Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having not personally met this friend of a friend, I did some research as well. She was open to sharing her order number and VIN with me, email status updates, and her communication with the salesman the day she was to pick up the vehicle this past Thursday.

She had someone reach out to her advising that the dealership was saying the Bronco was for sale because the order holder hadn’t qualified. This despite not going through financing once the dealer advised of the ADM spike. This person did not go through purchasing the Bronco because the markup was $15k.

Anyways, she’s now in communication with the contact that @Blue Bronco emailed and she’ll update me and her FB post after the weekend.
I had a feeling this would be the "second side of the story."

"She didn't qualify for financing! Because we're charging $20k over MSRP and her bank laughed at those terms."

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bruh if someone says report to the BBB im gonna go slap the shit outta someone. BBB does nothing. It’s just another “Yelp”

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, let me know when you move to the car industry. Otherwise, completely irrelevant. Your companies method is exactly the way it SHOULD be…. But unfortunately it’s not the way this industry works. If Ford canned every dealer that gave a customer a raw deal they’d have 6 dealers left across the country.
You make a good point, but it doesn't take that many to be an effective message and in this case, well, let's just say there are multiple options for Ford dealerships in the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan Area. If this one were to cease to exist, those sales would transition to the other dealerships and not be lost. "Oh, hey, Joe Blow Ford is closed, I guess I can't buy a Ford anymore, not even at Not Joe Blow Ford 3 miles away."

I drive past my local dealership because they're jerks and take a 20 minute drive to a different place. I'm sure they do great sales and such, but it wouldn't be a big inconvenience to drive to the Ford dealership 7 miles south, or the one 7 miles north, or the one a few miles to the west.

Reality is, though, you have to establish standards for business conduct before you can punish businesses for violating standards that aren't set. Lost business due to bad business practices, though, that's hard to replace. I had a bad experience with Ford in the 1990s and this will be my first Ford purchase in over 20 years.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds like a huge load of crap! Almost purposely deceitful! The email acts as though the price protection will help those of us who reserved, yet it practically means nothing is what ur saying? If that’s true, why even say that in an email as if ford is even helping us in any way? If that’s the case, then ford is going to look really bad as well. If my dealer tries to pull that on me, I will gladly walk out with some words on the way out, and bring my business elsewhere. Not that they would care, but it’s not me sleeping at night pulling that shit
It helps me and means everything since I negotiated a price based on Invoice (which for this purpose behaves the same as MSRP).

Since Ford isn’t changing their price, my price doesn’t change either.

If you or anyone else didn’t negotiate a price based on that, and just came to some random understanding with the dealer, that’s not on Ford.

Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly!!! Hey Ford, after all the waiting and setbacks, people still hung tight and wanted their Broncos… I strongly suggest this dealership gets a phone call or an in-person visit and this situation is handled with a stern resolution. I also hope the buyer hears from you directly and this situation is made right by them. Not cool. This needs to addressed and fixed.

JBBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sorry for the rookie question. What does ADM stand for?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Exactly!!! Hey Ford, after all the waiting and setbacks, people still hung tight and wanted their Broncos… I strongly suggest this dealership gets a phone call or an in-person visit and this situation is handled with a stern resolution. I also hope the buyer hears from you directly and this situation is made right by them. Not cool. This needs to addressed and fixed.
In case anyone has not noticed, the member account @Ford Motor Company has been asked dozens of times to look into or comment on an issue.

How many times have they responded, three!

Don't expect good communication from Ford and you will not be disapointed.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds like a huge load of crap! Almost purposely deceitful! The email acts as though the price protection will help those of us who reserved, yet it practically means nothing is what ur saying? If that’s true, why even say that in an email as if ford is even helping us in any way? If that’s the case, then ford is going to look really bad as well. If my dealer tries to pull that on me, I will gladly walk out with some words on the way out, and bring my business elsewhere. Not that they would care, but it’s not me sleeping at night pulling that shit
It does mean something, If you agreed to MSRP with your dealer, then you will pay the expected 2021 MSRP not a new inflated 2022 MSRP. If you didn't agree to MSRP price match from the dealer you aren't protected either way.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
sorry for the rookie question. What does ADM stand for?
Additional dealer markup. It means they’re gonna charge you over sticker because it’s in demand.

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, let me know when you move to the car industry. Otherwise, completely irrelevant. Your companies method is exactly the way it SHOULD be…. But unfortunately it’s not the way this industry works. If Ford canned every dealer that gave a customer a raw deal they’d have 6 dealers left across the country.
Which 6? 😬

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model