lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did he not get a signed agreement? i left my dealership with a contract / price agreed and signed.

Assumed everyone did, that's part of converting the order.
I'm guessing many dealerships did not require written orders as they are required by ford to convert a certain percentage of reservations to orders and they receive a rating based on this , which will effect future allocations. I only have emails of the price from my dealer and hope I'm not in the same boat as the girl that had her Bronco stolen by the dealer. I am concerned as I see my dealer now has two broncos for sale marked up $15K above MSRP. Is my dealer stealing orders? I guess I'll find out soon.
I think I will head over there this even and make them write up the paperwork or cancel the order.
Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve reached out to no less than three dealers who have Broncos listed on their website as “for sale”
Each time I get “well it’s not here right now. It’s in transit. Are you considering any other vehicles?”
Sure, give me a Taurus

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers just want to make money. You getting your Bronco at MSRP is not important to them if they can get another $10K+ for it. They know the game and will be pushing the limits. They see the Bronco as a real cash cow and it's time to milk it.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like all the little shit we @ them on doesn't really warrant a resonse, but something like this is why they are here and this needs to be addressed swiftly and violently
"violently" JEEZUS, what is going on with you?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has stated that all reservation orders will be filled in 2022. (We all know that there will be purchasers that want to wait for things like mod tops so those will wait, by choice.) The fact is that Ford did not have production capacity in 2021 to fill more than a fraction of orders which is why the allocations were needed. That will not be the case in 2022 (based on what we know now).
Unfortunately Ford has stated a bunch of things that didn't come to fruition. Don't be surprised if your totally wrong.
All the signed stuff is fine this person still had a verbal agreement with the dealership to order them a vehicle and then deliver the vehicle. The person that placed the order had to put down a $100.00 reservation fee and show identification that they place the order. This dealership may loose the right to sell Ford vehicles in the future if this infraction is true. There were specific rules that they had to follow to place each order for the Bronco and obvious that they didn't. I see a big lawsuit coming from the buyer and they might be not only getting Bronco but maybe a Ford dealership.
Since you put it in bold underlie, I feel the need to say that I didn't show my ID when placing a reservation or when converting my order. Just a debit card at time of reservation and email with signatures at time of order conversion. Now had I not asked for signed DORA at time of order conversion (thanks B6G!) and I just confirmed what I wanted with the dealer without discussing price, then I suppose they could name their price at delivery. If I remember correctly, the pricing shown during reservations were just suggested pricing and the dealer could say they always had a 20k ADM from jump. It's real shitty, yes. But I still don't think you'd have much of a leg to stand on without a signed, or at least mentioned in email, purchase price. I hope however that all the bad press has caused the dealer to do the right thing. Poor bronco buyer 😢

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"violently" JEEZUS, what is going on with you?
Really? 38 pages and that is the comment that sticks out?

Violence of action does not always mean literal violence. In this particular instance it means that I believe Ford should quickly take severe punitive action at a level that will show other dealers that this type of behaviour is unacceptable and will be punished.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Came across this post on a 6th Gen FB page. Hope everyone got a signed purchase agreement when they ordered their bronco.

