E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did it cast a shadow like that? I am going to check a few hundred out to see if that is design or adjustment.
That's not a shadow, it's the inner edge of the fender.
Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
did it cast a shadow like that? I am going to check a few hundred out to see if that is design or adjustment.
Seeing a couple hundred won’t indicate if it’s an assembly or design issue. Just because it hasn’t been happening doesn’t mean it’s not supposed to be that way.
Basically, if possible it should be level/aligned.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seeing a couple hundred won’t indicate if it’s an assembly or design issue. Just because it hasn’t been happening doesn’t mean it’s not supposed to be that way.
Basically, if possible it should be level/aligned.
it may have been designed to have a step in it is what I am saying. I never noticed this before..that's why looking at several hundred will show me consistency or not. Other than just asking the design engineer.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mine is identical to this. It was also a concern and I verified with others a week ago. There's is the same.

You may want to check the rubber topped adjustable hood stops (when you open the hood). Mine were too easy to adjust and were also a bit too high. They are very easy to bump and make them higher. This could bend the hood. Dangerous.

Additionally....I do think this is intentional. If you raised the hood to be flush with the top of the fenders, the gap between the hood and front grille would be too large in my opinion.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The trail sights tend to mask this, since you can't see the corner. I only really noticed it when I ran my finger down the seams. Purposeful or not IDK if it will bother me long term.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The trail sights tend to mask this, since you can't see the corner. I only really noticed it when I ran my finger down the seams. Purposeful or not IDK if it will bother me long term.
sure but consistent would be more satisfying to me. in my mind anyway.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get ya, those I have seen looked (felt) the same...consistent...consistently wrong, but consistent

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Additionally....I do think this is intentional. If you raised the hood to be flush with the top of the fenders, the gap between the hood and front grille would be too large in my opinion.
Usually a hood is adjusted in the front and back. In order to line up all seems and be level. Front adjustment being the rubber adjusters. The other end being the actual hinge/hardware. Raising the rear so that it’s level would likely square off the gap in the front. A bit of a pain to get it right. Which is why I say this is better as a 2 person job.

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually a hood is adjusted in the front and back. In order to line up all seems and be level. Front adjustment being the rubber adjusters. The other end being the actual hinge/hardware. Raising the rear so that it’s level would likely square off the gap in the front. A bit of a pain to get it right. Which is why I say this is better as a 2 person job.
Or a job done at the factory with tooling and fixtures...not the customers job to align panels.

Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it easy? I've never had to adjust a gap or latch on a brand new vehicle...
Everyone seems so on edge here today.
I was just asking if this is common, or a 1 off issue. Maybe they don't do QC on dealer demos as strict as customer cars?
Yeah, the latch for the hood is usually one or two bolts max. I had to adjust the one for my Tacoma a couple years back after a bodyshop left it too high. You just loosen the bolts and there is some adjustment room in the oval shaped bolt holes. Just slide it up or down and retighten the bolts.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Received my FE today and the TOP is a hot mess..However, only a few minor issues I will share soon. The vehicle is nothing short of amazing. Top aside, wow. Almost a grandslam.. but Webasto pulls up on 3rd when the coach was calling him home.. what a fucked up top. Worked at Ford for 30 years and never seen us ever ship anything like this.

Someone lost their job for certain, if not, a bunch of folks. Once a say my 2 cents about it, I will just wait for Ford to make it right. I trust them to do what is right, so, I will enjoy this masterpiece until then. Pics soon, wife took it on it's first journey, guess where?

The drop in the hood is designed that way, every single one is the exact same so for whatever reason it was designed with that step. Mine has it also and it is even all the way down to the end..

We should as the design engineers why or if it was just a styling Q. This truck is the bomb and makes the Jeep look tired. That is coming from my wife, she love Jeeps. I can't wait to drive it more than 20 miles..it has 40 on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received my FE today and the TOP is a hot mess..However, only a few minor issues I will share soon. The vehicle is nothing short of amazing. Top aside, wow. Almost a grandslam.. but Webasto pulls up on 3rd when the coach was calling him home.. what a fucked up top. Worked at Ford for 30 years and never seen us ever ship anything like this.

Someone lost their job for certain, if not, a bunch of folks. Once a say my 2 cents about it, I will just wait for Ford to make it right. I trust them to do what is right, so, I will enjoy this masterpiece until then. Pics soon, wife took it on it's first journey, guess where?

The drop in the hood is designed that way, every single one is the exact same so for whatever reason it was designed with that step. Mine has it also and it is even all the way down to the end..

We should as the design engineers why or if it was just a styling Q. This truck is the bomb and makes the Jeep look tired. That is coming from my wife, she love Jeeps. I can't wait to drive it more than 20 miles..it has 40 on it.
Congratulations on getting your Bronco! Bummer about the top, but that will get sorted.
I saw another demo OBX today, and while the hood was lower than the fenders, it was not nearly as bad as the 1st one I saw. I sat in it and it didn't really notice it.
If mine comes like the one I saw today, it's not an issue.

dcliffo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just took delivery of my Bronco, notice I have the same issue on the hood fitment that you did but only on the driver's side.
What did you do to adjust it?

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations on getting your Bronco! Bummer about the top, but that will get sorted.
I saw another demo OBX today, and while the hood was lower than the fenders, it was not nearly as bad as the 1st one I saw. I sat in it and it didn't really notice it.
If mine comes like the one I saw today, it's not an issue.
My opinions... I had the opportunity to enjoy a Wildtak for 24hrs. I looked at the hood "issue" on this one and what I see looks to be design intent as to fender to hood. There are 2 main things to look for to describe what one sees as a potential problem, flushness and margins. If the margins/gaps are aligned and even left to right then you have to determine if hood to fender is supposed to be flush or does if follow a curve or crown. Looking at other areas where features come together at other points like at the grill, sights, hood and fenders, look for a continuous line. Look at the areas from different angles to help judge. Uneven lighting and shadows can make it difficult. Regardless of what you want to see or think you should see, it might not be how it is designed.
For Quality Control there can be a human factor if it is left up to the operator/fitter to check and adjust if needed. From shift to shift there can be those, managers & operators alike, that feel they know better and finesse things to their liking and not to a spec. Feedback from the customers help to correct if there is an operator or build issue and serve to improve future design and build processes to lessen the human factor.

Side note: nothing to do with any of this and is not a reason for the water on the vehicle, the front camera washer has a powerful spray. Don't stand too close...
Ford Bronco Hood Gap fm bronco
Sponsored