Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do you mean when you say clam shell design?
All the other perch collars out there are a two piece design (clam shell is the term I use), you compress the spring to give enough room to clamp the collar onto the strut, this one is one piece and slides onto the strut, so it woud take a little more time to install, but no real big deal since you have to pull the strut and compress the spring to install any perch colar.

Hopefully that makes sense 🍻

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So for those of you that installed the RC lift... everything still going good? Seems like RC is still suggesting the lift incompatible with the hoss 3.0 suspension. Seems like really nobody has been trying to build lifts to improve the hoss 3.0 ride height.

I think I'm ready to jump on it... would be curious to know what front/rear lift people went with and whether its level. Also I assume UCA's are probably recommmended?

Does the rc lift stress the cv's or does it drop the diffs?

Is this the kit you guys went with? Rough Country 2.5 Inch Lift Kit - 51071 | 4wheelparts.com

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for those of you that installed the RC lift... everything still going good? Seems like RC is still suggesting the lift incompatible with the hoss 3.0 suspension. Seems like really nobody has been trying to build lifts to improve the hoss 3.0 ride height.

I think I'm ready to jump on it... would be curious to know what front/rear lift people went with and whether its level. Also I assume UCA's are probably recommmended?

Does the rc lift stress the cv's or does it drop the diffs?

Is this the kit you guys went with? Rough Country 2.5 Inch Lift Kit - 51071 | 4wheelparts.com
Yes that is the kit from RC. I have over 5,000 miles on mine with no issues that I know of. Yes has a drop bracket for the diff. So far am Happy.😎

Sponsored

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes that is the kit from RC. I have over 5,000 miles on mine with no issues that I know of. Yes has a drop bracket for the diff. So far am Happy.😎
Are you running 37s on your setup or did you just go for the lift? I saw they stated it can only clear 37s without the crash bar.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The wheel width does matter as much as the offset. A 9.5 inch wheel with a 0 offset would result in poke and inset that’s nearly 1/2 inch more on both inner and outer. That would definitely affect the probability of rubbing. Now with a 9” wheel is more like a little less than a quarter inch but overall I’m just saying that it does make a difference especially when going with larger tires. I put 37’s on the stock wheels, no lift, and I literally only have a half inch, if that, of clearance.

IMG_1146.png
So, is the rubbing *ever* wheel-on-strut?

Or is it tire-on-X (e.g. wheel well, crash bar mount, etc)?

I ask because I have seen a lot of people talking about tire-on-X rub, but I have never once seen wheel-on-strut issue. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but I haven’t seen it.

And if I’m right about that, what difference would wheel width make at all? Even an 8” vs 9.5” wheel would have no impact. The tire is a full 3-4” wider than the wheel, if you’re talking about typical “big” tires.

And in same way, wheel width doesn’t affect poke at all either — Because the wheel sits entirely within the width of the tire, with plenty of room to spare.

someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, is the rubbing *ever* wheel-on-strut?

Or is it tire-on-X (e.g. wheel well, crash bar mount, etc)?

I ask because I have seen a lot of people talking about tire-on-X rub, but I have never once seen wheel-on-strut issue. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but I haven’t seen it.

And if I’m right about that, what difference would wheel width make at all? Even an 8” vs 9.5” wheel would have no impact. The tire is a full 3-4” wider than the wheel, if you’re talking about typical “big” tires.

And in same way, wheel width doesn’t affect poke at all either — Because the wheel sits entirely within the width of the tire, with plenty of room to spare.

someone please correct me if I’m wrong.
You’re right here. The tire is definitely the first thing that will hit with oversized tires and tire-on-X is the most prominent issue with bronco’s. If it’s wheel on strut something is very wrong lol, strut is behind the knuckle.

I was speaking more in general rather than Bronco specific. It’s honestly a combination of both and depends on the vehicle. If your wheel or tire is big enough(or small enough)with the incorrect offset and width you could run into issues with hitting the UCA(did that on my first Tesla since the UCA sits inside the wheel). Think of your stock non-sas wheel for instance. It has a +55 offset and if you were to put too wide of a wheel with that offset it may hit the knuckle or UCA without even a tire mounted.

