First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like I belong here..I placed a reservation last week , picked the local ford dealer. The only contact I had was a brief conversation with a salesman via email. I told him what I wanted, he said he could not put orders in ..OK..no rush. I get a call a week later saying they put the order in..I did not tell them to do that as I have no purchase agreement. I'm not feeling good about this. Going there tomorrow.
Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have actually had dealers over the year encourage me to finance thru Ford credit for a rebate then refi before my first payment. In PA and VA. I don't think they get hit with anything.
I can second this. Usually asked to make a first payment to FMCC then refinance.
no skin off their back.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like I belong here..I placed a reservation last week , picked the local ford dealer. The only contact I had was a brief conversation with a salesman via email. I told him what I wanted, he said he could not put orders in ..OK..no rush. I get a call a week later saying they put the order in..I did not tell them to do that as I have no purchase agreement. I'm not feeling good about this. Going there tomorrow.
Did you get an email from Ford regarding converting your reservation to an order? I placed a reservation 6/22 and my salesman said that I should get an email from Ford letting me know that I can move from “reservation” to “order.” I haven’t seen any emails from Ford.

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
no

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We should all pitch in a few bucks and start a fund to finance giant bill board adds as close as posible dealership's that do this. Would serve as a warning the public about what crooks they are! Also, with a sizable bank account established dealerships might think twice about back stabbing their customers like this.. Just a thought?

Sponsored

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is not a popular opinion but I don’t care. I’m glad the dealership got those bogus reviews removed from google. Crazy to think people that did not buy a car there lied and made a 1 star review some even lied further claiming a “friend” of mine. Oh well nice to see google removed the fake ratings cancel culture is wack lol

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is not a popular opinion but I don’t care. I’m glad the dealership got those bogus reviews removed from google. Crazy to think people that did not buy a car there lied and made a 1 star review some even lied further claiming a “friend” of mine. Oh well nice to see google removed the fake ratings cancel culture is wack lol
You cancelled your reservation back in January. The rest of us care. I didn't make a review, but those were legitimate reviews warning others of a shady dealership engaged in a shady business practice. Removing legitimate reviews like those results in more customers being scammed by that dealership. It's grade inflation for ratings and it makes ratings untrustworthy when a shady business can simply have them removed.

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything is bigger, including Greed, in Texas....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you get an email from Ford regarding converting your reservation to an order? I placed a reservation 6/22 and my salesman said that I should get an email from Ford letting me know that I can move from “reservation” to “order.” I haven’t seen any emails from Ford.
Did you already work with your selected dealership on the Bronco version and attributes you want and agree on a price? Then it seems a matter of the dealership placing the order soon as Ford is open to accept?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chargebacks are a very real thing. Commissions, management bonuses, etc. are all calculated based on the profits made on the customers, including the loan markup. Afterall, the vast majority of the profits on a normal car deal come from the F&I office and not from the profit margin on the vehicle. Normally if the customer refinances or pays off the loan within 3 months of the loan origination the bank penalizes the dealership and that comes out of what they thought they had already made.
As someone who writes pay plans for GMs, Sales Mgrs & F&I for a large non-Ford dealer group, I can confirm these statements. I know what these folks make and where they make their $. That’s why my wife brings me along when it comes time to walk into the financing office for her vehicles lol. She’s getting pretty damn good with saying “no” and calling Sales Mgrs/GMs out and them turning red in the face lol. The best was when they made the mistake of walking her behind the sales tower to look at their screen. She embarrased the crap out the guy in front of his employees. I now just go with her for the entertainment!

Sponsored

Tetsuo9106

Wildtrak
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been lurking for a while. Thanks for the info on the dealers. I buy used cars and this is one of my only new vehicles and a high commodity at that. I didn't get a purchase agreement. I am asking the dealer now and they have gotten a bit squirely. They already mentioned they will be adding ADM on some models and haven't called me back in two days. So, y'all likely saved me $5k, at least, and/or not losing the order. It is Lindsay Ford in Silver Spring, MD. I will move my order to another nearby dealer on the forum list that shows no ADM.
Can I get my deposit back from the Dealer?
What is the process? Move the order to new dealer, then ask for deposit back?
They seem to have you by the cojones after it is delivered/in production.
Another question, could you move the order to another dealer after it has been delivered?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So 45 pages later, not gonna read the other 43 did the dealer make it right or not?

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats just shaddy. I've been trying to contact my dealer and havent heard a peep out of them. So, I need to ask for a order preview and a signed purchase agreement to be safe? Glad I ran into this thread.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to add to this, last I heard (and if memory serves me, someone should correct me if I'm wrong) peak Bronco output will be roughly 10,000 units a month.
500 per shift at max capacity, running 2 shifts a day.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everything is bigger, including Greed, in Texas....
If you hadn't noticed, dealers do this everywhere, they cannot help themselves.

There is a reason that car salepeople / dealerships are rated second to last in Trusted Professionals, just ahead of politicians, they have a well earned reputation for being less than honest, fortunately if you look long and hard enough you can find a few honest ones.

America's Most & Least Trusted Professions

2f2019-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored