First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr wildtrak, zl1 1le, navigator, other stuff
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, I’ve been lurking here for about a year. Took delivery of my 2 door wildtrak in March of 2023.

Anyway, never saw anyone post an answer to my question, so finally made an account and here we are.

The HOSS 3.0 is undersprung and only barely keeps up with loads of passenger weight. Add a few things and it gets worse. More so for the rear springs. Ride height adjustment pieces don’t correct spring rate issues, but a different spring would.

I’ve seen a thread I can’t find now listing 3 different part numbers for the HOSS 3.0 rear springs, one for the 2 door, one for the 4 door, and a third I’m hoping is a tow package spring. Can anyone verify the differences in the spring options? I’d rather not buy coilovers to correct a minor issue and no one makes replacement springs for the limited option suspension.

thanks in advance, sorry if it’s been covered before, and I’ll probably be around posting now hopefully to contribute instead of only consuming.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I too am waiting for a HD option. It's going to come from the aftermarket. The factory tow package does include an uprated spring.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Springs are dependent on doors and engine size. Stepping up to springs for a four door may be the ticket. There isn’t a heavier spring for Broncos equipped with the tow package AFAIK. The after market offers heavier springs, but they’re not matched to the factory shocks.

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went thru all this when I swapped my badlands 2.0’s out for the hoss 3.0’s. I ended up with part# NB3Z-5560-B for the rear springs as I was looking for a softer ride. I ran thru multiple vins gathering info and even looking at quite of few bronco rear spring tags, all the heavier equipped 4 dr. Broncos including tow pkg all had #nb3z-5560-A rear springs and all non tow less equipped broncos had 5560-B. What code is on your rear spring tag it should say NB3C-5534-AY or AV or AR

OP
OP
turbo_jimbo

turbo_jimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door, so when I looked at the Ford parts lookup by VIN, it says I should have the 5560-B. It's raining quite a bit here today, but whenever it dries out I'll take a look at the strut assembly and see if I can read a part number.

4 door springs might be the best option if there really is not a 4 door tow package specific spring.

Thanks for the replies so far!

Sponsored

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2 door, so when I looked at the Ford parts lookup by VIN, it says I should have the 5560-B. It's raining quite a bit here today, but whenever it dries out I'll take a look at the strut assembly and see if I can read a part number.

4 door springs might be the best option if there really is not a 4 door tow package specific spring.

Thanks for the replies so far!
I’m running the same rear spring as you on my 4 door so the only option other then going aftermarket is the 5560-A, spring. That’s the one that’s always matched with the tow pkg.

OP
OP
turbo_jimbo

turbo_jimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m running the same rear spring as you on my 4 door so the only option other then going aftermarket is the 5560-A, spring. That’s the one that’s always matched with the tow pkg.
Cool. I'll have to give that a try and see how it goes. Otherwise, Dobbinsons are in my future. Any idea what these takeoffs go for? 🙃

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool. I'll have to give that a try and see how it goes. Otherwise, Dobbinsons are in my future. Any idea what these takeoffs go for? 🙃
Idk to be honest.
Sponsored