8BF6B6F2-8DBD-45DE-8F5A-E850DA284CA0.jpeg

3C3C1175-C4AB-4497-996C-B6502F88F097.jpeg
No, it's not. But taking someone's reservation that they paid for straight from their hands so they can milk more coin, is certainly different than a regular markup. (Adm should have legal constraints put on it in general too. I think it's one of the auto industry's biggest cons, if not THE biggest)
I agree this is unscrupulous because its a "reservation", but ADM is not a con there is no legal issue here. Its no different than a dealer charging $70K for a rusted out vintage Bronco, or 64 Chevy or whatever. MSRP is just that, you do know what the 'S' means right? Its very common when a car manufacture is fortunate enough to have a smash hit for dealers to sell well over MSRP. Remember the Mazda R8 -- they are worthless now but dealers were asking crazy prices when it first hit our shores. If you think the government should set vehicles prices -- I hope you liked the Trabant and Yugo because that is all you will have. The nut cases in Washington already said cars will be for "essential use only", do you think they care if you have to pay MSRP for a Bronco? Seriously dude they don't want you to have it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I fully understand the separate entity aspect. I’m not naive to this. It still doesn’t change the fact that this is absolutely greedy! This is no different than the kid who had an article written about him as he made $1m in revenue for 2020 because he was buying video game consoles, etc and marking them up 100% and reselling them. It’s price gouging and wrong. My point was ford didn’t even need to include that in the email. The way it was worded made it sound as though it was helping reservation holders. “Like you, we are frustrated, so here is what we are going to do…..!” When in reality, this doesn’t help reservation holders in the slightest. Even if they didn’t include that, then marked up msrp another $5k, the dealers would still mark it up, say, another $15k and it’s no diff than a $20k markup today. It had no affect on reservation holders. It’s shitty business by the dealers.
On the other hand, some have been high fiving the idea of customer's getting a Bronco, and then selling for their own "markup". Also people have been monkeying around with multiple reservations, along with orders they might vacate, if they don't like the vehicle on delivery. There are shenanigans and greed as you call it, to go around between various parties.

Regarding the MSRP lock thing. That actually does help customers who made a solid deal based on MSRP/invoice. Bottom line, the customer ultimately buys from the dealer, so make a good deal that you and the dealer are satisfied with. Key time to do that is up front when ordering.

Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude.....to borrow a line from a movie.......its not personal, its business.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I hope you and others get your Bronco's and for the price you want it for. I'm sure when supply catches up with demand prices will stabilize and I wouldn't even be surprised if two years from now there's a thread called......"Why did I loose 35-40% of my Bronco value even tho its in demand?" or "This dealership is selling Bronco's for $2500 off retail, whats up with that?!"🤷‍♂️
I actually did… for 1k under invoice. What you unsurprisingly fail to understand is that that individual paid that dealer through Ford 100 dollars in exchange for the rights to retain the ability to purchase that Bronco when it arrives to the dealer (thats what reservation means;)). Not sure why you’re reading into it so much? The dealer kicked their reservation to the curb by refusing to sell the vehicle to them and is attempting (or attempted) to sell the customer’s vehicle to the highest bidder. That has NOTHING to do with supply and demand, that is THEFT. That is you purchasing something at the store and the cashier refusing to hand you the item you agreed to purchase just because the guy standing behind you in line is willing to pay more for it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the release and build would have been done properly and on schedule, and as it was presented to us by Ford over a year ago, would dealers still be on the ADM trend? One can come up with as many conspiracies as they want from this aspect........
Proper release would have been canning the reservation scheme and early ordering, and offering the vehicle for sale when it was fully ready for prime time. At that point the kids who wanted to be first on the block or not so good at buying a car would pay some ADM.

Meanwhile others would be seeing and evaluating the vehicle options in person, test driving and making fully informed buying decisions. Prices would settle out because this is not a limited edition or even max 40,000 unit a year C8 situation. Rather it's a 200,000+ a year vehicle to compete with Jeep Wrangler.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They take bids on them. 2 FE ,both not picked up and not listed on the site. Lol @ the bs going around...Yawwn
They could of built my FE. I would of atleast taken delivery before I trade it in 😉.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
!!!!!!!!!!

Guaranteed they didn't establish purchase price in writing at ordering. Brutal
We do not know the story behind the FB post. Did the person who posted this have a signed agreement in place? Did he have proof of converting his reservation into an order? If he does have these, he is in a good spot to get compensation for the dealership breaking his contract. If he has nothing in writing, he is S.O.L., unfortunately.
With the known demand for the Bronco, I do not understand people who still have reservations and have not yet converted it into an order or have in writing that you have delayed your order for a 2022 model. Having just a reservation at this point is asking for trouble...
Sponsored