation-ordered Broncos.

Walk in and buy a Bronco off the lot? That's a completely different situation (circumstance) and ADM is completely justified.
Reservations was a marketing scheme, mostly so Ford could crow about reservation numbers in the press, gain customer data and maintain interest. And the reservation was fully refundable.

Once the customer decided on a dealership, as with any other vehicle purchase, the customer would need to negotiate and settle on a price. That's like THE key thing a customer does when buying a car.

The customer could have walked, transferred the reservation to a different dealer, or cancelled the reservation and made another. Or the customer could even have made multiple reservations, as some on the forum have admitted (don't get me started on all the reservation malarkey). Even today I can make a reservation and select a dealer. Bottom line - I think you'd have a tough time making a case stick, based on a customer being forced with no options argument and actual harm.

And just to be clear, I'm not supporting what this dealership did. (In fact recently, I commented in an unrelated thread, just because "something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done".) But man, what is going on with some people, ordering a vehicle without making a solid unambiguous negation and agreement on a price?! I'm thinking of my wife's reaction, coming home after ordering a vehicle, and her asking me how much it will cost, and me answering "well, the implied cost will be ...". That conversation would not go well!

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's my first PA... We changed it to MIC top (but I didn't get a new PA... Just an order preview)
Should I ask for a new PA and a DORA?
If your worried I’d ask for pa. I’d like a dealer to chim in on this one. I swear ford recommended the dealers give out PAs when ordering took place.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's a dora? This?

Screenshot_20210725-154933_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
What in the actual fuck am I looking at? $8,800 HST? 17K in interest? Bi weekly payments? 93K?!? Also, are you from Jurassic park?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Imagine, you are hungry, and you know that there is a shortage of pizza cheese... So you leave work early, order your pizaa, and wait...

After about 5 hours, you will get a call that your pizza is on the way...

You look out the door, and you see other people inspecting the pizza and smelling it like Smoking Joe smells children's hair.

You go outside to get your pizza, and the pizza guy says that you can pay $30 for your $20 order or he's just going to have to sell it to your neighbor.

That is essentially what happened here. It's wrong, everyone know that it's wrong.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What in the actual fuck am I looking at? $8,800 HST? 17K in interest? Bi weekly payments? 93K?!? Also, are you from Jurassic park?
Welcome to canada, friend. Lol
HST is sales tax...
5.99% interest
And make payments twice a month and you actually save quite a bit on that heavy interest

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company needs to come out and unequivocally state dealer must sell at MSRP or less for the reservation/order holder, unless otherwise noted at time of order.

You can't have customers pay deposit based on a price and then when it arrives, charge ADM without prior notice. If the reservation/order holder backs out, then ADM can go on because buyer is aware prior to agreement.
Your concept is correct. But I thief is a thief and the last thing I have is an understanding of the word integrity. Bottom line for them it’s all about them.💀

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

8800 sales tax,and the 93k is total cost with the interest on the loan(glad i'm not in Ontario that tax is killer!)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to canada, friend. Lol
HST is sales tax...
5.99% interest
And make payments twice a month and you actually save quite a bit on that heavy interest
Holy shit! That’s insane! 7 years of bi-weekly $500 payments and you still pay 17K in interest. I love Canada but that’s just stupid.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8800 sales tax,and the 93k is total cost with the interest on the loan(glad i'm not in Ontario that tax is killer!)
I'll cut about $3500 of that tax with my trade in...
We pay the tax on the difference.
It used to be we had sales tax and GST... New cars were only taxed sales tax. But politicians being what they are, they combined both taxes (Harmonized Sales Tax.... HST).
Our free medical care is like your defence budget. A LOT!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy shit! That’s insane! 7 years of bi-weekly $500 payments and you still pay 17K in interest. I love Canada but that’s just stupid.
Well, the longer you borrow, the more interest you pay. Lol.
72 months is 4.99% from Ford.
Of course, you can finance a new Escape for 6 years at 0%, but ford isn't gonna cut you any deals on the Bronco.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"More or less" is the point I was making. We don't know all the details.

Regardless I'm still not into getting involved in a situation that has nothing to do with me from behind my keyboard. Like I said... She's just if she wants to leave a review but me, totally removed from the situation, really has no business leaving a review.

Not dissimilar to the punters on this forum blaming a guy's roof issues on some wax or a busted axle or failed GOAT modes on someone's driving skill.

Lots were quick to pile on those people thinking they knew the whole story.
The situations are actually perfectly opposite. The similarity is actually between people blaming the owner for those problems you mentioned and people defending the dealership because we don’t know the whole story. People who attack the dealership do so because there IS NO JUSTIFICATION. There is no other side of the story to justify this conduct of jacking up prices this high on a reserved order. There is no wax to put on a MIC top that justifies it having raw, unfinished edges and the kind of build quality we haven’t seen in a new car in probably 40+ years. The MIC top quality is like 1987 AMC tier. The “other sides” of both stories don’t matter. They’re both indefensible.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I felt it was absolutely necessary hence me posting it, if it offended you report me to the admin or feel free to block me.
You were much nicer than your response and I would have been. What’s the time being we still have freedom of speech in this country although some are trying to take that away to.😡