Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they are kind of cool and like others have said show how much thought has gone into things on the Bronco. Now to what extent they can be shrunk/painted/replaced/removed would be cool to know. Worst case you take them off and when you need them put them back on if they are removable.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think they are kind of cool and like others have said show how much thought has gone into things on the Bronco. Now to what extent they can be shrunk/painted/replaced/removed would be cool to know. Worst case you take them off and when you need them put them back on if they are removable.

If not Ford I'm sure aftermarket will make "delete" kits. Won't be hard and won't be expensive.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A “plastic” strap is much strong than a plastic fitting.
That's why I'm a little bit worried about tying something to them that's constantly pulling on them. In the 110 degree heat, they'll eventually start to weaken and your canoe will be on the roof of the guy behind you.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I'm a little bit worried about tying something to them that's constantly pulling on them. In the 110 degree heat, they'll eventually start to weaken and your canoe will be on the roof of the guy behind you.
Hopefully it’s painted steel, or something like that. Gotta be crazy to trust plastic

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If not Ford I'm sure aftermarket will make "delete" kits. Won't be hard and won't be expensive.
I am honestly looking forward to what the aftermarket comes up with. I do like it but what another creative mind can take that to the next level will be cool to see. Also not just the front hook part but everything else.

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A “plastic” strap is much strong than a plastic fitting.
Depends on the type of plastic. For example, polycarbonates are very strong. I doubt that those hood anchors will be made out of recycled Chinese take-out containers.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Front and rear straps are backup straps in case the ones holding the boat to the roof rack fail or get loose(or your rack comes off lol). They're there so that specific thing doesn't happen

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front and rear straps are backup straps in case the ones holding the boat to the roof rack fail or get loose(or your rack comes off lol). They're there so that specific thing doesn't happen
I was behind an suv a couple months ago that had some plywood strapped to the roof rack, and nothing else. . Had quite a bit of overhang going forward. The front end starting bouncing up and down until the front 40% or so snapped off and went flying. Definitely should be used as more than just backup.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They remind me of the perfect yellow soft top 1997 NAS defender with limb risers I kick myself all the time for not buying in 2003. 20k miles and barely north of 20k. If I bought it then and kept it as a toy and in good shape it’d bring 100k today. That defender is the reason I’m going with cyber orange. My dream car at the time and I spent 15k more and bought a boring infiniti g35 instead. My mom kept talking to me about practicality. Practicality be damned we only have one life
I missed 2 Defenders like that, a 93 consisting green and a 97 red with auto and AC for 70k miles for 17. I kicked myself a long time for missing those. I am hoping the Bronc makes up for that

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cant see them being made out of anything other than billet aluminum.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My old 1968 Chrysler Newport had something like that on the fenders. It had turn signal indicator lights in them.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tie downs, limb lifters... And probably a dozen other uses. ??
Yes if the hood hoops are secure, I could find various uses for them, such as securing my canoe to the top/rollbars. I always seem to be looking for places to tie things on my other 4x4s, so these hood hoops could prove useful.