DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The tracking link show's that 13% chose the wagon-top only, so not weird at all. However considering you have a thread mostly made up of people who purchased the softy, I'd expect that the majority of them would defend it. Just look at the catch-can, exhaust, or $800 mudflap threads, while only 1% of buyers think it's money well spent, 95% of those guys are happy they went that route.
I don't think it is fair to say that since people elected the soft top they are defending a bad product to justify their choice. Many people chose to squatch their Broncos but you don't see those people defending the Goodyears Ford put on them. Maybe...just maybe...some of us are happy with our choices. I sure am. I love being able to go top down at a moments notice and top back up when a storm is about to roll in. No pullies needed.
There were horror threads for a long time about hard tops, but I wouldn't say they are all bad or that they are even a bad choice. Different people are looking for different things from their Bronco and I totally see the benefit of the hard top for many, even if it is not my first choice.
In comparing to the Jeep soft top, I would say I preferred the zipper to the clips. It just felt more secure. Other than that, I am happy.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
............. Maybe...just maybe...some of us are happy with our choices. I sure am. I love being able to go top down at a moments notice and top back up when a storm is about to roll in. No pullies needed.
That's why I'm picking one up for the summer months, there's no doubt they have their advantages. Despite their looks, I think their great, especially with the rear windows removed.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old topic that’s been discussed before. Many owners here like their soft top. I love mine. It’s better than the one on the 97 Jeep Wrangler I owned.

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The big drawback of ordering with a soft top is ... once you get it you are never getting a hard top...period. Ive been trying to get a hard top since I took delivery of my soft top and its just impossible, occasionally you find someone selling theirs for 5K, some people seem to want 10K. Either way its not a good price.

That being said the soft top seems to have less quality issues than the hard top, mine has never leaked a bit, and is easy to take off. Once you get the hang of putting it back on thats not too bad either. Its a common misconception that the soft top has much more road noise than the hard top, cabin noise is not great with either. The Bronco at its core does not have a top.
Sponsored