As far as poke, wheel width does matter with how much the tire will extend beyond the wheel. Check out willtheyfit website put a 255 tire on a 9 inch wheel and it’s pretty much square with no tire poke. Do the same with a 315 and you see the tire extending beyond the wheel. For our bronco’s running big tires this doesn’t matter as much but I was referencing the overall width/offset for all vehicles.

Overall It’s really a combination of both offset and width, an 8” wheel and a 9.5 inch wheel with the same offset occupy different spaces. Pic below shows how even the tires while they overall reach the same maximum point they do occupy different spaces near the wheel. On some vehicles that may cause issues.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_1440

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’re right here. The tire is definitely the first thing that will hit with oversized tires and tire-on-X is the most prominent issue with bronco’s. If it’s wheel on strut something is very wrong lol, strut is behind the knuckle.

I was speaking more in general rather than Bronco specific. It’s honestly a combination of both and depends on the vehicle. If your wheel or tire is big enough(or small enough)with the incorrect offset and width you could run into issues with hitting the UCA(did that on my first Tesla since the UCA sits inside the wheel). Think of your stock non-sas wheel for instance. It has a +55 offset and if you were to put too wide of a wheel with that offset it may hit the knuckle or UCA without even a tire mounted.

As far as poke, wheel width does matter with how much the tire will extend beyond the wheel. Check out willtheyfit website put a 255 tire on a 9 inch wheel and it’s pretty much square with no tire poke. Do the same with a 315 and you see the tire extending beyond the wheel. For our bronco’s running big tires this doesn’t matter as much but I was referencing the overall width/offset for all vehicles.

Overall It’s really a combination of both offset and width, an 8” wheel and a 9.5 inch wheel with the same offset occupy different spaces. Pic below shows how even the tires while they overall reach the same maximum point they do occupy different spaces near the wheel. On some vehicles that may cause issues.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_1440
Cheers.

All that really matters is that I want 37s. I don’t want to sacrifice the HOSS 3.0 smoothness to do it. And I want to find a way to convince my wife we need this 🤔

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cheers.

All that really matters is that I want 37s. I don’t want to sacrifice the HOSS 3.0 smoothness to do it. And I want to find a way to convince my wife we need this 🤔
I am using an 8 1/2" wheel mde by black Rhino w0 offset or you can use the Wildtrack wheels with 1.25" Bora spacer, which gets you the same thing. Rides beautiful, no rubbing. My wife's favorite go to vehicle when riding somewhere together now.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? 20230723_100953

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cheers.

I went with RTR’s 17x9 +0 and 37” KO2’s no rubbing with RPG 2.25 collars.

As far as convincing, there should be a lot of labor day sales, would she be more incline with “hey I’m going to do this at one point, but if I do it now I save X amount of dollars!” She may be inclined with a great sale. You can even do it in progression, 37” KO2’s fit on the stock wheels no spacer, with no rubbing on the street.

37” BFG’s on stock wheels
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_1150

37” BFG’s on RTR 17x9 +0 with RPG Collars

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_1222

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It doesn’t help y’all much, but this is what I ended up doing. The more I thought about what I wanted to do with the Bronco, the more a full adj. coilover made more sense in the long run…so I bit the bullet. It’s getting aligned now and I only have a few miles in it since I installed everything. So far I like the feel though, plush yet firm, and more controlled at the same time. Fronts are slightly more firm than the Fox’s, but the Fox’s were too squishy after adding the weight. ADS swapped the springs to account for my added weight.

Thanks to @Shifts And Grins Fab, Ryan has been awesome to work with.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_6758
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_6760
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_6774
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_6776
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_6777

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn’t help y’all much, but this is what I ended up doing. The more I thought about what I wanted to do with the Bronco, the more a full adj. coilover made more sense in the long run…so I bit the bullet. It’s getting aligned now and I only have a few miles in it since I installed everything. So far I like the feel though, plush yet firm, and more controlled at the same time. Fronts are slightly more firm than the Fox’s, but the Fox’s were too squishy after adding the weight. ADS swapped the springs to account for my added weight.

Thanks to @Shifts And Grins Fab, Ryan has been awesome to work with.
Looking awesome!!! I’m glad you’re loving it. There was no doubt in my mind you would. The feedback we’ve received from everyone, not to mention our own experiences with the kit on our Bronco has been great.
Sponsored