Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

Jumpmasterken

Badlands
First Name
Dutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I'm having the same issue. It happened twice yesterday and once today. I also own a Bronco Badlands that I took delivery on last November. The first two times I stopped and checked the hood and it was completely shut, but I opened it and shut it again, however the warning message came back on again a short time later. The only way I could get it to clear was by turning the vehicle off and starting it up again.
Also, last night the alarm went off when the vehicle was in park and left unattended. I received a warning that the hood alarm went off, so I went outside to check on the vehicle and the flashers were going off.
Sponsored

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adjusting hood stops did not fix ours. Our appointment is next week. We’ve been leaving our Bronco unlocked to sleep through the night.

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same problem here - the alarm issue happened today for the first time. '22 delivered in November, 1700 miles.

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2019 Ducati Panigale 959; 2012 Focus;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm in the same boat. I tried lowering the hood stops a few times, even going all the way down today and it did not stop the alarm from going off.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was happening to me too. After looking at the latch I realized a sensor on the assembly had grease on it so I cleaned it off with some mass air flow sensor cleaner and it seems to have fixed it.

Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? PXL_20230220_034535025~2

Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? PXL_20230220_040022321~2

PXL_20230305_064123699.jpg

Sponsored

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This was happening to me too. After looking at the latch I realized a sensor on the assembly had grease on it so I cleaned it off with some mass air flow sensor cleaner and it seems to have fixed it.

Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? PXL_20230305_064123699

Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? PXL_20230305_064123699

Thanks for this. I'll be looking to do this tomorrow!

Ktmracer21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco/f150 tremor/c8 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine started a few weeks ago at maybe 2000 miles ish, 2022, and has been intermittent until today where it’s done it 3 times in the last hour, 2 times in 5 minutes. I’ve played with the hood stops, electrical contact cleaner on the switch to no avail. Scheduled for the dealer tomorrow to start the process. What a pain.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine started a few weeks ago at maybe 2000 miles ish, 2022, and has been intermittent until today where it’s done it 3 times in the last hour, 2 times in 5 minutes. I’ve played with the hood stops, electrical contact cleaner on the switch to no avail. Scheduled for the dealer tomorrow to start the process. What a pain.
If you can find out how to just disable it when you are at dealer, post that. No one has been able to provide specifics

Ktmracer21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you can find out how to just disable it when you are at dealer, post that. No one has been able to provide specifics
Hopefully I can. Until ford identifies the actual
Issue, I’d prefer not to even bother with a replacement latch. Prove it’s a switch issue with serial numbers etc and then I’m in.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully I can. Until ford identifies the actual
Issue, I’d prefer not to even bother with a replacement latch. Prove it’s a switch issue with serial numbers etc and then I’m in.
I agree, under warranty don't touch it, but they might deactivate it until they can get a. new latch.

Sponsored

Ktmracer21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m assuming it’s a normally closed switch, if someone knows the connector style, a lot of us may just choose to unplug the switch and bypass it.

read this part super fast like the end of a radio commercial

*electrical advice to be used at your own risk, I am not a lawyer, just a former A&P mechanic who doesn’t like wasting days at a time for a service tech to go 🤷🏻‍♂️

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Let us know how it goes. I really want to know how to resolve this junk. Ford dealer is 2 hours away and trying to get there is a chore.

Ktmracer21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let us know how it goes. I really want to know how to resolve this junk. Ford dealer is 2 hours away and trying to get there is a chore.
Mine’s a bit over an hour one way. I’ll be sure to live post it lol

Ktmracer21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, it’s getting a new hood latch next week. The new hood latch has a different (updated) part number. My dealer gets parts from the DC warehouse I’m told and where there is normally hundreds of them, there were 2, now 1. I’ll update once I see the new switch and any differences.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Add me to the list 2022 WildTrak With just under 1k miles. :confused:
Sponsored